pixeltracker

Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances- Page 2

Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances

bostonbroadwayfan
#26re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/1/07 at 11:33am

I loved it Ive watched it a bunch of times already. Must have been a difficult stage to work on, looked really small.
I blame ABC for some lousy production work, the sound could have been better.

Liberator
Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#28re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/1/07 at 8:40pm

Whoever was doing the camerawork on that was horrible.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

eve harrington2
#29re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/1/07 at 10:19pm

CurtainPullDowner, I have noticed you make a habit of jumping into almost every Jersey Boys thread and slamming it. Also, started calling John Lloyd Young, John Little Young.

Why? Has he done something to you, personally? I dunno, seems kind of petty. Not sure why you feel the need to attack him.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#30re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/1/07 at 10:33pm

Eve Harrington calling me petty, I love that.
I really have nothing personal against Mr. Young, and though I am certainly in the minority I think he is way over rated.
He misses countless performances, which is a pet peeve of mine, he makes those weird faces when he sings (even my friends who Love him agree with that)
I try to stop commenting but it's like a drug,. I feel there are so many other performers worthy of praise.
I will try to stop, but a month from now when someone again says he is God's gift to acting and singing and doing the hardest part on Broadway (it's not) I may see my hands typing.
I just can't help it.
(and he is kinda "little")
Someone slap me.

eve harrington2
#31re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/1/07 at 10:35pm

Did you ever bother to see him in Jersey Boys? I recall a post saying you had no desire to even see him in the show.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#32re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/1/07 at 10:36pm

I've continued to be unimpressed with Young's performances - I have not seen the show yet, but I've seen him perform on TV, including last night.

I don't understand the sneer that doesn't leave his face, and I still don't get why he's so great that he's allowed by production/management to miss so many shows. I keep trying to hear him sounding like Frankie Valli, but it's certainly far from uncanny.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

eve harrington2
#33re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/1/07 at 10:41pm

I know nothing about his missing so many shows. I know he was sick. I know I have read he is now doing 6 shows a week.

Rath, I am now going to tell you that the TV appearances do not ever do any justice to his acting performance. You need to see him in the show to understand why he won the Tony. I just saw it again (first time since last year) and he is even better...which I find hard to believe.

I don't understand, ever, why people feel free to judge any performer, without seeing a complete performance in the show itself.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#34re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/1/07 at 10:44pm

Yes Eve,
I went back cause a friend said you have to see JLY.
I saw Michael Longoria the first time and though I didn't like the show, He sang the songs effortlessly and never made a weird face.
And i was totally unimpressed with JLY, he singing was Ok but his acting was like (I won't even say)
There you got me to post again, are you happy?
And again I admit I am in the minority here.
And I agree he ain't no Valli who I saw many times
(as a youth of course).

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#35re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/1/07 at 10:44pm

Because those incomplete performances have the sole purpose of selling the performers and shows. Why should we spend our hard-earned cash on something that can't hold our attention in positive way for less than five minutes?

I'm not judging his entire performance as I haven't seen it. I'm saying what he's shown me isn't enough to make me want to bother.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

JB Fan
Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#37re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/2/07 at 8:30am

Not from what they've shown me.

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#38re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/2/07 at 8:57am

He's actually the weak link in the show for me. I've seen it a couple times. The faces he makes drive me crazy.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

worrell4077
#39re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/2/07 at 12:27pm

In all honesty, if you watch some of the Frankie Valli performances, and you look at Frankie's face, he's making what my voice teacher, Tim, calls "angry face". JLY isn't the only one who does it, if you look at last year's Broadway Under The Stars, at certain points, Michael Longoria was making faces to, squinting his eyebrows, looking like he was going to cry.

As far as their New Years Rockin Eve performance goes, they were fantastic as always. I didn't think that they were going to do "Beggin", but I had a feeling that they were going to do "December 1963(Oh What A Night)". Out of all of them, Bobby looked like he had the most energy, jumping everywhere, getting the crowd pumped.

The only thing I didn't like was when Ryan Seacrest introduced them, he said "J.Robert Spencer, Daniel Reichard, Christian Hoff, and Tony Winner John Lloyd Young." Umm, Christian is a Tony Winner too, I remember I said the same thing to my sister.
Updated On: 1/2/07 at 12:27 PM

Duckie93
#40re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/2/07 at 4:50pm

Aww john looked cold... oh nvm its winter...

2008 Pirandello Players of SBHS present "Damn Yankees"

bwayondabrain
#41re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/2/07 at 6:08pm

I was in Times Square during the performance and tried to video some of it
Yeah, they sounded good
Good for the show, too

:)

kaibranch
#42re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/2/07 at 8:02pm

I loved their performance for New Years! I thought they were great. "Beggin'" is one of my favorite songs. And for the record, I love the faces JLY makes when he's singing.

It bothered me, too, when Ryan Seacrest only said "Tony winner" for JLY. Then again, I really don't think he watches the Tonys, so I guess he was just given the wrong information.

TampaNative
#43re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/2/07 at 8:28pm

I also loved the performance! What a talented group of singers/actors they are! My husband and I saw the play in October with the full cast and truly enjoyed it...we live in Tampa and made a special trip to NYC to see Jersey Boys. In my humble opinion (I am a fan of musical theater and have been for many years, but I'm not an expert and certainly not even consider passing judgement on an actor sight unseen), I think John Lloyd Young's voice is amazing. All four of the principals have great futures, and I look foward to their next projects!

BrunetteBombshell
#44re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/2/07 at 9:16pm

The "Tony award winner John Lloyd Young..." comment made me say "Christian won a Tony too..." to the TV set.

I was surprised that they sang Beggin', since it's not a song that's normally sung when the cast makes public performance.

And I agree, the camera work was awful.

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#45re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/2/07 at 9:27pm

John is so much better live than he is on TV.

I loved that they did 'Beggin'!

theatrelovr Profile Photo
theatrelovr
#46re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/3/07 at 8:08am

I have to say that I was not that impressed with their performance that night. It just seemed like something was missing. I saw the show back in October and it was great, but either the picture quality or sound, something just wasnt right. They are still awesome though.

bostonbroadwayfan
#47re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/3/07 at 10:54am

I love Jersey Boys even though I havent seen the show yet, I have seen every TV performance. I agree about JLY's sneer he looks so angry while the other three look very happy to be there. Is this done on purpose. Plus missing performances is not cool.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#48re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/3/07 at 11:01am

You have to see the show to see why everyone is raving about his performance. You can't see his acting in the important scenes when they're performing "Beggin'" or any other song.

And I can hardly tell any "face-making" during the show. Yes, I know that he does make faces (watch the Macy's Parade video from last year), but in the show, your eyes are on so many things that it doesn't even matter.

FosseForever3 Profile Photo
FosseForever3
#49re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
Posted: 1/3/07 at 11:18am

I was SO excited to see Jersey Boys on ABC, they gave a great performance! (off topic: if anyone stuck around they would have seen a performance by Meatloaf that made me want to throw my doll house sized TV out of my apt window...seriously, he was embarrassingly dreadful *flinches just thinking about it*)

"Now she wants to know WHY, if I'm so fabulous, I would WANT to take care of her child.....I answer with as much filigree and insouciance as I can muster, trying to slightly cock my head like Snow White listening to the animals. She, in turn, is aiming for more of a Diane-Sawyer-pose, looking for answers which will confirm that I am not there to steal her husband, jewelry, friends, or child. In that order." The Nanny Diaries

Videos