pixeltracker

"Les Liaisons Dangereuses" canceled

"Les Liaisons Dangereuses" canceled

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#1"Les Liaisons Dangereuses" canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 2:36pm

Just so you all know, Roundabout has scrapped plans to revive this show.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

neddyfrank2
#1re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 2:40pm

Why?

How do you know?

munkustrap178
#2re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 2:44pm

Don't know why. I work at Roundabout.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#3re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 4:44pm

So now they have 2 unannounced shows for this season? I don't know how I'd feel about that if I were a subscriber.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

munkustrap178
#4re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 4:55pm

Correct.

The first TBA should be announced any day now.

chrispychicken Profile Photo
chrispychicken
#5re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 6:21pm

I had heard Alan Rickman might be starring in a revival of a production(can't recall the show), was that just a rumor? I would love to see him back on Broadway.

munkustrap178
#6re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 6:23pm

He was rumored to star in OLD TIMES opposite Laura Linney and Lindsay Duncan at the American Airlines at the end of December, but it fell through.

Alfred2 Profile Photo
Alfred2
#7re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 6:23pm

Fabulous film. Would have liked to see it on stage.

I'll be home when the morning comes.

munkustrap178
#8re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 6:24pm

Me too. I wonder what all the subscribers who already have LIAISONS tickets will say...

chrispychicken Profile Photo
chrispychicken
#9re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 6:32pm

I was taken to NYC for the first time in 1987 by my grandmother. I was 5 years old and she took me to my first show which was "Les Liaisons." I still have the playbill, although I cannot recall the production apart from still images in my mind.I was told by my grandmother that I was very well behaved, next summer she took me back and I saw my first musicals- Phantom of the Opera and Chess. I was hooked and have been going ever since, Phantom is still my favorite show. When I met Alan Rickman after Private Lives I told him he was the "star" I ever saw on stage.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#10re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 7:02pm

Me too. I wonder what all the subscribers who already have LIAISONS tickets will say...

I'm sure you know this since you work there, but the subscriber tickets do not have show names printed on them. They simply say, "American Airlines 1" or "American Airlines 2", for situations like this, I'm sure.

Do they have any idea what they'll replace it with?

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Thesbijean
#11re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 9:28pm

Sunday in the Park With George

Chrysanthemum62001
#12re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 9:33pm

This absolutely breaks my heart. I adore this play, and there are so many actors I would loved to see play the lead. re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

TomMonster Profile Photo
TomMonster
#13re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 9:35pm

I'm a subscriber--I'm never too worried. Roundabout always has interesting things, whether I like them or not!

I hope my tickets are still valid for those dates!?! I assume, if nothing is replacing the same time slot, there will be a refund? Hmmmm?

Oh well, it'll be fun to see how this pans out!

"It's not so much do what you like, as it is that you like what you do." SS

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." GMarx

Johnnytoc
#14re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 10:35pm

Aww re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled. I'm doing a scene from this for my acting final and was looking forward to seeing it afterwards.
Ah well, wonder what will replace it.

LionessInWinter
#15re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/23/06 at 11:16pm

I wonder what all the subscribers who already have LIAISONS tickets will say...

I am *not* happy is what I say. re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled

Thanks for the update, Munk.

munkustrap178
#16re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/24/06 at 12:12am

I know that the show titles are not printed on the tickets, but unless people take out the full season, they have specifically chosen to see LIAISONS.

It's too early for SUNDAY, though I think the American Airlines would be a charming theatre for it.

I have no idea what they are going to do with that slot. LIAISONS was scheduled to begin previews on December 22.

I bet they're just going to cancel the "American Airlines 2" show and extend HEARTBREAK HOUSE.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#17re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/24/06 at 12:14am

They couldn't secure the stars they wanted for LIAISONS.

munkustrap178
#18re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/24/06 at 12:16am

Correct, but I'm amazed that they couldn't find anyone else.

munkustrap178
#19re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/24/06 at 12:16am

Updated On: 11/24/06 at 12:16 AM

being.jeremiah
#20re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/24/06 at 12:19am

Who were supposed to be in the show?

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#21re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/24/06 at 12:20am

Well, I assume because one of the planned stars has a long standing relationship with the Roundabout that it may perhaps just be rescheduled for next season. But there have been a number of shows postponed in the past that never resurfaced (MISS JULIE being the first to come to mind).

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#22re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/24/06 at 10:01am

"But there have been a number of shows postponed in the past that never resurfaced (MISS JULIE being the first to come to mind)."

FOOL FOR LOVE, as well. I'm still waiting for that one!

"I have no idea what they are going to do with that slot. LIAISONS was scheduled to begin previews on December 22."

Munk, according to my subscriber handbook, LIAISONS was set to start in April. Were they planning to move it up before they canceled it altogether?

I am dissapointed, but then again, when you buy a subscription, you know full well that things like this can happen. I'm sure they'll find something equally good to replace it.

blueflame Profile Photo
blueflame
#23re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/24/06 at 10:25am

i think i would marry alan rickman if i could only find him. maybe i could throw a bag over him like borat did to pammy.

"You can't just leave a meringue once you start it!"

munkustrap178
#24re: 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' canceled
Posted: 11/24/06 at 11:54am

MEF: You're correct, I misspoke. The TBA begins previews 12/22m not DL.