pixeltracker

Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?)- Page 2

Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?)

#25re: Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?)
Posted: 1/23/07 at 7:27pm

i love the show, it is very dear to me... & if Sara Gettelfinger assumes the role of JANET, i'll go see it again!!!!

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#26re: Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?)
Posted: 1/23/07 at 7:27pm

What exactly didn't you like about it, Barbelena?

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#27re: Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?)
Posted: 1/23/07 at 7:34pm

I've seen it thrice and have loved it each time. It's refreshing to see a musical that isn't a jukebox musical, movical, or a revival.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#28re: Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?)
Posted: 1/23/07 at 7:40pm

If you're a fan of current Broadway trends, you aren't likely to like this show.

SweetQintheLights
#29re: Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?)
Posted: 1/23/07 at 7:52pm

"Geez, just because someone doesn't like a show doesn't warrant an attack on taste and character."

Thank you. You expressed clearly what I was thinking. She wasn't inappropriate in her post and there was no reason for the attack. Especially telling her she is totally wrong.

Opinions aren't wrong.

Now, my opinion. I heard a ton of hype about it and I had the cast recording which I loved. I then went to see it and it really wasn't all that great. No, it wasn't bad but it surely was less than I had hoped for.
I still listen to the music quite often but as for the show, I didn't particularly enjoy it.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#30re: Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?)
Posted: 1/23/07 at 7:55pm

DRS: MOVICAL...I love that word! First I've heard of it and it's hilarious!

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#31re: Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?)
Posted: 1/23/07 at 8:02pm

Glad ya like it re: Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?).

JustABroadwaybaby2
#32re: Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?)
Posted: 1/23/07 at 8:04pm

Drowsy grew on me. Here is my review from last year: https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=896270#2153369 but after listening to it,e tc... I liked it more. I don't know. You just have to let it grow on you.

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#33re: Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?)
Posted: 1/23/07 at 9:32pm

No, it wasn't you. I love the zany, goofy musicals of the 1920s and 1930s, but thought DROWSY was never as clever or as well-written as it should have been. Too often it seemed like a patched together rip-off rather than an inspired pastiche.

Whatever stregths there are in DROWSY are soley that of its ultra-talented and appealing cast - they know how to make hash seem like sirloin.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
Updated On: 1/23/07 at 09:32 PM

maybethistime
#34re: Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?)
Posted: 1/23/07 at 10:38pm

One of the funniest, freshest and most original (not to mention hilarious) musicals I've seen ever... I loved every minutes and it's one of my favorite all-time shows. Yes, it seems to have been just you.

And MasterLcZ, how ever much I respectfully disagree with your assessment of DROWSY, I couldn't help but notice Ann Miller in your avatar... LOVE HER!