pixeltracker

Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?- Page 3

Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#50re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 2:24pm

It was a benefit called The 24 Hour Plays on Broadway; just one night only, a series of 10 minute plays.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

mesmerized24601 Profile Photo
mesmerized24601
#51re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 2:30pm

And I didnt know about this because??????????????

How I wish that there was a better official website for EVERYTHING.

Oh thats right, I didnt know because I am 600 miles away and totally out of the loop, the official love thread needs a hotline number I could call to get updates on the important stuff!!!! When about was this if you dont mind?

...and still you hold on, to every old song... - Adam Pascal

luvtheEmcee
#52re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 2:31pm

Late October of last year.

mesmerized24601
#53re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 2:35pm

Thanks, I would of love to have seen it. It is so hard when you have to travel to decide wich things you want to attend. Well want is a strong word but you know what I mean everything seems so important but I would go broke. Of course the Studder's benifiet I decide to see this I miss, go figure, atleast it was for charity!

luvtheEmcee
#54re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 2:39pm

They had student rush, thankfully. That was the only way I was able to afford it!

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#55re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 2:48pm

He should be Fiyero in that LA production of Wicked!

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

mesmerized24601
#56re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 2:51pm

Yeah the student thing has saved me a million times, especially in the Aida days. I fear that he is going to do something new out in LA and I will want to go sooo badly.

Let me just say now that me and friends have been trieng to get out to CA for two years now so if it happens to happen when Adam related things are happening then so be it! Who am I to interfear with fate? I crack me up!

Back to the topic from before though, I always assumed that the decision to move west was more because of Cybeles carreer, she is doing great out there maybe its her turn to shine for a while.

eh, not that its any if my buisness, its not like I sit around and think about it, I just always assumed that.

TimeSuckage
#57re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 3:38pm

So after all of Ticketmaster's charges, it's costing 90 bucks for me and Mr. TimeSuckage to attend this shindig. You better rock, Pretty Boy.

Emcee, get your butt on a plane! You can't miss this.

What, besides promoting her book, is Cybele doing out here?

mesmerized24601
#58re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 4:01pm

I suppose it's all book promoting related but she has expressed that bieng out there has given her ideas and oppertunities.

JarNerdAV Profile Photo
JarNerdAV
#59re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 4:15pm

For those of you in the LA area who don't have tickets yet, I recommend you go to the box office and get your tix. I went to the theatre during my lunch and picked up four tickets (second row right side)and saved $28.00 in Ticketmaster fees. I also sent out an e-mail to all my local friends (Rent fans or not) to encourage them to check out the show. Hell, $35.00 a ticket is cheap by today's ridiculous standards. Hopefully, the word will get out and "pretty boy" will fill the place.

luvtheEmcee
#60re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 4:18pm

Hah, Time Suckage, someone else has already asked me if I'll be there, and I posted a bit of an unncessarily long rant, but... since it's beginning, I might as well say very simply to any who might ask or assume that... unfortunately, flying out there to see him is outlandish, even to me, for a lot of reasons, not the least of which that I simply hate planes, and will not fly for more than 3 hours without sedatives. But to take a six hour trip, to another time zone to see something that I've seen a bunch of times before is simply unjustifiable and unncessary. Somewhere a line needs to be drawn, and limitations need to be set. As much as I would like to see him, it's simply not possible, nor is it reasonably logical. I couldn't in good conscience.

So, I'll sit things out for now and hear about them from people who get to go, hoping that he comes home eventually. You all on the West Coast had better tell me all about it; I'm glad there are people on the board who will be there; send him our love!

I also sent out an e-mail to all my local friends (Rent fans or not) to encourage them to check out the show. Hell, $35.00 a ticket is cheap by today's ridiculous standards. Hopefully, the word will get out and "pretty boy" will fill the place.

That's great! Nice job. Knowing you did that put a smile on my face. More than I want to be able to see him perform myself, I want success for him. About how big is the theater?

Cybele's a playwright, and I believe she wants to try to open up opportunities to write for TV.

Updated On: 7/7/06 at 04:18 PM

achancetofly Profile Photo
achancetofly
#61re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 4:26pm

Awww man...I want to go to that so badly! Ticketmaster's offering really good seats, too! Damnit...

