Grey Garden Changes

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#0Grey Garden Changes
Posted: 10/22/06 at 11:16am

After looking at the Playbill & comparing it to the song list on the CD, the following changes were made

4 Cut Songs - All From Act 1

Toyland
Body Beautiful Beale
Better Fall Out Of Love
Being Bouvier

3 New Songs - All in 1 st Act

The Girl Who Has Everything
Going Places
The Telegram

The final reprise in Act 2 of Peas In A Pod replaced by a reprise of the Girl Who has Everything

Doubt I would buy any new CD just for 3 new songs

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 10/22/06 at 11:16 AM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#1re: Grey Garden Changes
Posted: 10/22/06 at 6:43pm

What do people who saw both productions think of the changes made & whether the new songs are better than the ones they replaced?

Poster Emeritus

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#2re: Grey Garden Changes
Posted: 10/22/06 at 6:48pm

Daddy's girl was off bway and in this production./

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#3re: Grey Garden Changes
Posted: 10/22/06 at 6:50pm

I will recheck the Playbill & if correct I will amend my post. Thanks

Poster Emeritus

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#4re: Grey Garden Changes
Posted: 10/22/06 at 7:08pm

So the reprise of the Girl Who has Everything is not an actual "reprise?" That is a new song, isn't it? How do you have a "reprise" if there isn't a song to begin with?

PEACE.

TomMonster Profile Photo
TomMonster
#5re: Grey Garden Changes
Posted: 10/22/06 at 7:13pm

That's the other new song in the 1st Act... Not "Daddy's Girl" which, as pointed out, was there in the off-Bdway version.

"It's not so much do what you like, as it is that you like what you do." SS

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." GMarx

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#6re: Grey Garden Changes
Posted: 10/22/06 at 7:13pm

Correct

I have made the correction in my post. Thanks

Poster Emeritus

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#7re: Grey Garden Changes
Posted: 10/22/06 at 7:21pm

The telegram also was in the show Off-Broadway. What about that song "Marry Well"? That was added to the show, was it not?

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#8re: Grey Garden Changes
Posted: 10/22/06 at 7:24pm

dirty rotten guy: Yes, it was.

I have a possibly stupid question: (Spoilers I guess) During ANOTHER WINTER IN A SUMMER TOWN, Little Edie looks over and sees her younger self packing up to leave like she did in the first act. Was this always in the show, including the Off-Broadway production? If they were experimenting with it for previews, I say keep it. I added more power to the lyrics of the song.

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#9re: Grey Garden Changes
Posted: 10/22/06 at 7:27pm

I am pretty sure Young Little Edie was infact packing during AWIAST when it was Off-Broadway.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#10re: Grey Garden Changes
Posted: 10/22/06 at 7:44pm

i honestly think it would've been better to see her just standing there in tears than to see the younger girl & the scarf. especially since she didn't put it her around her head like she did in the end of act one. if you're going to flashback, at least be consistant.

though Another Winter In A Summer Town did make me all choked up

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#11re: Grey Garden Changes
Posted: 10/22/06 at 7:46pm

Part of the confusion here is that I did not see it off broadway & was going according to the song titles on the CD. The telegram was not on the CD I believe

Poster Emeritus

Videos