rico
#1IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:32pm

WHEN IS IDINA LAST SHOW IN LONDON?

NathanLaneStalker
#1re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:33pm

...LMAO

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:33pm

I DON'T KNOW BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT A CAPS LOCK KEY IS AND HOW TO CONTROL IT?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#3re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:34pm

Oh my...

She's in till the new year.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

rico
#4re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:37pm

no date??

millie_dillmount
#5re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:39pm

Geez the show opened not that long ago...give it some time before they announce a date.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

rico
#6re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:41pm

I went to the show twice and I live in conn..long way to go not to see idina..she is the best

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#7re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:41pm

Rico, things will be alot easier for you if you kind of lightly step into the subjects of; Idina, Eden, Shoshana, and Wicked on this board.
Anywho, I think she ends some point in january. If course I haven't been following it for a while so I may be wrong. Also, there is a London board where people aren't as standoffish about Idina and Wicked beacuse it's a new problem for them.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#8re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:43pm

Her last day is December 30. If you'd used the search button, you'd already know that.

millie_dillmount
#9re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:43pm

Well where you see it? London or Broadway?

The show isn't the Idina show...no reason to be disappointed if you don't see her...I've seen better pull off the role.

rico
#10re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:44pm

idina is the best .A "TONY" ring a bell

sondhead
#11re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:49pm

Listen to that tony night performance. It's pretty embarassing for her. I can't believe she'd accept an award the night she gave that terrible performance.

It's all about her final "bring me down"... she sounds like someone making fun of an old woman trying to belt... or maybe she IS just an old woman trying to belt.. hahaha

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#12re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:53pm

Even though she was a little pitchy, her acting was phenomenal. Besides, she wasn’t the only pitchy leading actress who performed that night.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

WickedForever2 Profile Photo
WickedForever2
#13re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:54pm

Or perhaps she was sick and having an off night, we all do. And yes, her last day is Dec. 30, the website says Kerry will take over Jan. 1.

SweetQintheLights
#14re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:55pm

If you're a true fan, you call her eeydeennnnna

Thank you.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#15re: IDINA MENZEL

*prays to liza that rico is a teen poster parody*
Dude, only the original is up for a Tony. So Judy F-ing Garland in her prime could have gotten up there after Idina left abd belted the hell out of dyfing gravity and still not been nominated. Idina is. . . ."good" ,but to dissmiss every other person whose played the role is a little odd.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.
Updated On: 11/21/06 at 11:55 PM

millie_dillmount
#16re: IDINA MENZEL

Just because she won a Tony doesn't make her the best Elphaba, at least in my opinion. I saw Julia Murney in the role and thought she gave a hell of a better performance than Idina.

sondhead
#17re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:57pm

Ya, Tonya Pinkins sucked that evening as well. The pickings for best actress that year kind of sucked in general. It should have been just no one.

AnythingCanHappen Profile Photo
AnythingCanHappen
#18re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:58pm

thats my favorite thing ever. Long Before Dorothy Dropped In Wicked - The Idina Show! Starring: Idina Menzel as Elphaba, Glinda, The Wizard, Madame Morrible, Chistery, and Professor Goat VonGoatface...

Tickets are going fast.

"Don't worry, it should never be seen. It's comparable to Britney's hoo-ha." - being.jeremiah in response to the High School Musical 2 logo "You look fantastic, all you need are high heels, cake and a dream." - Amneris

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#19re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:59pm

I hate that all Idina fans have a bad name because of a few immature twits. I adore Idina and I think she is the best Elphaba. But everyone has some off nights, and her Tony performance was definitely one of them. Ouch. For the record, I also love Eden, Stephanie, and Julia as Elphaba.
Updated On: 11/22/06 at 11:59 PM

sondhead
#20re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:59pm

"Or perhaps she was sick and having an off night, we all do. And yes, her last day is Dec. 30, the website says Kerry will take over Jan. 1."

Apparantly she had an off-night every time she was bootlegged. I've never heard a live recording of her that sounded not completely embarassing for her. It's amazing what computers can do for her on the cast recording.

It's much more impressive when people like Shoshana Bean not only sound amazing professionally but live as well! That means they're actually *good* and not randomly liked by a thousand 14 yr olds.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#21re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/22/06 at 12:04am

Bootlegs don't do anyone justice. Idina sounded flawless the first two times I saw her. The third time, she sounded great until Defying Gravity. Then she left after Act I and Eden brought the house down in Act II. As for Shoshana, she can't act and all she does is riff. She does have an amazing voice, but she's miscast as Elphaba.
Updated On: 11/22/06 at 12:04 AM

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#22re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/22/06 at 12:05am

off-night every time she was bootlegged.
Or anything else for that matter. I enjoy her solo music, but she is not her greatest live. My mother cringed while watching her sing "I Know The Truth". Hearing her sing, "Life of The Party" live is not so hot either.

rico
#23re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/22/06 at 12:12am

Idina does 8 shows a week "i wish i could go to all of them"lol

Updated On: 11/22/06 at 12:12 AM

SweetQintheLights
#24re: IDINA MENZEL
Posted: 11/22/06 at 12:16am

*walks in*

*laughs*

*runs out*

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

Videos