pixeltracker

Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!- Page 5

Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!

neddyfrank2
#100re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 11:32pm

Wanna Be A Foster - Just because Mr. Hensley wasn't great at comedy in that one role, doesn't mean he will be terrible in every comedy role he does. Please, see his performance before you pass a judgement. He's my first and only choice to play the part and I'm more excited to see him in the show than Mullally or Foster.

Oh shut the hell up, your opinion doesn't even matter of who was cast.

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#101re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 11:40pm

"Oh shut the hell up, your opinion doesn't even matter of who was cast."

reer fsst!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#102re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 12:07am

Why are people assuming Raul passed on the show?
The article says he did audition, so obviously he was interested and then it says Mel wanted another actor, and since they are still looking it seems they didn't want him.
That's just how i read it.
I agree about Hensley in TRAILER PARK, (he was unfunny) but the Monster may be the kind of role he can pull off.
I still think Jan Maxwell would be great if Martin's show is picked up.

PhantomMag234
#103re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 12:50am

I for one am hoping that Inga will get a "Roll in the Hay" song cause remeber that little bit in the movie. I wonder if Sutton can do a Swedish accent?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#104re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 1:02am

Sutton can do pretty much do anything.
She will rock.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#105re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 1:13am

Why are people assuming Raul passed on the show?

Why are you assuming we're assuming? =P

I know someone who has a friend invovled with the show (I know, I know, grapevine talks) and I heard Raúl turned it down; other people have been saying the same thing, so it's not really an assumption. No, the article doesn't say he turned it down, so you can call anything that's not in the article an assumption if you'd like, but for someone so hell-bent on his own inside sources, that seems a bit hypocritical. re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein! Because the article says he did audition, I read it that he was offered the part after an audition and then turned it down due to scheduling. I dunno the details, but the way I heard it, he turned it down. You could read it either way, I guess. It's totally possible that Stroman wanted him and Brooks wanted a bigger star.

I'm just busting your chops, but people do know things that are unpublished, y'know.

I really need to see the movie, but I think Jan Maxwell is divine and could do absolutely anything. Not only could she do anything, but she could make anything fantastic.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

cooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
#106re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 4:03pm

Just a quick update..I'm just listening to an interview with Kristin Chenoweth on Seth Rudetksy's 'Studio A Cararet' show on Sirius Satellite radio..and Kristin just comfirmed that she is indeed not doing 'Young Frankenstein' and that Megan IS.

-Politics is like driving. To go backward, put it in R. To go forward, put it in D.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#107re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 4:21pm

"I wonder if Sutton can do a Swedish accent?"

double take

Since when has Inga been Swedish?

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#108re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 4:25pm

The main thing to hope for is that lightning strikes twice. The Producers was probably one of the luckiest hits ever. And the odds of multiple successes on Broadway are even tougher than in the movies. Brook's hit versus flop status in Hollywood is a very mixed bag.

I assume that he's getting the best in the business on the production side, and will listen closely to Broadway experts as they paste this together.

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#109re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 4:26pm

Great cast! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Pre-Broadway Chicago run...

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

PhantomMag234
#110re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 5:04pm

Sorry I meant to put a Scadinavian accent for Inga.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#111re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 5:22pm

Sweden is part of Scandinavia. Inga is German, or Transylvanian, or something like that. And the accent that Teri Garr used in the film was a broad burlesque of "Hollywood Mittel European."

God, I can be such a persnickety pr...

re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)
Updated On: 3/10/07 at 05:22 PM

NathanLaneStalker
#112re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 5:48pm

neddyfrank2 said - "Oh shut the hell up, your opinion doesn't even matter of who was cast."

And yours does? I was simply saying that I was happy that he got cast and people should not say he's bad at comedy just because he was un-funny in ONE show. So I say this in the nicest possible way I can, go **** yourself. re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Cholly
#113re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 5:43pm

Wait, back up. Several posts back, Allvocal wrote...

"I'm glad Sutton is doing YF but sad she won't be available for SHREK now.. hopefully Christopher will be.. they were both great in it."

Great in what? Did you see a reading of Shrek? If so, spill please. How far along are they? Does Donkey really rap? What was the music like? Who else was in the reading? I know it's probably too early to say much, but even a couple tidbits would be nice. Pleeeeeeease.