pixeltracker

The Jersey Boys Tour Thread- Page 43

The Jersey Boys Tour Thread

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#1050john hickman
Posted: 7/2/07 at 12:44pm

Yeah, I meant to mention that Steve Gouveia seemed a lot more energetic this time around. His Nick is still kind of downbeat and used to being passed over, but he had some more energy and lively inflection in his line readings (especially in the sit-down) than I remembered. Part of it is that he's probably the greatest departure from his predecessor, so it took some getting used to for me, but I also think that he was doing things a bit differently and I happened to enjoy the new take.

I was just thinking this morning that seeing Steven Goldsmith really made the show seem fresh for me, not like seeing it for the ::mumble mumble:: time. I hope I can catch him again in the show. :)

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll

mll85
#1051john hickman
Posted: 7/2/07 at 12:49pm

I wouldn't really say Steve's Nick is becoming more like Michael's but I think it has gotten better since the beginning of the SF run. I think his Nick is becoming more natural. The way he delivered some of the lines lines in the beginning of the run seemed forced.

I would have loved to see John Hickman as Gyp, only because he'd be a very young mob boss. Did they age him when they put him in Eddie's track? I've only seen him cover Ryan's track before.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1052Chicago production shot
Posted: 7/2/07 at 12:53pm

Chicago production shot

Here's a new photo which is in the July playbills.

I assume (like the pic on the SMC site) it was actually taken when the 2NT was rehearsing, seeing as both casts were in one place for a short while.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

shesamarshmallow
#1053Chicago production shot
Posted: 7/2/07 at 1:04pm

It was taken on 5/4 when we were in the rush line for the 2NT's first. :) :)
I'm so excited for Michael.
(Yeah. I'm flying back for that.)

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#1054Chicago production shot
Posted: 7/2/07 at 1:05pm

so shallow but Jarrod is adorable!

LizzieCurry
#1055Chicago production shot
Posted: 7/2/07 at 1:15pm

It was taken on 5/4 when we were in the rush line for the 2NT's first. :) :)

Well, that makes sense. :) Some of us front row-ers were speculating if it was a Photoshop job. Chicago production shot

mll85
#1056Chicago production shot
Posted: 7/2/07 at 3:10pm

The Sacramento stop has been added to the official tour site.

I've been wondering this for awhile. With the tour saturating CA with in the next few months, I'm thinking that when the terms of the Las Vegas production were being worked out they were able to get an exclusive deal for the region.

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#1057Sherry Production Shot
Posted: 7/2/07 at 3:11pm

Subscribe now!

Sherry Production Shot

MikeMagbaleta Profile Photo
MikeMagbaleta
#1058Sherry Production Shot
Posted: 7/2/07 at 3:41pm

Cool photos, especially the one in the Playbill with Michael performing as Nick in SF again. Can't wait to purchase tix for the Sacramento performances. The premium tix there sound like a bargain! Lucky we live so close to Sac! Other posts and blogs mentioned the absence of the lift in that theatre. It'll be cool watching them or the stage crew move the props without mechanical assistance unlike at the Curran and Virginia/August Wilson. Will be nice seeing the 1st touring cast again! Now, I have to add Steve onto my 1st cast signed playbill and Michael onto the 2nd cast's as well. Gotta love the biz..... Never a dull moment!

cvrenthead Profile Photo
cvrenthead
#1059Sacto and Gyppy
Posted: 7/2/07 at 7:43pm

"Ok so what we've all known for months has been officially announced. The Jersey Boys Tour is having a stop in Sac."

When I went in mid-June, they already had JB merchandise there. It confused me thoroughly, as it was driving my friend in the box office crazy that she knew from talking to the cast, but couldn't officially say anything to any customers.

I would get tickets now - they're in Sac for such a short amount of time, and they have so many season subscribers that additional tickets are gonna be tough. So bummed I won't be here anymore for that.

"I would have loved to see John Hickman as Gyp, only because he'd be a very young mob boss. Did they age him when they put him in Eddie's track? I've only seen him cover Ryan's track before."

When I saw Miles in this track, they just grayed his temples a little bit, right? Granted, Miles is more similar looks-wise to Joseph than Hickman is to Driscoll. I know Erik Bates did Gyp a few times and heard he worked out pretty well, so I imagine a cool, collected, smooth Gyp could be done very nicely by the 2NT boys.

LizzieCurry
#1060Sacto and Gyppy
Posted: 7/2/07 at 8:21pm

Oy, I really don't care about the rest of the season, so it's single seats for me. Sacto and Gyppy $80 is a relative bargain!

jochang621 Profile Photo
jochang621
#1061Sacto and Gyppy
Posted: 7/2/07 at 8:23pm

Did they age him when they put him in Eddie's track?

Yes, they aged him with patches of graying hair. He played it very well as I stated previously.

mll85
#1062Eric Gutman Blog Update
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:49am

Well subject heading says it all. Quick summary if you can't read the whole thing now. Bring him cupcakes from Yummy cupcakes when you see the show, or have them delivered to the theater. Brown sugar and cinnamon for him and red velvet for Sarah. The cast is obsessed with Sudoku (I know that feeling). Doug will also be going on as Nick 7/17, and to reiterate he is leaving the show after LA. He also mentions the Sac stop.
Ramblers, Let's Get Ramblin' (July 2) Updated On: 7/3/07 at 11:49 AM

LizzieCurry
#1063Eric Gutman Blog Update
Posted: 7/3/07 at 12:58pm

That's great! Oh, the Jersey Boys frat house...I hope there are pictures... Eric Gutman Blog Update

I keep thinking about Sunday night's show. Something about that performance was just so dynamic. Says a lot about Steven Goldsmith, I think. :)

mll85
#1064Eric Gutman Blog Update
Posted: 7/3/07 at 1:18pm

That's great! Oh, the Jersey Boys frat house...I hope there are pictures...

