pixeltracker

Do You Know the way to Grey Gardens?

Do You Know the way to Grey Gardens?

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#1Do You Know the way to Grey Gardens?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 3:24pm

....LITERALLY. My friend and I are wildly infatuated with the Musical and in turn have become obsessed with the two documentaries. We live on Long Island, and wanted to take a road trip to the real Grey Gardens, but aside from the non-specific 'East Hampton' we don't really know where it's located.

I know it's currently occupied, so we don't want to go in or knock on doors or anything, we just want to drive by for the sake of doing so. Does anyone know the exact address, or general viscinity, or directions? Thanks much all.

RyToast1
#2re: Do You Know the way to Grey Gardens?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 3:27pm

3 West End Avenue in the wealthy Georgica Pond neighborhood of East Hampton, New York.

--it took me maybe 10 seconds to find it after I read your post. Thank heavens for wikipedia!--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Gardens
Updated On: 8/13/07 at 03:27 PM

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#2re: Do You Know the way to Grey Gardens?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 3:29pm

Hahahahah, thank you so much. I'm apparently not terribly resourceful.

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#3re: Do You Know the way to Grey Gardens?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 3:30pm

OK dont go knocking on any doors BUT maybe take a few snap shots if poss. Id love to see it now. have a great trip. x

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4re: Do You Know the way to Grey Gardens?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 3:32pm

It's street address is: 3 West End Avenue in Apaquogue, Long Island. It's a few minutes SE of the East Hampton Airport. It's east of the Montauk Highway.

It's actually quite visible from the road these days, unlike the overgrown foliage the Beales had.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#5re: Do You Know the way to Grey Gardens?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 3:36pm

Grey Gardens, circa 1975:
re: Do You Know the way to Grey Gardens?

Grey Gardens, today:
re: Do You Know the way to Grey Gardens?

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#6re: Do You Know the way to Grey Gardens?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 3:40pm

Thanks BF x
Im glad i wasnt the gardener that cleared that lot!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 8/13/07 at 03:40 PM

ILoveWicked330
#7re: Do You Know the way to Grey Gardens?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 4:35pm

I was actually less than a mile away yesterday and I was hoping to pass it! We went to the Aquarium in Riverhead and decided to go to the Hamptons for dinner & we were driving around East Hampton and we were gonna look for the Grey Gardens Estate but didn't know the address or anything so we turned around

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#8re: Do You Know the way to Grey Gardens?
Posted: 8/13/07 at 4:48pm

Take the New York-Montauk line out to East Hampton, preferably the 5:15. There will be a cab waiting for you at the station. Brooks sent it.