pixeltracker

New Hairspray Question (I need an answer ASAP)

New Hairspray Question (I need an answer ASAP)

kate2
#0New Hairspray Question (I need an answer ASAP)
Posted: 7/7/06 at 5:01pm

On talkinbroadway.com, it says that Hairspray lotto sign ups start 3 hours before curtain, but when are the names actually drawn?

Updated On: 7/8/06 at 05:01 PM

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#1re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/7/06 at 5:13pm

From my experience, people haven't really shown up for the lotto so they end up selling the tickets as student rush. Granted I saw it in september so the crowds might be different.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#2re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/7/06 at 5:18pm

names are drawn 2 1/2 hours before curtain. so for tonights 8pm show, they'll draw names at 5:30pm. you really dont need to get there till about 5:20, 5:25 ish

kate2
#3re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/7/06 at 5:34pm

So, I'm assuming that it's almost guarunteed that I get a ticket? Seems pretty easy to win.

ILoveWicked330
#4re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/7/06 at 6:20pm

Never go to a lotto assuming you're going to win because you never know. I did the Hairspray lotto in November and I was literally the only person NOT to win. But, with Hairspray, you have a better chance of winning the lotto than any other show.

respeck Profile Photo
respeck
#5re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/7/06 at 6:22pm

Are they still lotto-ing the very last row, as opposed to the front? Or have things changed?

Parks
#6re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/7/06 at 6:25pm

in March, it was front row.. wonder why it's so easy to win. It's such a fun show..

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

Fosse76
#7re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/7/06 at 6:26pm

As of late, they have been having crowds of 30+ people. The most tickets that are available I believe are 26...but frequently they have sold a few of the seats in advance (to who knows who) so only 20 to 21 have been available. Plus it's summer and the movie has been getting some publicity with all these casting announcements, so it is more popular. It has been in the front row since September.

kenmarksnj Profile Photo
kenmarksnj
#8re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/7/06 at 8:29pm

i work in the merchandise crew for rick steiner productions at hairspray and jersey boys at least 3 or 4 nights a week...

the hairspray lottery has recently been very crowded and is drawn 2.5 hours before curtain. plan on arriving accordingly. don't think that you're guaranteed a ticket because recently the lottery has been very highly trafficked.

and as of january 1, all lottery seats are located in the front row of the orchestra.

kenmarksnj Profile Photo
kenmarksnj
#9re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/7/06 at 8:29pm

i work in the merchandise crew for rick steiner productions at hairspray and jersey boys at least 3 or 4 nights a week...

the hairspray lottery has recently been very crowded and is drawn 2.5 hours before curtain. plan on arriving accordingly. don't think that you're guaranteed a ticket because recently the lottery has been very highly trafficked.

and as of january 1, all lottery seats are located in the front row of the orchestra.

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#10re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/8/06 at 4:25am

members of the cast can request lotto seats from the box office ahead of time for hairspray. which i dont entirely agree with, but that would be why sometimes they lotto less than are usually available

kate2
#11re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/8/06 at 8:13pm

NEW QUESTION: I'm getting a little confused because one website says that the Sunday performance is at 3, but another says there are shows at 1:30 and 6:30... Which time is it!?

RentBoy86
#12re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/8/06 at 8:24pm

I think that's cool that they give the cast lotto seats. What if a friend is coming in town unexpectedly and the show is already sold out? Or there is a new cast member and his parents want to see his first bow on Broadway, but can't seem to get tickets? Just a thought.

Buscee
#13re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/8/06 at 8:27pm

I believe the sunday shows are at 2PM. Between January and June they had 2 shows on Sunday. The schedule has since changed

kate2
#14re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/8/06 at 8:59pm

I just called the box office and the recording said Sundays at 3pm, so I'm going to believe that. Pretty confusing if you ask me!

kenmarksnj Profile Photo
kenmarksnj
#15re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/8/06 at 10:16pm

i work at hairspray... i'll tell you the answer.

the sunday performance of hairspray is at 3:00 PM.

until last sunday, the show had been running two sunday performances at 1:30 and 6:30 and eliminated the wednesday evening show from its schedule.

now, however, hairspray has resumed a normal sunday schedule at 3:00.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#16re: Quick Hairspray Lotto Question
Posted: 7/8/06 at 11:25pm

I was at the lottery on Thursday, June 29th. Since the performance was at 7:00 that night, sign up began at 4:00. At 4:30 we were all told that we'd get tickets, as there weren't enough people signed up to draw names. The seats were in the front row and I had a blast being so close.

By the way, the show is in excellent shape. My only complaint: the costume cuts that have been made. To me, it's very noticeable.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Videos