pixeltracker

'Grease' Car Makes a Pit Stop - nytimes.com

'Grease' Car Makes a Pit Stop - nytimes.com

slimandslam Profile Photo
slimandslam
#1'Grease' Car Makes a Pit Stop - nytimes.com
Posted: 2/27/07 at 1:07pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/l.cfm?id=152530

This is both scary and funny. I hope that the actors recover well.

That said... I love the description of the car: "made up of the chassis of a red-and-white convertible and the engine of a golf cart." Sounds like the dream car for many of my Florida neighbors.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: 'Grease' Car Makes a Pit Stop - nytimes.com
Posted: 2/27/07 at 1:16pm

Oh my goodness!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#2re: 'Grease' Car Makes a Pit Stop - nytimes.com
Posted: 2/27/07 at 1:19pm

Thats funny, but scary.

Glad there not really injured.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#3re: 'Grease' Car Makes a Pit Stop - nytimes.com
Posted: 2/27/07 at 1:44pm

How are a concussion and a (possibly) broken arm not injuries?

slimandslam Profile Photo
slimandslam
#4re: 'Grease' Car Makes a Pit Stop - nytimes.com
Posted: 2/27/07 at 3:04pm

courtnyj: I think maybe ClumsyDude misread the article. The actors were injured, but no one in the orchestra was. This is a good thing. I imagine that falling into the orchestra pit is probably going to be harmful (and was), but being in an orchestra pit and having a car fall on you would have been even worse.

Studmuffn520
#5re: 'Grease' Car Makes a Pit Stop - nytimes.com
Posted: 2/27/07 at 4:11pm

omg thats so scary, and theres like nothing you could do either. youre in the pit playing and a car falls from the sky. jeez, i hope everyone injured recovers soon.

BwayTheatre11
#6re: 'Grease' Car Makes a Pit Stop - nytimes.com
Posted: 2/27/07 at 4:37pm

We are currently using a real 1990 Camry in our production The Full Monty (the designer swayed away from the cartoonish look that productions usually use). I always think about what would happen if it did keep on rolling downstage into the pit. It rolls from its upstage position downstage staight torwards the pit. A very strong rope keeps it from going too far.

CCM '10!

#7re: 'Grease' Car Makes a Pit Stop - nytimes.com
Posted: 2/27/07 at 9:07pm

why can't I stop laughing?is it the combo dream of my distaste for grease and american idol all rolled into one?
help me

Videos