pixeltracker

are there drag queens in "THE LIFE"?

are there drag queens in "THE LIFE"?

RustyRocketteBoy Profile Photo
RustyRocketteBoy
#1are there drag queens in "THE LIFE"?
Posted: 3/19/07 at 5:01pm

ive always wondered if they are written into the script.....

anyone know, or seen it done?

Stop worrying if your vision is new. Let others make that decision- They usually do. You keep moving on. Anything you do, Let it come from you. Then it will be new. Give us more to see... ~Sunday In the Park with George

singinsilly Profile Photo
singinsilly
#2re: are there drag queens in 'THE LIFE'?
Posted: 3/19/07 at 5:01pm

I <3 drag queens lol

HSM- it looks like someone took a shit on Footloose.

Kringas
#2re: are there drag queens in 'THE LIFE'?
Posted: 3/19/07 at 5:11pm

There's a small role called Shatellia that's played by a man in drag. I think the only number she's in is "Someday is For Suckers."

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#3re: are there drag queens in 'THE LIFE'?
Posted: 3/19/07 at 5:13pm

You mean in the cast?

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#4re: are there drag queens in 'THE LIFE'?
Posted: 3/19/07 at 5:30pm

Kringas is correct.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

Kavana Profile Photo
Kavana
#5re: are there drag queens in 'THE LIFE'?
Posted: 3/19/07 at 6:30pm

Someday ill be owning me the cutest little dress shop that the town of Tallahassee's ever seen living like a lady in a cottage in the country with my husband and my sewing machine.

LOVES IT!!!!

sidjones09 Profile Photo
sidjones09
#6re: are there drag queens in 'THE LIFE'?
Posted: 3/20/07 at 12:18am

LOL. I saw this on Broadway. I was thinking about the question you asked and saying to myself, ' I don't remember any dragq...'. And then I read Kavana's post, and it all came flooding back to me.

What a great show. I know it's about prostitution, but it has a great score and some really well developed characters in Sonja and Queen. The entire cast was incredible. Chuck Cooper was a force to be reckoned with! And Lillias White was in top form. Sam Harris was incredible too. There was just something in the show to showcase everybody.

I wish more regional theatres would take a risk and do it, but I understand what a hard sell it is.

"If you've got something to say, say it, and think well of yourself while you're learning to say it better." - David Mamet

PersonofInterest Profile Photo
PersonofInterest
#7re: are there drag queens in 'THE LIFE'?
Posted: 3/20/07 at 12:22am

Isn't Shattelia in "my Body" as well? I can't remember for sure, but seems like she is.

God, I loved that show!

sidjones09 Profile Photo
sidjones09
#8re: are there drag queens in 'THE LIFE'?
Posted: 3/20/07 at 12:29am

I don't think so PersonofInterest. I think kringas is right. 'Someday is for Suckers' was it for Shattelia.

Did you see it with Sharon Wilkins? I have never seen a woman of her size at the time (I think she was smaller in All Shook Up) move like she did in this show. Couldn't take my eyes off of her.

"If you've got something to say, say it, and think well of yourself while you're learning to say it better." - David Mamet

PersonofInterest Profile Photo
PersonofInterest
#9re: are there drag queens in 'THE LIFE'?
Posted: 3/20/07 at 12:45am

Yeah, Sharon OWNED that show! She was really remarkable.
I guess it's not the size of the role, it's the size of the tits that counts!