Mister Choi And Madame G

fiyero8132
#0Mister Choi And Madame G
Posted: 7/27/06 at 4:11pm

Ahhh! I just bought the recording of Elegies by William Finn. Friggin unbelievable. Where can I get the sheet music to Mister Choi And Madame G? I love the song but I can't find it. Any help would be welcome :)

#1re: Mister Choi And Madame G
Posted: 7/27/06 at 4:48pm

I adore this show! I saw it here in Los Angeles with Keith Byron Kirk, Celia Bolger, Stephen Bogardus, Maureen McGovern and Brian Beacock. It was wonderful. Very moving music. Try sheetmusicplus.com

elvisitis1302 Profile Photo
elvisitis1302
#2re: Mister Choi And Madame G
Posted: 7/27/06 at 7:04pm

The sheet music to this show is not available, but there are some of us that have copies of the score...

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#3re: Mister Choi And Madame G
Posted: 7/27/06 at 7:08pm

Did Celia sing "Anytime" in that production, Singingbackup?

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."

erinrebecca
#4re: Mister Choi And Madame G
Posted: 7/27/06 at 10:35pm

My favorite song from Elegies. Such a fantastic show!

fiyero8132
#5re: Mister Choi And Madame G
Posted: 7/27/06 at 10:37pm

I really need the sheet music. Someone, please, I beg of you - have a heart! HAVE A HEART!

fiyero8132
#6re: Mister Choi And Madame G
Posted: 7/29/06 at 8:46pm

Still on the lookout for this song. Could anyone hook me up with the sheets?

amasis Profile Photo
amasis
#7re: Mister Choi And Madame G
Posted: 7/29/06 at 9:35pm

Did Celia sing "Anytime" in that production, Singingbackup?

I know that question wasn't directed at me, but yes, she did sing 'Anytime' in that production :). And she did a great job with it.

alicia_11212 Profile Photo
alicia_11212
#8re: Mister Choi And Madame G
Posted: 7/29/06 at 10:09pm

Not really an answer to the original post, but for anyone who loves "Elegies" and lives in/ near Toronto: there'll be a production here in Jan/Feb '07. Just a heads up!! Very exciting.

"We all get blue, I say, Hang on tight, I'll be your bodyguard." -Tick, tick..BOOM!

erinrebecca
#9re: Mister Choi And Madame G
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:52pm

alicia, actually it's Feb. 15 - March 3.

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#10re: Mister Choi And Madame G
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:30am

I'd sell my left arm for a version of Celia's "Anytime". Ugh. I can only imagine.

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."

alicia_11212 Profile Photo
alicia_11212
#11re: Mister Choi And Madame G
Posted: 7/30/06 at 11:12am

Okay, I stand corrected. Here's the link: http://actingupstage.com/index2.html

"We all get blue, I say, Hang on tight, I'll be your bodyguard." -Tick, tick..BOOM!

apdarcey
#12re: Mister Choi And Madame G
Posted: 7/30/06 at 1:35pm

there's going to be a big production at the kennedy center, i think in the terrace theatre, that is reorchestrated for an orchestra of around 20