pixeltracker

Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?- Page 4

Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#75re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 7:33pm

"I" don't want anyone to!
Updated On: 6/24/07 at 07:33 PM

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#76re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 7:42pm

Cyndi Lauper.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#77re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 10:53am

"If they don't get Mindy Cohn, they should just close the show."

I nearly peed myself.

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#78re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 10:57am

I do believe B3TA07 is onto something.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#79re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:17am

I can't see Cyndi Lauper as Big Edie in Act 1. Her voice just doesn't seem right. (Isn't she also kind of short for the roles?)
Honestly, I think it'll close when Ebersole leaves, but I still say if anyone could succeed her, it'd be Florence Henderson. (Did you go to her concert at Joe's or read the reviews?)

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#80re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:19am

Isn't Florence Henderson kind of old?

Anyway, height shouldn't really be a factor. If we're going to start to put those kinds of parameters on roles when it doesn't really matter for the character, casting is going to be very difficult across the board.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

adoannie Profile Photo
adoannie
#81re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:25am

NO ONE! Christine will be the only Eddie! The show will close after she leaves...seriously there is no one that could replace her. I heard she only missed 6 shows since the un began! And one of them was to perform at the Kennedy Center!

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#82re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:29am

Eddie?

Florence Henderson? Maybe replacing Mary Louise Wilson but you can't be serious about her replacing Ebersole - Carol Brady is a great grandmother now, dear.

Actually, I think Lauper is an interesting idea - whether or not she would sell tickets to the show I don't know, but her stage presence is magnetic.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#83re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:29am

Christine really makes that role her own; it's very hard to picture Grey Gardens without Ebersole but I believe Victoria Clark is an excellent choice. Very very classy and elegant.

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#84re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:36am

As I said, I don't think the show will stay open once Ebersole leaves.
That said-Florence Henderson looks terrific. I think she'd be pretty decent. (She really doesn't look that old. Amazing!)

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.
Updated On: 6/21/07 at 11:36 AM

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#85re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:39am

She's that much older than Ebersole.

And no, it's not. Ask Tyne Daly, Angela Lansbury, Ethel Merman, and Bernadette Peters.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#86re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:39am

She's 73. Roughly 20 years older than Ebersole.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001341/

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#87re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:42am

Henderson is exactly nineteen years and one week older than Ebersole. That's a little...well...Ms. Henderson, at 73, is alas too old to play Ebersole's track.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#88re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:42am

If height should be a factor in casting, I'm going to be in serious trouble one day.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#89re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:52am

"I do believe B3TA07 is onto something."

I agree. After I got over the initial "Huh?" factor I started to think that Cyndi Lauper would be a good prospect. I've always thought that she is capable of anything she wants to do.

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#90re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 12:06pm

How about Jefferson Mayes? He was at the show recently...

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#91re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 12:09pm

I think Cyndi Lauper's voice is wrong for songs like "Will You?" and she doesn't have the 1940s look down for Big Edie.

Beth Leavel could do it, but she's not a big enough name.

Sticking to my guns that no one will succeed her.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#92re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 12:11pm

You're worried about looks so you go for Beth Leavel?

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#93re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 12:14pm

Then Edie McClurg. Duh.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#94re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 12:16pm

The 1940's look? Oh yeah, like Beth Leavel looks like a 1920s drag queen in real life.

It's called makeup. Wigs. Costumes.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#95re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 12:18pm

I love you, Calvin.

Hey, what about Brett Somers? Did you see her show last year? She looks fantastic.

Updated On: 6/21/07 at 12:18 PM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#96re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 12:24pm

ROSIE!!!!

....but the world goes 'round

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#97re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 12:28pm

See, I now have a version of "Revolutionary Costume" -- pitched up an octave and with a strong Minnesota accent -- stuck in my head.

gypsiedtokill Profile Photo
gypsiedtokill
#98re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 4:32pm

Rosie!... oh god that left a bad taste in my mouth.

I can't talk now. I gotta go get my wallet out of the toaster.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#99re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/21/07 at 4:38pm

Actually, Cyndi, could be great. Though, does she have the range for it? If she does, it'd be great to see her in it.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Videos