News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for picturetaker9211

picturetaker9211 Profile Photo
Member Name: picturetaker9211
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://twitter.com/angelaaa92
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Apr 23 2018, 12:03:27 PM

Got seats for May 5th 2019, balcony row B, $170. Definitely more than I would have liked to have paid, but it's over a year from now so that helped calm my buyer's remorse.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Apr 23 2018, 11:05:56 AM

Didn't have any trouble either. Currently 31k in  

Jason Mraz to Make Broadway Debut in WAITRESS  Sep 28 2017, 12:11:05 AM

Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised, but imagining Jason Mraz playing a doctor brings to mind an image of a naive child playing doctor in like an oversized lab coat. Love his singing and his music, but I’m iinterested on how the acting will go.

Falsettos  Jul 12 2017, 10:56:36 PM

So glad that I got to see the production a second time thanks to this screening. I feel like being able to see everybody's expressions up close made all the performances that much better, especially Christian & Andrew for me personally. The entire cast together worked so well together, & I adored it. 

Falsettos  Jul 12 2017, 03:03:55 PM

Seeing it tomorrow with my sister who knows nothing about the show. I was lucky enough to see it in December, but the seats were at the end of the row on stage left so I do feel like I missed some action. Excited to see everything with a much better view!

Ben Platt Vacation  Jul 11 2017, 12:55:07 AM

When he was on the Ronna & Beverly podcast he mentioned that he gets Yom Kipppur off per his contract. Looks like it will be on September 29 & 30 this year. 

92nd Street Y at Kaufmann Concert Hall  Apr 12 2017, 10:25:41 PM

I was wondering if anybody knew what the protocol is for talks hosted by 92nd Street Y at the Kaufmann Concert Hall. I have a ticket to see Ben Platt & Michael Greif on Sunday at 7:30pm. The website says to arrive 30 minutes before the event. I'm guessing there's going to be quite a few people there, so I imagine I'll show up much earlier. I wanted to see if anybody knew how it worked there, especially since this particular event doesn't have designated seating. Do people

Dear Evan Hansen Cast Album  Feb 3 2017, 06:08:42 PM

The album is also streaming on Spotify!

Falsettos revival cast album  Dec 16 2016, 12:26:56 AM

It really does sound amazing!! I saw the show a couple of weeks ago & couldn't wait for the recording to come out. Everybody sounds great, & this does the live performance justice. I will definitely have this on repeat for the next few weeks!!

FALSETTOS 2016  Sep 14 2016, 11:29:33 PM

As someone who only bought tickets because they were cheap (thanks Linctix!) & to see Christian Borle & Andrew Rannells live, those videos are making me so much more excited to see the show in December! I've already watch both multiple times, & cannot wait!!

SHE LOVES ME closes this afternoon - remembering its three Broadway bows through pictures  Sep 11 2016, 11:56:10 PM

Just remembered that the 2016 cast recording in now on Spotify! I already had purchased the album on iTunes, but it's much more convenient to have it with the rest of my music on Spotify! I will probably never stop listening to my "musicals" playlist on the regular. 

Javier Muñoz Love Thread  Jul 11 2016, 10:50:47 PM

A great profile of him in The New York Times! I'm really hoping to see him next year since I've heard nothing but praise about him & his performances. I have tickets for a Sunday matinee in January, so here's to hoping!

Christopher Fitzgerald stage door?  Jul 10 2016, 09:19:54 PM

I saw the show on a Sunday in the middle of May, & he came out along with the rest of the cast. The only exception was Jessie who had to catch a flight after the show.

She Loves Me streaming  Jun 30 2016, 10:53:10 PM

Very impressed by the production as well as Broadway HD! I had the same issues that everybody was having before the show started. Once the show started, the video was good quality, & I didn't have any buffering issues at all. I'll definitely be watching the show at least once more with friends & family to get my money's worth, but it was also a great show!!

Who's Ready For More Cristin Milioti Articles?  Sep 24 2013, 07:51:13 PM
I'm not that familiar with Cristin, but she was great last night. My only thing with her is that she looks like she could be Lily's little sister! Obviously not her fault? but for some reason this has been slightly bothering me since she was revealed as the mother. Otherwise, she's great, & can't wait to see more of her on the show!
How I Met Your Mother big reveal...  May 15 2013, 01:45:43 PM
More spoiler stuff on the format of season 9
SMASH  Feb 17 2012, 07:29:54 PM
Interesting...
SMASH  Feb 15 2012, 12:20:45 AM
Namo, you're right. It just rubbed me the wrong way I guess.
SMASH  Feb 14 2012, 11:52:31 PM
I watched the first episode, & I liked it. I like the whole creation of a musical thing. I love a NYC show, now matter how glamorized it is. I could see that they were setting up all the story lines without being too overwhelming & awkward. I enjoyed Julia & Tom together. I like Christian Borle a lot, as the fun/nicer part of the pair. I liked seeing both the girls' respective journeys & all the characters in general.

This second episode fell flat for me. In terms of who I was rooting for in the first episode, I didn't have a clear favorite. They both seemed great & deserved the role for different reasons. In this second episode, I was so annoyed & underwhelmed with Karen/McPhee's acting that I just wanted Ivy to get it. Ivy was trying too hard, but at least it showed that she cared. McPhee was so stiff and blah, seriously boring. She was so emotionless for me.

About the adoption, couldn't the parents go local & adopt a baby like from NYC? I don't know anything about adoption, but that might've been faster? Does the Chinese part really matter? I didn't care for the Julia-Leo conversation. The kid looked like he was in high school, so if he were going to go to college, he wouldn't see this sister a lot of the time anyways, unless he was going to school in the city. I don't see a lot of high school boys caring about their future siblings, but I guess most of them haven't been anticipating any, especially at that age. It was sweet, but a bit cheesy & kinda awkward for me.

Don't care for the Ellis character. He's pretty irritating, in a way that I can't really explain. Like good for you, you thought of an idea for a Marilyn musical. Too bad you aren't good at anything else. I'm probably being too harsh. But, I never really thought of the idea of him suing Julia & Tom & being able to collect loads of money from them. I don't think he's that cute either.

I don't understand the money/fighting between Eileen & her husband, so I don't care about it much.

For me, the music is good, but nothing that gets me wanting much more or like looking online to listen to the song again. McPhee's voice is good, but nothing amazing. I like Megan's voice much more.

Hopefully the next episode is better for me. Not gonna lie, I'm excited to see Nick Jonas on the show! I've been a fan of the Jonas Brothers since high school...don't judge me...too much

Samantha Barks to Play Eponine in LES MIS Film  Feb 1 2012, 04:31:19 PM
I don't know if this will change opinions or not, but here's a song that Amanda sang in for Dear John...

I never saw Mamma Mia (don't care for the story line or music really), but hopefully Amanda will exceed expectations.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You