pixeltracker

Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening- Page 5

Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening

elphaba.scares.me Profile Photo
elphaba.scares.me
#100re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 7/4/07 at 7:53pm

Bebe doesn't sing "Dance ten, looks three". Val does. Bebe sings "At the Ballet", which is not at all scandalous or suggestive.

I agree with those who say swinging a Broadway show is hard...not only do you have to learn all the roles and be versatile, but you also have to have the kind of ego that allows you to sit in the background while others shine in roles you know how to do. That ain't too common among talented performers...which is why a good swing is hard to find.

Updated On: 7/4/07 at 07:53 PM

NHActorGuy
#101re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 7/5/07 at 1:12pm

Looking for suggestions on sections and input for a new Spring Awakening forum I just opened.

Any input would be appreciated.

Forum

rockstarland2
#102re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 7/5/07 at 5:15pm

"I am also a friend of alexandras and people trust me, she is even better than lea michele and her style fits this show perfectly."

That's what people said about Kenita & LaChanze. And we all know how that turned out ...

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#103re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 7/5/07 at 5:18pm

"That's what people said about Kenita & LaChanze. And we all know how that turned out ..."

The difference is Kenita was actually in the show and had gone on.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#104re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 7/5/07 at 9:03pm

can we not judge a poor girl before she even starts rehearsals?? She is a young girl.. get a grip.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#105re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 7/6/07 at 12:49am

Such a sweetheart last night. She was encouraging all of her SA fans to go to ACL. She also said that she started rehearsals and yesterday was the first day she could walk up the stairs by herself. I wish her the best!

onbroadwaynow Profile Photo
onbroadwaynow
#106re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 7/6/07 at 10:35pm

the hype with kenita replacing lachanze is completely different than what is happening now with spring awakening. and yeah, can we not judge people until you have seen what they can do? if you go into the show with an open mind then who knows, maybe you will like her. but until you have seen alexandra, please, dont say stuff like that.

ps. kenita is doing just fine with her career dont you think...

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#107re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 7/6/07 at 10:38pm

If we've seen a video of her singing, we're aloud to comment on that. And by your logic of waiting to see her before we judge, you can't rightfully say that she's going to be better than Lea.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#108re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 7/6/07 at 10:39pm

To get back to the original post.

Wow.

Who???

Don't care.

onbroadwaynow Profile Photo
onbroadwaynow
#109re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 7/6/07 at 10:50pm

antiandrew i didnt mean to sound like i was angry or anything, im sorry? i have heard/seen her sing a bunch of stuff from spring awakening and i have seen the show with lea, i think that counts for more than clips on youtube. sorry, just how i feel.

i have been around this business for quite some time, i think i would know

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#110re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 8/5/07 at 8:08pm

I heard Krysta is friggin' awesome in A Chorus Line!! Reviews anyone?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#111re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 8/5/07 at 8:12pm

I heard she has been doing very well Theres quite a few reviews of the new ACL cast on the board.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#112re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 8/5/07 at 8:13pm

She's got great legs too!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#113re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 8/21/07 at 1:01pm

I just saw Krysta in A Chorus Line and she was fantastic! She was able to bring both the youth and maturity that is needed for the role... easily one of my favorite replacements in ACL!

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how old she is?

picturetaker9211 Profile Photo
picturetaker9211
#114re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
Posted: 8/21/07 at 1:09pm

I'm pretty sure she's 23 years old.

"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, take the moment & making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
-Gilda Radner