Rosie back on Stage!!!!

Lm4dham052 Profile Photo
Lm4dham052
#1Rosie back on Stage!!!!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 10:43pm

I am so excited about this. I can't wait to see it, both her and Christine Ebersole. I can't wait.....

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/109858.html

"I used to want to change the world, now i just want to leave the room with a little bit of dignity"
Updated On: 7/26/07 at 10:43 PM

TapTapTapioca
#2re: Rosie back on Broadway!!!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 10:55pm

Encores! isn't on Broadway.

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

Lm4dham052 Profile Photo
Lm4dham052
#2re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 10:57pm

There i corrected it....is that better

"I used to want to change the world, now i just want to leave the room with a little bit of dignity"

Flaunt It
#3re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 10:59pm

It would be better if Rosie was not involved. Can you do that too?

Playbill9117 Profile Photo
Playbill9117
#4re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:06pm

REALLY. - ROSES in her head shot? What a trite disregard for how nasty and unapproachable she's been for the past few years.

This kind of thing really strikes my funny bone.

Oh wait! It's because her name is ROSIE!!! Now it's just charming! whoever set up that shot is a genius! I really do like her a lot better now that I've fully absorbed the meaning behind those gorgeous roses!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#5re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:11pm

I love Rosie and I'm so happy that she is such an avid supporter of Broadway, but her support needs to remain off-stage.

At least she doesn't sing in this show.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#6re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:12pm

She's supportive and encouraging to Broadway and I'm sure she'll do fine here. It's nonsinging.

uhkthxbye2 Profile Photo
uhkthxbye2
#7re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:13pm

I watched a vid on YouTube from the Tony's a few years ago where she does this weird thing and introduces performances from Megan Mullally, Jesse L. Martin, and Jane Krakowski, all three of whom were great ... but my God. The woman CANNOT sing. I'm professedly unfamiliar with Fiddler, but did her part in it require that much if any singing?

Gangway, world, get off of my runway.
- Mama Rose, Gypsy

A bird cage I plan to hang,
I'll get to that someday...
A bird cage for a bird who flew away
Around the world.
- Edie, Grey Gardens

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#8re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:17pm

"About casting O'Donnell, director Bobbie told the Times, 'The idea of a curtain going down and seeing Rosie in a maid's uniform with a vacuum cleaner, well, I'm already in heaven. I think that's the way America wants to see Rosie.'"

Pardon?

"Although her role does not require singing, he told the paper, 'I'm going to try [to find] someplace for her to sing something.'"

Uh oh.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Flaunt It
#9re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:20pm

Even if she could sing like Audra and act like Cherrie Jones... she is 20 years too young for this role.

broadwaybaby86
#10re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:21pm

r u kidding i never liked rosie o'donnel, i mean she is confident and that does help get you to broadway, but she really has no talent. remember a coupl years ago she sponsered some musical that was on broadway for,ummm, a MONTH? she knows nothing about the theatre world

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#11re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:24pm

^ Absolulte ignorance right there. And no, I did not like Taboo.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#12re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:42pm

broadwaybaby86, I hope you're joking.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#13re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:44pm

If broadwaybaby86 plans on positing such ignorance while she is on here, she might as well not post at all.

broadwaybaby086
#14re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 12:04am

Wow, it's a near doppleganger. But I came second so I guess it's my fault.

But yes, that was an extremely ignorant statement. Unfortunate. I don't particularly care for Rosie onstage, but she has done a great deal for the theatre community.

And re: the roses in the picture, that's her photo from The View; it was shown in the opening credits...if they can be called that.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Flaunt It
#15re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 12:31am

Why does Rosie never look happy in her pics? She smiles with her mouth yet her eyes look like she is just miserable. I guess she should smile with her soul if she can!

SakeDad Profile Photo
SakeDad
#16re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 5:10am

I'm just happy to see a gay or lesbian couple FINALLY referred to as married just like the rest of the world!! If it took Rosie to help that I say "Three Cheers Girl!" As for the rest....she's having fun, she supports theatre and you can choose NOT to see her if you don't like her...but at least she's involved and creating work for others!

"God, I hope it's not a REAL emergency...I only brought one bottle of Vodka!" That's my Diva Dog, Sake in the picture.

Flaunt It
#17re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 7:55am

Why is it nice to see them referred to as married? They are not married. THe only gay american citizens who are married have to be residents of Massachusetts. They may have a civil union, but by just using the term "marriage" defeats all the work that a lot of people are fighting for. That word is VERY important in this particular battle.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#18re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 8:07am

While I am no longer a fan of hers, I can see her pulling this off. A handful of performances in a non-singing (hopefully) role, why not?

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Lm4dham052 Profile Photo
Lm4dham052
#19re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 8:36am

Well Flaunt It It's good that this is the Broadway Board not the Off topic board. So why don't you stick to the topic of her being in the show as opposed to your opinion on the term Marriage.

Flaunt It
#20re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 1:59pm

It is a fact... not an opinion. Did you belittle the post that brought it up in the first place? As for Rosie on stage... I'll pass. She is really an awful actress/singer and I would not pay good money to watch her doing a bad impersonation of what she thinks Bette Midler would do in this role.

Updated On: 7/27/07 at 01:59 PM

Playbill9117 Profile Photo
Playbill9117
#21re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 10:53pm

Well...I'll...Probably...Pass...As...Well...

(Sorry, that really annoys me.)

NathanLaneStalker
#22re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/28/07 at 10:34am

I'm very happy! It may be like...a year away, but I'm still happy that she will be back on stage in NYC!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#23re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/28/07 at 11:15am

I'm glad too. Rosie is always great at whatever she does. Like her singing or not, she does a lot to promote Broadway and the arts!

WaitingForKathy Profile Photo
WaitingForKathy
#24re: Rosie back on Stage!!!
Posted: 7/28/07 at 11:21am

Is she not doing Les Mis? I think she would be great!
Updated On: 7/28/07 at 11:21 AM

Videos