pixeltracker

Wonderful Playbill article with Erin Davie

Wonderful Playbill article with Erin Davie

ashley0139
#1Wonderful Playbill article with Erin Davie
Posted: 7/12/07 at 3:13pm

Was there a thread on this and I missed it? If there was, sorry. Really good article with Erin Davie of Grey Gardens.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/109430.html

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#2re: Wonderful Playbill article with Erin Davie
Posted: 7/12/07 at 3:29pm

Wonderful interview. It's also nice how she addresses the issue of how much she needed and not needed to be like the Little Edie of Act Two. Hopefully people who have criticized this will take note that it was a deliberate choice made by the production--not a mistake or screw up or error in ability.

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#2re: Wonderful Playbill article with Erin Davie
Posted: 7/12/07 at 3:55pm

Great interview. Thanks for posting it!

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

Bubba2 Profile Photo
Bubba2
#3re: Wonderful Playbill article with Erin Davie
Posted: 7/12/07 at 4:52pm

Very cool. Thanks Ashley!

Hi there.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#4re: Wonderful Playbill article with Erin Davie
Posted: 7/12/07 at 5:12pm

Fabulous interview. Thanks for posting!

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#5re: Wonderful Playbill article with Erin Davie
Posted: 7/12/07 at 6:55pm

really nice interview with one of my favorite people!

she is an incredible actress, and thats awesome she has picked up so many little things from Christine. i never even noticed the hand thing! :)

love her

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#6re: Wonderful Playbill article with Erin Davie
Posted: 7/12/07 at 8:45pm

I REALLY respect her for still allowing her understudy to go on... that's really nice of her, and I'm sure the understudy will appreciate it.

Erin is a fantastic talent, and seems amazingly sweet. I hope she gets something else soon... she's "GOING PLACES!"

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#7re: Wonderful Playbill article with Erin Davie
Posted: 7/12/07 at 8:48pm

It's quite interesting that she auditioned to understudy the role, I am certainly glad she got to play the role full-time, it is hard to imagine anyone else as Act I Edie. She owns the character, IMO. I can't get enough of her "Daddy's Girl."
I hope we get to find out soon what her next project will be.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

jg4892
#8re: Wonderful Playbill article with Erin Davie
Posted: 7/12/07 at 8:50pm

Yeah, it was really great of her to let Megan go on. Megan will be going on saturday and sunday. She's amazing!!! Everyone go see her!

Videos