Age?

narrowway12
#0Age?
Posted: 8/17/06 at 7:12pm

Does anybody know what the age minimum to audition for certain shows (Wicked,Hairspray,RENT,etc.)are?

neocomposer Profile Photo
neocomposer
#1re: Age?
Posted: 8/17/06 at 7:13pm

Generally no one under 4 can attend.

"That Sondheim kid has a big future."-Nathan Lane

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Age?
Posted: 8/17/06 at 7:14pm

I think I heard it was either 16 or 18. Are you 12? I dunno if that's what the number in your user name means. If so, then yes you are too young. There are no child roles in the shows you listed.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

vmlinnie
#3re: Age?
Posted: 8/17/06 at 7:16pm

Ha ha neo.

Narrow, I'd say they don't mind if you're 16 or 17, so long as you're not stuck with school commitments and that. If you look old enough for the part, and you are free to do it, then you should have no problem. Unless they have insurance problems with employing under-18s, you should be okay. re: Age?

P.S: If you go for an audition, Good Luck!

The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller

erinrebecca
#4re: Age?
Posted: 8/17/06 at 7:24pm

There are no minimums for Rent, per se. However, the call sheet always states early 20's generally for the roles. There have been a few teenagers (late teens) to be cast in the show over the years, but only a few. It's rare.

ashley0139
#5re: Age?
Posted: 8/17/06 at 7:55pm

There is one child in Hairspray, Little Inez.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#6re: Age?
Posted: 8/17/06 at 8:10pm

Little Inez is played by an adult now.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#7re: Age?
Posted: 8/17/06 at 8:32pm

And is no longer little.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird