pixeltracker

how is the rear mezzanine at beauty & the beast?

how is the rear mezzanine at beauty & the beast?

clarion86
#1how is the rear mezzanine at beauty & the beast?
Posted: 7/1/07 at 6:10pm

ok, nyc here i come. next weekend to be exact.

i want to see beauty before it closes, so the question is, there are $48.55 seats available for sat night in the last row of the rear mezz on the far left.

their location sound HORRIBLE (but the price sounds oh so right), so i'm wondering how bad those seats are? anyone sat up there?

i just don't know how i can bring myself to pony up $123.55 for the last row of the orchestra.....

singingperformer
#2re: how is the rear mezzanine at beauty & the beast?
Posted: 7/1/07 at 7:22pm

Sorry, but in the Lunt-Fontaine, mezzanine seating is not very good. Orchestra is a much better way to see the show.

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#2re: how is the rear mezzanine at beauty & the beast?
Posted: 7/1/07 at 10:14pm

When you're seat is higher than the lighting in the theater then you know it's not a worth it. I did it once thinking it's a cheap way to see the show and I couldn't sit up there. It was too high for me so when I complained about my fear of heights the gladly moved me to an empty orchestra seat.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#3re: how is the rear mezzanine at beauty & the beast?
Posted: 7/1/07 at 11:55pm

It was too high for me so when I complained about my fear of heights the gladly moved me to an empty orchestra seat.

I'll have to keep that in mind. re: how is the rear mezzanine at beauty & the beast?

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

zooxanthellae Profile Photo
zooxanthellae
#4re: how is the rear mezzanine at beauty & the beast?
Posted: 7/2/07 at 12:22am

My friend recently sat in the rear mezz. for beauty and was disappointed at not being able to see much of anything... so I'd say it's not worth sitting back there

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#5re: how is the rear mezzanine at beauty & the beast?
Posted: 7/2/07 at 12:24am

I did that at Mary Poppins and moved from the balcony to the orchestra.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6re: how is the rear mezzanine at beauty & the beast?
Posted: 7/2/07 at 5:40am

"Sorry, but in the Lunt-Fontaine, mezzanine seating is not very good."

"My friend recently sat in the rear mezz. for beauty and was disappointed at not being able to see much of anything."

"When you're seat is higher than the lighting in the theater then you know it's not a worth it." (not true)

What?! I've sat in the rear mezzanine twice at the Lunt-Fontanne and loved it! I've been in the second to last row mezz both times, and for Little Mermaid I have that same row. The sight lines for that theater are great. Of course you are not going to see the details of their faces, but you're not going to really get that from ANY rear mezz unless you were in a tiny theater. And Beauty and the Beast is a grand spectacle of the show, so you don't have to worry about not seeing anything.

Plus it seems like your only opportunity to see the show before it closes, so I say go for it.

Check your PMs.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 7/2/07 at 05:40 AM

Videos