Broadway Barks?

Sonia&Vernon Profile Photo
Sonia&Vernon
#1Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 11:22pm

Does anyone know when Broadway Barks with Mary Tyler Moore and Bernadette Peters will be this year (or if they're even going to have it)? It was at the beginning of July last year, but I haven't heard anything about this year's event.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#2re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 11:26pm

Woof.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 11:34pm

I'm interested to know as well. There is nothing listed on their website (http://www.broadwaybarks.com) but I'm sure (I hope) a press release will come out soon about a date for the event this year.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

mrs felciano
#3re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 11:34pm

I bought one of the autographed shirts at Curtains the other night and I am pretty sure they said it was July 14th.

cruel2bekind Profile Photo
cruel2bekind
#4re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 11:46pm

Broadway Barks is way better than Broadway Bares.

rosekwbp Profile Photo
rosekwbp
#5re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 11:51pm

Broadway Barks is wonderful and is def July 14th this year unless it rains and they usually announce a rain date. It's usually the second Saturday in July.

misschung
#6re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 12:20am

Where is it?

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

Wanna Be A Foster
#7re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 12:20am

re: Broadway Barks?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

rosekwbp Profile Photo
rosekwbp
#8re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 12:27am

Shubert Alley

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#9re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:23am

Yay! It's a Saturday and I don't have to work. Definitely going. Is there a website for this?

ETA: http://www.broadwaybarks.com/

ETA#2: I totally missed the link above. I am really tired.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 6/19/07 at 09:23 AM

millie_dillmount
#10re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:32am

I also got this information from the website. Dunno if it is old:

"Bernadette Peters will be appearing on Live With Regis & Kelly on Friday, July 7th, from 9 - 10 a.m., on ABC-TV, as well as across the country with several animals who will be available for adoption at Broadway Barks on Saturday, July 8th."

How early should I get there to get seats close to the stage?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#11re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:37am

July 8th is a Sunday, not a Saturday.

millie_dillmount
#12re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:39am

Okay, so that may have been last year's date, because last year the 8th was a Saturday.

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#13re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:41am

So that Regis & Kelly was last summer, too?

millie_dillmount
#14re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:46am

Yeah.

Wanna Be A Foster
#15re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:49am

How early should I get there to get seats close to the stage?

There are no seats. It's all standing. Get there like an hour before. There are tables set up from all of the adoption organizations and doggies all over the place showing off. It's a lot of fun. You'll be able to see from where ever you end up.

-Kad

millie_dillmount
#16re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:52am

Yes, I meant to say "get a good standing spot." Ahhh...mornings. What time is this event usually?

Stagedoor2
#17re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 11:56am

I'm not sure what time the animal shelters arrive, but the part with the broadway presenters is in between matinees -- around 5pm or so? Does that sound right? It's very fun. Last year I had to keep reminding myself that I couldn't take one of the dogs across states lines. I'm well aware that I could have, but that was my only defense against the cuteness of the pups. That and the pooch at home would NOT welcome an addition to the family.

millie_dillmount
#18re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 8:27pm

That late? I thought it was a morning event before shows. Oh well, I'll go anyway.

Anyways, I emailed a guy from the Broadway Barks website and he said they'll be making an announcement sometime this week about date, time, and presenters.

misschung
#19re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 8:57pm

This is probably a stupid question, but do you know beforehand who is attending? And to anyone who has gone before, are you able to meet any of the stars, or is there lots of red tape?

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#20re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:33pm

misschung-you can meet many of the stars. It's a lot easier than the Stars in the Alley, IMO.

It's not really the best place for an autograph session, but the stars are more accessible.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

misschung
#21re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:37pm

Thanks for the info. I am so into these animal kinds of things and I have never been, so I might try to go. Do you have to pay, or get tickets or anything? the date is still not certain, right?

rosekwbp Profile Photo
rosekwbp
#22re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:41pm

You don't have to pay or get tickets you just go. The date is pretty certain unless it rains.

misschung
#23re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:43pm

so its def July 8?

azeller Profile Photo
azeller
#24re: Broadway Barks?
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:49pm

No, its July 14th

"Let's admit one thing right upfront: With the possible exception of Bernadette Peters, not everyone stays young and cute forever." (NYPost 2/2/05)

Videos