Tony Parties

zwielight Profile Photo
zwielight
#1Tony Parties
Posted: 6/3/07 at 10:11am

I just moved to Pittsburgh two weeks ago and have no friends up here. Do you have any tips on finding Tony parties or bars that might be showing the Tonys? Or do you know of anything around here? It's so much more fun with good company... I also posted on the PA message board, but it doesn't look like that one is very active. Thanks for the tips.

And at times I think I would gladly die For a day of sky

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#2re: Tony Parties
Posted: 6/3/07 at 10:22am

I live in NY and I can't even think of many bars that would show the Tony Awards. I doubt there are any open invite Tony Parties in Pittsburgh.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#2re: Tony Parties
Posted: 6/3/07 at 11:18am

Well, I'm hosting my own Tony Party and I hope you're not too offended if I don't invite you. Welcome to Pittsburgh, though! Sadly, there aren't many Tony parties/bars that show the awards in Pittsburgh. You might try 5801 in Shadyside. They're a video lounge. Good luck!!

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#4re: Tony Parties
Posted: 6/7/07 at 2:09pm

I stand corrected. re: Tony Parties

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Capt_Fluellen Profile Photo
Capt_Fluellen
#5re: Tony Parties
Posted: 6/7/07 at 2:13pm

As my best friend is fond of saying:

"It's all good."

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#6re: Tony Parties
Posted: 6/7/07 at 2:15pm

I'd invite you to mine, but you might be a creeper.

And there's only gonna be about 4 people there anyways.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#7re: Tony Parties
Posted: 6/7/07 at 3:02pm

zwielight--If I lived in Pittsburgh, i would gladly invite you to a viewing party at my house!

zwielight Profile Photo
zwielight
#8re: Tony Parties
Posted: 6/7/07 at 4:54pm

Thanks for all the help -- I do think saying things like "I *would* invite you to mine, but..." is quite unhelpful. I would be just as cautious in accepting an invitation to your private party as you would be in inviting me.

Thanks to those who were genuinely helpful in their answers.

And at times I think I would gladly die For a day of sky

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#9re: Tony Parties
Posted: 6/7/07 at 5:18pm

Eh, just screwin' with ya.

Let us know if you find something though, I'd be interested in going to a big party one year.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

MOXIEINTHECITY
#10re: Tony Parties
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:32am

Village Pourhouse on 11th and 3rd is having a party. I think it's $10 to get in.

On Sunday June 10th at 7pm, The Village Pourhouse turns its attention to the 61st Annual Tony Awards. Walk the red carpet, as our Tony night coverage begins with a live web cast straight from The Village Pourhouse!! $10 cover per person in advance includes complimentary popcorn, a ballot, a discounted menu with Broadway themed food and discounted Tony Specialty cocktails on 13 flat screen TV?s. Call to make your reservation today and get a table reserved for you and your friends. $15 cover at the door. Pick which shows you think will win the evening?s awards for a chance to win prizes as fabulous as a bartab at The Village Pourhouse!
To make your table reservation, please contact Jordana at 212.228.4200 x8001 or at Jordana@yourpartyplanning.com
http://www.etix.com/ticket/servlet/onlineSale?action=selectPerformance&performance_id=590986

Village Pourhouse.64 3rd Ave.New York, New York.10003

SweetQintheLights
#11re: Tony Parties
Posted: 6/9/07 at 1:16am

Didn't really want to make a new thread but when do the BWWers start putting in their predictions?

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178
Updated On: 6/9/07 at 01:16 AM

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#12re: Tony Parties
Posted: 6/9/07 at 2:53am

we already have......we've been predicting for weeks....

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

SweetQintheLights
#13re: Tony Parties
Posted: 6/9/07 at 2:56am

Is there a specific thread for the predictions or are they just generally spread across the many Tony threads?

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

mrs felciano
#14re: Tony Parties
Posted: 6/9/07 at 6:11am

It's a thread called "Final Tony Predictions"

Videos