pixeltracker

Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF

Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF

NJgirl
#1Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 11:26am

Heads up to anyone who wants to snag a cheap seat to see this. Next Friday and Sat nights are up on TDF!

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#2re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 12:01pm

Thanks for the heads up!

FYI for anyone who's interested, Company has also just appeared...limited availabilty though.

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#2re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 12:17pm

got my tickets for Saturday!

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#3re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 12:22pm

Grr...I'm so mad! I recently moved and I forgot to change my TDF shipping address and it takes 24 hours for my changes to take effect. So now I have to wait until tommorrow to order my ticket. I hope they don't sell out before then. So if your reading this...don't buy a ticket! re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF Please save one for me! re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF

NJgirl
#4re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 12:23pm

You're welcome! I got mine for Sat night as well. Now if only Curtains would show up...lol

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#5re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 1:40pm

Yay! I love TDF! re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF I emailed them and they made the changes to my shipping address immediately so I could buy the ticket! So now I'll be there Saturday night too!

*uses special mind powers to convince producers to offer Curtains tickets on TDF*

NJgirl
#6re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 1:50pm

courtnyj - I'll join in with you...and maybe we can make Curtains appear.
Glad TDF got it worked out for you so you could get your ticket for PQ for Sat! Looks like a few of us are going to be there.

sciguy
#7re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 2:03pm

Sorry I just posted the same info.
Glad so many of you are going Saturday.
Do you ever wear something so you stand out as a Broadway board member?

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#8re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 2:35pm

Someone really should make BWW t-shirts. re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#9re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 4:44pm

Are you able to pick the best seats available for this or is it from a limited selection? I'm not yet a member but maybe it's worth it to sign up.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

yodamarie78 Profile Photo
yodamarie78
#10re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 4:45pm

You have no say in what seats you get on TDF. If you live in New York or visit a lot, see a lot of theatre, and don't care where you sit TDF is wonderful.
Updated On: 2/27/07 at 04:45 PM

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#11re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 4:50pm

for this theater, TDF usually gets the very rear orchestra, which are amazing seats for some reason at the Hilton! Here's hoping we don't get way up in the balcony re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#12re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 5:00pm

Ah OK, cool. Thanks for the info!

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#13re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 5:42pm

I am a member of TDF , but never bought ticket (yet) so how are the seats like on
Saturday Matinee 2 pm like Talk Radio or shows still in previews?? Orchestra seats ??
or any available seats ???
Updated On: 2/27/07 at 05:42 PM

NJgirl
#14re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/27/07 at 6:42pm

Ive had both orch and mezz...just depends on whats alloted to TDF. You really don't know...its a crap shoot.

STWBoxOffice
#15re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/28/07 at 12:12pm

Hey guys, just curious about what everyone is talking about on this thread: If you sign up to become a TDF member, you are allowed to purchase tickets online to shows they have posted? Is this basically cutting out the middle man in a way thus not having to wait on line at the TKTS Booth? It sounds like a great idea if I am getting this correct! Thanx everyone!

craig238
#16re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/28/07 at 12:32pm

That about sums it about. Also the ticket prices are cheaper too !! I saw Little Dog Laughed for $26 and was in 4th row center and then saw Apple Tree for $33 and was in last row of the orchestra.

yodamarie78 Profile Photo
yodamarie78
#17re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/28/07 at 12:49pm

Just don't expect the kind of variety you see at TKTS. You won't see most Broadway shows listed on TDF.

WestVillage Profile Photo
WestVillage
#18re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/28/07 at 12:58pm

STW ... you've got the concept right, but TDF has eligibility requirements; its not open to everybody.

From TDF website:

For an annual fee of $25, which helps TDF administer the discount ticket programs and other services that support theatregoing in New York, you'll get access to deep discounts on the best live shows the city has to offer.

Who's eligible?

Students
Teachers
Union members
Seniors (62 or over)
Civil service employees
Staff members of not-for-profit organizations
Performing arts professionals
Members of the armed forces
Clergy

lawyerman Profile Photo
lawyerman
#19re: Pirate Queen Fri and Sat previews on TDF
Posted: 2/28/07 at 5:41pm

TDF is fantastic.
Not a ton of Bway shows, and very few audience favorites, but still well worth it- the only downside is that you have NO control over where you sit.

That said, Ive sat in the orchestra almost every time Ive seen a show thru TDF- never front and center, but still decent seats, and next to people paying $100+ for seats that I paid $33 for.

I can tell you- if this helps- that the Talk Radio TDF tickets were in Row B of the Mezz, the Producers were Row K of the Orchestra and Spring Awakening was the last row of the front section of the mezz- all the way to the side.

you just never know.