Songs

rentgal589
#1Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 1:56pm

What do you think a good song is for a bat-mitzvah? BAT mitzvah. so no one can suggest "Today You Are a Man" from Wedding Singer. (though it's a funny song.)

Rentgal589 is soon to be under new management.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#2re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 1:58pm

What is this feeling? from Wicked was the first thing that came to mind but I know it is so wrong. Sorry.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

rentgal589
#2re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:00pm

at least u posted something.

Kringas
#3re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:05pm

I'm posting to thank you for the descriptive and informative thread title.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#4re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:06pm

get it.. what is this feeling.. since they are a woman now. Nevermind. I thought it was funny. Must be cause I am on day 8 of working (72hours so far) AND i have a show tonight that starts at 1030 so i have to rush home get ready and go.

but seriously...

Songs for a BAT Mitsvah-- is this going to be a taped song? Or are you going to sing it live? I mean if you sing something live... I love the song by Andrew Lippa from A Little Princess called Live Out Loud.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

rentgal589
#5re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:09pm

the dj would play the song... i wouldnt sing it.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#6re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:10pm

Please,stop posting so many pointless threads.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#7re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:14pm

Sunrise Sunset!

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

singinsilly Profile Photo
singinsilly
#8re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:15pm

A Change in Me from Beauty and The Beast?

HSM- it looks like someone took a shit on Footloose.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#9re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:18pm

Oh wait! Are you asking what song would be good for you to sing at your Bat Mitzvah celebration?

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#10re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:18pm

Stupid Threads are those that people don't post. There is no rule that says you can or cannot post. If you dont like the thread just dont read it. GEEZ!

Hmm now that you said it is a DJ.

I mean there are so many songs. What are you thinking about doing? IS it supposed to be like about her becoming a woman? Or it is supposed to be romantic? What is the reason?

What about something like IF I SHOULD LOSE MY WAY by Linda Eder?That could work perhaps.

ps sunrise sunset is about a wedding. lol not a BAT Mitzvah

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#11re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:21pm

W-O-M-A-N from Smokey Joe's Cafe

rentgal589
#12re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:33pm

defyinggravity gave me a good idea. i should do something fiddler. no, it's supposed to be me becoming a woman, not anything romantic. the theme is broadway. every table will be a different show. there will be rent, dreamgirls, wicked, fiddler, cats and... i forgot the last 1.

rentgal589
#13re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:36pm

defyinggravity: that's a cute quote.

rentgal589
#14re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:39pm

It's actaully not mine. I'm saying that it's mine out of habit because I've been doing so much planning 4 it that it's like mine. But no. It's not my bat mitzvah.

singinsilly Profile Photo
singinsilly
#15re: Songs
Posted: 3/24/07 at 10:03pm

that's a really cute theme!

HSM- it looks like someone took a shit on Footloose.

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#16re: Songs
Posted: 3/25/07 at 12:35am

Hey, rentgal, could ya do me a favor? Could you possibly not triple post and use "u" for "you"?

Thanks!

re: Songs

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

Videos