Cabaret's Last Night

Seany Profile Photo
Seany
#0Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 12:16am

Who's gonna be there?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Updated On: 1/4/04 at 12:16 AM

chasing_rainbows43
#1re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 12:21am

Not till this evening.
I'll be there.

tpdc
#2re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 12:27am

I read on another board that Adam Pascal was replaced after the opening number by Vance Avery last night.

Seany Profile Photo
Seany
#3re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 12:30am

Whoa. Really? Do you know why?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.

tpdc
#4re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 12:33am

Apparently some announcement was made about technical difficulties and Susan Egan and Rick Holmes walked off stage and a few minutes later, after an announcement that Vance Avery would now be playing the Emcee, the show continued. No one seems to know why the switch happened. Maybe Pascal was ill. Is Avery still in the show or is he just the standby?

chasing_rainbows43
#5re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 12:38am

He's a swing and plays the banjo and accordion in the band. And he's an amazing Emcee.

PJ
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 12:39am

I wonder what the "technical difficulties" were?

cabarethed
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 1:18am

Adam got injured. Don't know the details, but I believe it was during Mein Herr. Anyway, Vance got an amazing reception from the audience...I bet you they keep Adam out of the matinee tomorrow to ensure he'll be ok for the night. But who knows.

Anyway, yeah, I'll be there at the very last. Just put on my genuine Sally nail polish and everything.

PJ
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 1:20am

Have fun, cabarethed. I would have loved to have been able to see the show once more, but I couldn't make it up to NY. Damn. Atleast I have the memory of Raul and Heather Laws.

chasing_rainbows43
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 10:56am

He probably pulled out his back, I heard he'd been having a lot of back problems and was out for several performances due to that. Hope he's ok though....
Cabarethed - where are you sitting?
~Sarah, at table 305

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 11:01am

On the other board, someone said that Susan and Liz at the stagedoor said he hurt his knee.

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 11:01am

On the other board, someone said that Susan and Liz at the stagedoor said he hurt his knee.

dkellergrl Profile Photo
dkellergrl
#12re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 11:12am

I wish I could go to the closing night, but I'm going to the closing night performance of The Caretaker.

I did attend the Saturday evening performance and I heard about Adam's injury. I hope he's fine for tonight's show.

Last night I had the pleasure of seeing Susan Egan, Adam Pascal, Blair Brown, Tony Roberts, The cast of Cabaret and the incredible Vance Avery perform in the Roundabout Theatre Company's production of Cabaret.

I was amazed at what I witnessed last night. It was one of those terrific experiences that an audience member should ALWAYS have when they go to the theatre.

The production was wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. I'm sad that the musical is closing tonight, but it had a glorious six year run on Broadway. Everyone who was involved in this production should be proud of what they've left thousands upon thousands of audience members. I can see another revival of this musical on Broadway within 30 years.

btw - I just do not understand audience members at times. During the scene in Act 2, when Cliff is trying to convince Sally to leave with him to Paris, this guy's cell phone rang. His wife was mortified and she cuffed him on the head. Another woman was walking back to her seat during this scene as well and she didn't even TRY to not make any noise. Her thick-soled heel shoes were making noise. Another group of audience members were having a conversation that I could hear in the front of the audience. I don't get it. Maybe there should be classes taught for "Theatre Audience Participation: 101".

mamamia sammy Profile Photo
mamamia sammy
#13re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 11:28am

Yes Seany, I will indeed be there. Will you?

It's nice to have you back.

BroadwayWorld: A home for the dangerously unhinged

Bway_Mill_Fan Profile Photo
Bway_Mill_Fan
#14re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 11:36am

i was supposed to go yesterday re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night. but they said it was obstructed view so my friend opted not to take it. how bad are the obstructed view at studio 54? he said we wouldnt see ANYTHING

chasing_rainbows43
#15re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 11:40am

Iv'e sat pretty much everywhere in that theatre and nothing is erally obstructed.

People who are going: PM me or post back with where you're sitting, I'd love to say hi.

Hello Gorgeous
#16re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 12:13pm

Oh damn I wish I could go!!!! Well, whoever's going, have a fun fun time!!

~*Christa*~ "Don't ya wanna be the life of the party?" Idina Menzel, THE WILD PARTY

Dee
#17re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 12:39pm

I was there on Tuesday night and Adam had called out then as well. I don't know what the rest of his week looked like but if he's been calling out then the back story seems to make more sense than the knee story.

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#18re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 1:06pm

Wow...I saw CABARET on Sunday and felly really lucky now that i got to see Adam. That would really suck if he didn't get to perform the last show! Everyone who's going have a great time!

newyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
#19re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 1:27pm

Have fun you guys:) I expect a detailed review tonightre: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night

Bway_Mill_Fan Profile Photo
Bway_Mill_Fan
wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#21re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
Posted: 1/4/04 at 3:15pm

aren't final performances like really hard to get tickets to? I mean for Les Miserables there weren't any tickets to the general public for the last performance.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

Broadwaylilhead Profile Photo
Broadwaylilhead
#22re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 1/4/04 at 3:18pm

Is John Stamos tghe kiss of death for a show.. it seems like anytime he goes into a show it puts up a closing notice. Poor Adam, at least he has Tarzan.

Call it a regime change...

mamamia sammy Profile Photo
mamamia sammy
#23re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 1/4/04 at 3:23pm

I head a rumor that John Stamos might do the tour of 'Wicked'.

BroadwayWorld: A home for the dangerously unhinged

Broadwaylilhead Profile Photo
Broadwaylilhead
#24re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 1/4/04 at 3:30pm

you are the biggest loser

Call it a regime change...

Videos