I can't go because I'll be in Vegas for the 27th through the 30th! DAMNIT.

"Cages or wings, which do you prefer?"-- Tick, Tick...BOOM!

JarNerdAV Profile Photo
JarNerdAV
#62re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 4:28pm

I'm not sure how big the Brentwood is. They don't say on their website. Here is a link to the seating chart. I didn't have time to include count the seats.
Brentwood Seating Chart

luvtheEmcee
#63re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 4:29pm

He could totally fill that. re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?

TimeSuckage
#64re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 5:14pm

I hear you, Emcee. Didn't mean to rub your nose in it or anything. I'm sure it's different when you have seen him perform a lot in NYC. I've only seen him do his own material once cuz I'm out West, so this is a big deal for me.

JarNerdAV, if I could've gotten to the box office, believe me, I would have. Ticketmaster is so evil.

Has anyone received an email from Sh-K-Boom advertising this show? I have not, and I get a lot of info emails from them about other stuff. I'm just curious what their role is in promoting this gig.

luvtheEmcee
#65re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 5:58pm

Oh, no, it's okay. I just sort of want to clear it up before half the board asks me if I'm flying out West; on one hand, people have asked and I'm like "are you crazy?" but I guess on the other, I *appear* crazy enough to do it. And, I mean, I'm bummed out, but... I've had my share -- for six years. re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?

I hope everyone who goes has a great time! He puts on quite a show. You guys are in for a treat.

Nothing from Sh-k-Boom for me, either. I don't think they're doing his booking anymore, but I'd think they'd still publicize his appearances...

JarNerdAV Profile Photo
JarNerdAV
#66re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 6:28pm

Emcee: It's not so crazy, but probably not cost effective. Father's day weekend, for a surprise I flew my partner and myself out to New York for two days to see History Boys, Threepenny Opera, Three Days of Rain and Broadway Bares. I had two Jet Blue passes that were supposed to be for our annual November trip, but I have time to find a deal for November--so it was pretty cost effective. The clincher was that I one two backstage passes to go meet Cyndi Lauper in her dressing room. What a crazy, whirlwind weekend it was. Expensive, but worth it. Coming to LA for just once concert probably wouldn't be worth the trip for you.

luvtheEmcee
#67re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 6:32pm

Well, lots of people come to New York for vacation; but, exactly -- it's more than a bit silly to fly across the country for *one* concert. There are very few people I'd consider getting on a plane to see perform; I flew to Cincinnati to see Company, and while kind of crazy, that was a bit more justifiable in that it was something totally new, and at that point, going there was the only way to see it (and it was a short flight!). I've seen Adam play a lot of concerts, so travelling that far for one just isn't logically worth it.

Does the theater allow photography?

JarNerdAV Profile Photo
JarNerdAV
#68re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 6:34pm

I don't know if the Brentwood allows photographs. Probably not, but I'll have it in my pocket just in case. Hm...I've never stage doored in LA. Never even occured to me to try.

luvtheEmcee
#69re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 6:36pm

You should try. He's very friendly!

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#70re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 7:31pm

My fiance just picked up our tickets. First row!!!! I am beyond excited. I've met Adam before at an event and he was so nice.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

DancNdaMoonlite Profile Photo
DancNdaMoonlite
#71re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 7:34pm

I'm 2nd row.

I'm so excited. I can't sit still.

GodIHopeIGetIt Profile Photo
GodIHopeIGetIt
#72re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 7:38pm

I am going to LA on the 30th.
Hate you all...

Anyway, is this the only concert-type... well, anything he has scheduled out there? As much as I'm scared of some of the arrangements he's had for songs on his college tours, I want to see him live again.

luvtheEmcee
#73re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 7:39pm

As of now, it's the only date that's been released at all.

GodIHopeIGetIt Profile Photo
GodIHopeIGetIt
#74re: Any news on how Adam Pascal is doing out in CA?
Posted: 7/7/06 at 7:47pm

At least he's keeping up on that. I have a bad feeling that I'm going to turn on the TV and see him in a geico commercial.