The "LIGHT" goes out!

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#75re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:26pm

No she lost it in Clara's Interlude today.

#76re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!

Hey kyle,
I just sent that picture to you. Hope you enjoy!

~Jkor

Isabella2
#77re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!

no she lost it during clara's interlude. It was very cinderella-esque. I thought it was supposed to happen. She sounded A-MAH-ZING
Updated On: 7/2/06 at 11:26 PM

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#78re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:28pm

Clara's Interlude/Love to Me is my favorite scene in the entire show. Makes me cry every time.

Thank you Korenglish! I appreciate it!!

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#79re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:30pm

A little vintage Piazza.

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored
Updated On: 7/2/06 at 11:30 PM

Isabella2
#80re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:32pm

haha already watched it. I love watching what it was like a year ago and how it stayed so similar.

nomdeplume
#81re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:32pm

Strange, I remember seeing Kelli lose her shoe in previews one night something near "Interlude."

Her shoes all had the highest heels!

And she had to run in them!
Updated On: 7/2/06 at 11:32 PM

Isabella2
#82re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:33pm

so i just watched the pbs version and i guess it wasn't supposed to happen. Funny. She looses her shoes at the most appropriate times, i think. Hysteria is a very good time to loose a shoe, lol.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#83re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:34pm

thanks, boxers7!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#84re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:34pm

Is that a flashlight in your pocket or are you just happy to light my piazza?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Isabella2
#85re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:37pm

k since i'm still new the whole piazza thing, i have a question. How old is Clara? Is she really 26? If she isn't why did she write that she was 26?

#86re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:46pm

Clara really is 26. She writes her actual age, and the reason Signor Nacarelli gets so upset is because she is years older than Fabrizio, and to him... that is unacceptable. That is when he storms out after looking at her paper, because he realizes she is older in years physically.

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#87re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:47pm

She is a 26 year old with the brain of a 10 year old...supposedly.

Isabella2
#88re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:50pm

thanks

lvpblues
#89re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:52pm

The final performance was one of the most emotionally satisfying experiences I have ever had at the theatre. The cast was extraordinary; every single actor delivered a touching portrayal and sang incredibly well. I am not the biggest Katie Clarke fan (in the role, not as a person), but today's performance (I've seen her do the role five times) was the most satisfying, vocally; a far cry from the complaints regarding the telecast.

I have also never had the privilege of being in an audience that exuded so much love for the show and actors onstage. Having seen the show 12 times, I have received a lot of flack from friends who find the idea preposterous, but to be among others who thought similarly just made the afternoon ever so more special. The energy at the opening was something any actor would love to feed off of and we were on as well. (I couldn't get over the opening number stopping the show, I have never seen that in the theatre before).

Vicki was sensational. I honestly have run out of words with which I can comment on her performance. She completely blew me out of the water opening night and continued to do so every single time I saw Piazza. And today was no exception, particularly in her two second act arias ("The Beauty Is" reprise is my personal favorite musical moment for Margaret, with the other two songs running neck and neck behind it). She is a marvel and I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to tell her following the performance.

Curtain speech was wonderful, funny and poignant. And God, I just love the Vicki Clark metaphors. It was really a pleasure to see everyone that made the show possible onstage at that moment; from the actors to the creators to the crew. You could really feel that there was a familial atmosphere regarding the show.

By the way, I also want to add that the individual at the stage door was incredibly annoying. I actually moved away because I felt embarrassed for the actors being bombarded with his questions and comments. Fortunately the actors handled the stage door with their usual class. They were all wonderfully gracious and appreciative; I doubt I've ever received more genuine thanks from actors than today.

Also, to all the other fans who were in the house, thanks for adding to experience and helping make this an afternoon to remember.

Time to pop in the cast album...

And once more for the road: Alla belleza della vita!

~Kev

PS - The moment when Margaret sang the operatic "Love" in Fable and the audience exploded in applause may be my personal favorite moment (of many) this afternoon.

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#90re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:00am

Kev, reading your PS brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.

Isabella2
#91re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:07am

"PS - The moment when Margaret sang the operatic "Love" in Fable and the audience exploded in applause may be my personal favorite moment (of many) this afternoon."

Thank you, kev. That's exactly what i've been trying to say. I find at times when feel so extremely about something, i lose all sense of vocabulary speech. Frustrating, no? si?

"no, si."

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#92re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:09am

This is off-topic, but here goes:

I just uploaded all the photos I took at the curtain call of Patti's last Margaret and the Friday night show onto a dot com. When I go to blahblah.com/foldername it gives me a 404 error. Is there anyway I can just make an index so it lists the files that are in the folder when people go there? I don't want to have to code out links to every picture re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#93re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:09am

Clara's Interlude/Love to Me never fails to bring me to tears. I never got to see the show live, but ADORE the cast recording and Live from LC. I absolutely was in awe of the cast. I didn't get all the complaints about Katie. Her voice is beautiful, and her acting choices impeccable. Aaron Lazar gave me chills, and then there's Vicki, who is phenomenal.

I'm sad that this show closed, but happy we got it for the time we did. Someone, anyone, indepth review.

Isabella2
#94re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:13am

damn... why did this show close already? Why did my appreciation just turn to anger? ugh.

ChrisLK
#95re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:13am

What an amazing, touching, beautiful show. It was the first show I've ever seen in New York, and I could not have picked a better one.

Farewell, Piazza.

"I could use a little... Miracle." ~SWIWS

#96re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:19am

I agree ChrisLK, I am glad that was your first. It was a nice way to start it out re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#97re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:28am

Okay guys, sorry to have to do this to you but you'll just have to change the last 2 numbers on the URL. Dial-up users beware! These are large images. I didn't re-size in case anyone wanted to save them to a disc and get them printed out. They include Patti's last performance as Margaret, Friday Night show, pictures of Lincoln Center, and the large posters of the cast members that are across from the stage door. Enjoy! (Please tell me someone took photos tonight......)

Base URL: http://secondstageplayers.org/piazza/DSCN10

94-99

Base URL: http://secondstageplayers.org/piazza/DSCN11

1-3
29-46
48-50

they are all .jpg files

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#98re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:32am

I will miss this show so much. It was the most elegant, beautiful show, with some of the most elegant and beautiful people in the cast.

kyle- I can't get it to work; maybe it's just me, but it won't work. And I sent you a PM.

Isabella2
#99re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:38am

yeah it didn't work for me either. he base url is messed up or something. Oh and i would show you the pictures that i took but... they're horrifying. sorry!

edit: Boradwayshowfan, how did you manage to get a backstage tour for Piazza? Updated On: 7/3/06 at 12:38 AM

Videos