News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Capt_Fluellen

Capt_Fluellen Profile Photo
Member Name: Capt_Fluellen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Does Christopher Walken sign/talk at the stage door?
 Apr 1 2010, 11:47:38 AM
I wonder if he'd sign my cowbell.
Possible Altar Boyz Movie
 Dec 18 2009, 01:43:58 PM
According to Playbill, Tony-winning Avenue Q librettist Jeff Whitty is in talks to pen the screenplay for the film adaptation of the Off-Broadway musical comedy Altar Boyz, which ends its lengthy run at New World Stages Jan. 10, 2010.

Whitty would adapt the script with the show's creators. Some new music will also be penned for the movie musical, which is scheduled to begin pre-production in the spring.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/135405-Altar-Boyz-Is-Heading-to-the-Silver-Screen

-- Hope this happens, but I'm telling the producers right now: no Tyler Maynard as Mark, I'm not going when it opens.

re: Anyone in Washington, DC Area: Free Ticket to West Side Story at Wolftrap on Thursday, August 30
 Aug 20 2007, 09:49:07 AM
Wow, that was fast. Sorry, but someone has already asked for the ticket.
Anyone in Washington, DC Area: Free Ticket to West Side Story at Wolftrap on Thursday, August 30
 Aug 20 2007, 09:37:20 AM
Yeah, I know it probably would be better to post this on the Washington, DC Board, but it doesn't seem to get that much activity and I don't want the ticket to go to waste.

So, I have a ticket to West Side Story at the Filene Center at Wolftrap that I can no longer use. It is for Thursday, August 30th at 8 PM. Great seat - Front Orchestra, Row G, Seat 26.

If anyone is interested, they can have it for free. Just PM me and let me know. I'm not in the DC area, so I'll have to

re: Rent playbill 8/10
 Aug 20 2007, 09:24:08 AM
Merle was excellent as Joanne. Good actor. Great voice. Too bad the girl playing Maureen isn't strong enough to play opposite her. She leaves alot to be desired.
re: Reidel: Money Rolls for Purple (advance ticket sales near $10 million)
 Jun 22 2007, 01:45:35 PM
"The organizors of the event, however, didn't want to take the chance of her being late because of traffic or some other uncontrollable circumstance..."

They were worried about traffic??? Really??? The Broadway Theatre is on Broadway between 52nd and 53rd. Radio City is on 6th Avenue between 50th and 51st. Total walking time for Fantasia to get between the two buildings = 5 minutes. It's not like she had to come in from Jersey and they was a potential for a tie-up at the tunn

re: Tony Parties
 Jun 7 2007, 02:13:24 PM
As my best friend is fond of saying:

"It's all good."

re: Oliver!: Good show or bad show?
 May 23 2007, 02:28:28 PM
Priest - what you said about the character 'Fagin' is absolutely correct. One of the great male musical theatre roles of all time.

And by the way, Jim Dale was perfect as Fagin in the London revival.

Great Role + Great Performance = Great Show

re: TKTS
 Nov 2 2006, 03:32:58 PM
The window on the extreme left is for plays. It is located near the exit for all the windows. Just tell the guard standing there that you want the play window and he/she will let you through. He/she might ask you which play you want to see. I've done this three times now (Jay Johnson, which is a GREAT SHOW by the way, Shining City and Lieutenant of Inishmore) and there were only two or three people in front of me each time. The first time I went, I asked the guard near the entrance and he t
re: JLY contract extension
 Sep 27 2006, 02:33:35 PM
I spoke to one of the "Boys" this past weekend (I prefer not to say which one.) When I told him this was the second time I was seeing the show and still hadn't caught all four principals performing together, he said "that's alright, none of us is going anywhere anytime soon."
re: If you could have been there in the past, what performers/performances
 Aug 17 2006, 07:37:15 PM
Jane Lapotaire in "Piaf." I play the clip of her singing La Vie en Rose on "Broadway's Lost Treasures II" all the time.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You