If some are taken, hopefully Taylor will post some on his flicker or we'll find them on cast member's blogs.

In regards to Steven, I wouldn't be suprised if they bump him up to an alternative Frankie or permanant Frankie one day. With the Vegas cast still being formed, the same situation could happen that occured with the Frankies in the Sherry cast. The alternate leaves to become the main Frankie of a new company and the person playing Pesci become the new alternate.

I want to see Coppola go on as Frankie. Sunday was the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen him go on Pesci.

LizzieCurry
#1065etc etc etc
Posted: 7/3/07 at 1:31pm

I actually think I liked Steven more than Jarrod. (That's not a slight against Jarrod, though...) May he follow in Rick Faugno's footsteps!

For me, it was kind of odd seeing Coppola on as anybody, because I talked to him at Cody's but hadn't yet seen him perform.

Jersey Boys is a yule log. etc etc etc I really do wonder who'll be in the Vegas cast that "we" know of. And who'll replace Doug Crawford.

MikeMagbaleta
#1066etc etc etc
Posted: 7/3/07 at 4:02pm

Would they pick someone from the 1st or 2nd Nat'l Touring cast if Christian Hoff decides to leave JB for the starring role in "Pal Joey"?

John Michael Coppola is a cool person, especially when I bumped into him at Cody's and at Starbucks with Jeremy before shows at the Curran always smiling and appreciative of his fans. Only wished I would have the chance to see him perform.

Wonder if they will definitely have another public appearance, but this time in the South Bay..... The JB publicist mentioned it to a lot of fans, but hope it happens soon.

Sacramento..... Nice venue, but hope to be able to see the show without scalpers ruining our chances, since we're dealing with someone other than Ticketmaster.....

MelissaM Profile Photo
MelissaM
#1067etc etc etc
Posted: 7/3/07 at 4:05pm

Lizzie you're dizzy

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#1068etc etc etc
Posted: 7/3/07 at 4:28pm

Mike...Where in South Bay?

Other good venues for this meet and greet events are:

San Francisco Shopping Centre
Tanforan Mall in San Bruno :P
Stanford Mall in Palo Alto
Hillsdale Mall in San Mateo
Santana Row in San Jose

Updated On: 7/3/07 at 04:28 PM

LizzieCurry
#1069etc etc etc
Posted: 7/3/07 at 4:59pm

MelissaM, you're predictable.

MikeMagbaleta
#1070etc etc etc
Posted: 7/3/07 at 6:01pm

She (JB 2nd Tour Publicist) mentioned there would be a public appearance in the South Bay when we were at Cody's Books in Berkeley. The date and venue were still in the planning stages, but she definitely said it would happen.

The venues you mentioned, Antonijan, are perfect for this type of gathering! All of those malls have huge areas where people can line up without disrupting anything and a stage can be set up if they would perform.....

I'll keep checking here and on the JB Blog to see if anyone else has the scoop on a future appearance.

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#1071etc etc etc
Posted: 7/3/07 at 6:18pm

Also the SF Virgin Megastore where they can set-up a stage for a mini-concert! :P

mll85
#1072etc etc etc
Posted: 7/3/07 at 7:09pm

Ok I'm just going to say this, MelissaM we know you love Jarrod. The majority of the comments you've made on this board talk about Jarrod or respond to someone who says they don't like Jarrod. I think Jarrod is a great performer, but the show does not completely stand on his shoulders. And if someone says they think another actor did better then Jarrod, they have a right to their opinion. I'm agreement with Lizzie, I think Steven acted some scenes better the Jarrod on Sunday. But seriously, get off Jarrod's nuts.
Updated On: 7/3/07 at 07:09 PM

mll85
#1073Speaking of bumping into people
Posted: 7/3/07 at 7:32pm

...bumped into him at Cody's and at Starbucks with Jeremy before shows at the Curran...

You can bump into any of the cast members at the Starbucks across from the Curran. It's weird when you bump into them in another part of the city. I never tell these "I saw what's his face at..." stories, but I today I feel like sharing. Today I saw Steve and Jeremy in the Mission district. I was running errands and had an hour to kill while they were changing the oil in my car and checking the breaks. I felt like some ice cream so I stop by Birite Creamery. It's a great ice cream shop on 18th street near Dolores Park, if your ever there give it a try. And Steve was 2 people ahead of me in line. I didn't know it was him until he turned around after paying. Then I look outside and there was Jeremy with his dog, I didn't notice him when I entered the store. I didn't talk to them because I think it's weird to approach actors when their going about their life outside of the theater. That's the end of my story.
Updated On: 7/3/07 at 07:32 PM

LizzieCurry
#1074Speaking of bumping into people
Posted: 7/3/07 at 10:10pm

Two comments.

First: "Ahahahaha!" about something recently said in this thread.

Second: The first issue of the Jersey Boys newsletter is out. Great job, Kathryn! And now I am gnashing my teeth about already having plans tomorrow. Speaking of bumping into people
JB NL