pixeltracker

Do Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign after matinees?

Do Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign after matinees?

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#1Do Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign after matinees?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 11:30am

Does anyone know if Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign at the stage door after matinees on 2-show days?

Also, of the current Broadway bunch, I've heard that Vanessa Redgrave, Angela Lansbury, Marian Seldes, and Eve Best all don't sign after matinees -- are there others who should be added to that list?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"
Updated On: 5/29/07 at 11:30 AM

fengshuihellnyc
#2re: Do Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign after matinees?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 1:57pm

keep that as a general rule.... almost no one signs after a matinee. if you want an autograph you're gonna have to go to a night show or come back later.

unckristen Profile Photo
unckristen
#2re: Do Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign after matinees?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 2:01pm

I second the general rule of don't expect actors to come out to sign after the matinee.

I can add that I saw Michael Sheen coming out of the stage door when I was there two weekends back after the Saturday matinee. I'm not sure if he signed for anyone -- he seemed to just be going about his business so I didn't want to bother him.

"She sang each word, the angels heard ... They closed her mouth and shipped her south. The woman's done."

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#3re: Do Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign after matinees?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 2:06pm

I wish Liev Schreiber would come out. I want him so badly.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#4re: Do Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign after matinees?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 2:13pm

hahaha

i saw the poor people waiting for him to leave the Longacre Theatre Saturday afternoon in the blazing sun. i was across the street with Little Edie hamming it up. but yes, him coming out would be a nice treat. though it would probably mean we'd lose him off Broadway to do some ABC show or somesuch...

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#5re: Do Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign after matinees?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 3:07pm

When I saw Talk Radio back in February, Liev came out to sign after a Wednesday matinee. He took a looooong time though (I think he was doing an interview, but I am not positive about that), he was probably close to an hour, but he signed and stayed and chatted with the few of us who waited.

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#6re: Do Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign after matinees?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 3:10pm

Now we just have to get Pablo and Liev in a show where they both get naked...and THEN see if they'll sign.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#7re: Do Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign after matinees?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 6:03pm

Thanks, everyone! It sounds like there is at least the possibility that Liev Schreiber and Michael Sheen will come out after the matinee. I have to see either one or the other show at the matinee in order to fit everything in, but it sounds like either one might work out.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Yankeefan007
#8re: Do Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign after matinees?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 6:35pm

Schrieber - Yes
Langella/Sheen/Lansbury - hit or miss
Seldes - no, but you can catch her before the show
Redgrave - no

being.jeremiah
#9re: Do Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign after matinees?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 7:23pm

When Julia Roberts did Three Days of Rain, I think she was expected to do stage door matinees [and nights].

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#10re: Do Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign after matinees?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 11:51pm

Julia Roberts boxed herself in a corner a little bit by only signing for people who had a ticket for that particular performance. While an effective method of crowd control, it did kind of make it difficult for her to skip the stage door at all.