News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for alicia_11212

alicia_11212 Profile Photo
Member Name: alicia_11212
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Lottos when you're time-strapped...
 Jul 18 2007, 02:38:49 PM
Thanks Waltsummers, that's exactly what I meant Any others also appreciated..
Lottos when you're time-strapped...
 Jul 18 2007, 01:36:00 PM
I know someone posted something like this a while back but I can't find it. I was wondering if anyone had a list of shows that had lottos that were close together (in distance) and staggered enough in times to go from one to the other with enough of a time in between to actually have a shot- like if you only had one day in NYC etc etc. Even if it were only 2 or 3 in a row, I would really appreciate it... and to make it easier, let's just say ANY shows, I can figure that out later...

If

re: The Most Haunting Score?
 Mar 12 2007, 10:34:20 AM
Just because I've seen it recently and it's on my mind, I'd say definitely ELEGIES: A SONG CYCLE. Especially the last 3-4 tracks.
re: Tom Stoppard Love/ Quotations Thread
 Jan 25 2007, 08:46:07 PM
I love this thread! Seriously, like almost half of The Real Thing is quotable. I must've seen it like eight times when it was playing in Toronto. I just loved it- I really couldn't get enough. Unfortunately, I can't quote any of it now; I wouldn't get it right/ verbatim. But I love his stuff. I need to see some more of his plays.
re: A Chorus Line iTunes Release
 Dec 28 2006, 07:59:02 PM
Umm.. I didn't have a problem buying the karaoke tracks on their own- looks to me like they're still both on sale individually- both WIDFL and One (reprise). Maybe it's just a itunes.com thing. Looks like you just need to get it from a Canadian :)
re: The best PHANTOMS and the worst?
 Dec 4 2006, 06:00:20 PM
This is *slightly* OT, but is there a master list somewhere of every person who's ever played the Phantom (touring, B-way, every show excluding maybe regional, etc.)? I need to find that list, if there is one. Or would this be a little too "needle in a hackstack"? Just wondering if *someone* out there has a list (obviously, with about as much accuracy as can be expected, as it would be impossible to get *everyone*). I'd love it if anyone had any ideas on that, or leads that they could provide me
re: One question, Yes or No answer (about RENT)
 Nov 28 2006, 04:49:57 PM
Yes!

And unfortunately, I would have to disagree with you on the above comment, snl89. People who hate "Rent" around here certainly *would* come and say so. It's the BWW way. I'm suprised that the hords of haters haven't already descended on this post in the hundreds.

re: Chenoweth To Star In Dolly Parton Biopic
 Nov 27 2006, 07:22:01 PM
Dolly was in town last week (Toronto), and actually spoke to this, about how Cheno she was "born to play the role" or something. It was in the Star on the 23rd, I believe. Can't find a link at the moment.

Speaking of, poor Cheno getting hurt in a technical run for "Apple Tree". Goodness! What ****ty luck she has. First a neck injury over a hair flip, now this. Let's all wish her a speedy recovery!!

re: john and jen
 Nov 20 2006, 08:07:14 PM
It was only ever recorded one time, with the same cast (Carolee and James Ludwig) so... someone else around here will probably know why there's two listings w/ slightly different covers. Maybe they released it twice for some reason? They're still both from Jan. '96.

Anyway, LOVE this recording. It's so worth it, I couldn't believe how long I'd lived without it before I first saw/ heard it (only slightly joking

This is definitely in my top f

re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
 Oct 22 2006, 04:16:43 PM
It's Brian *Kinney*. And he is straight. But I don't see how him being a good actor makes it too "unbelievable" for him to be straight- it's just acting. If you think about it, it's really no different than playing a straight guy- he just had more style and honesty. I'm kidding... mostly.

Gale Harold is very delicious, though. I remember when he came in to my work one day a couple of years ago, and we all freaked out and dove behind a pillar, because we were all too chicken and in shock

re: Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Your Favorite Shows..
 Oct 15 2006, 10:09:12 AM
Eponine: I think it was "Which Way To The Party", not "which way is..'"
re: Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Your Favorite Shows..
 Oct 14 2006, 11:13:27 PM
The touring Elphaba that was injured in a technical run was Stephanie J. Block. So they flew in the NY understudy (ensemble member) and she filled in for a show (or two). Then Jenna Leigh Green was Elphaba for a time. Something like that.
re: Ticket prices on Broadway - justified?
 Oct 14 2006, 09:54:13 PM
worser..
RENT Tour REVIEW
 Oct 9 2006, 11:45:21 PM
Is there anyone in the Hamilton or Kitchener (or Toronto) area that can tell me which theatres the tour is going to be at for the Kitchener (Nov. 21st & 22nd) and Hamilton (23rd) tour stops? I've looked everywhere and can't find the location info. I know I saw them somewhere random at some point, and rentthetour.com doesn't have the venue listed yet. Please help :)
re: Name 5 Of Your Favorite Songs From Rent
 Sep 30 2006, 12:52:00 PM
1. Take Me or Leave Me
2. Finale B
3. Another Day
4. Seasons of Love
5. La Vie Boheme
(Hmm..I'd have rather done a top ten!)

I actually found this hard, though not for the reasons *some people* around here have. Seriously- some people LIKE Rent, you idiots! Get over it!

re: Best confrontation songs
 Aug 29 2006, 08:26:54 PM
"Run and Hide" from John & Jen
"No More" from SWIWS

re: Songs With the Same Name
 Aug 29 2006, 08:03:10 PM
spybud, you forgot "No More" from See What I Wanna See.

How did you manage that with all the little Idina!fans always around? j/k

re: Where's Idina in the film Camp?
 Aug 28 2006, 06:44:36 PM
...and "How Shall I See You Through My Tears" as well.
re: A Play with Music
 Aug 25 2006, 10:16:29 PM
This thread reminds me of the confusion I felt when people were calling LOTR a "musical", then all of a sudden it was being described as "a play with music". I didn't really get where they were going with that, all I heard was "not a musical= not gonna see it". Just kidding... mostly.
re: Yet another Chenoweth movie in the works...
 Aug 23 2006, 10:10:56 PM
Umm. yeah. I kinda agree with TonyaFanatic here. If everyone here was just running with the "questionable casting choice" line, why is the THREAD TITLE "*Yet another* Chenoweth movie.."? Sounds a little angled towards the NOT liking her. Why people back-peddle so much around here is beyond me. And all the retorts such as "jeez guys, I'm not knocking her, I'm just sayin' that someone else might be better!". Right. So alluding to her "chipmunk voice" is just someone being diplomatic. Is it profes
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You