pixeltracker

If they made Hercules into a broadway musical what would be your casting choices?- Page 2

If they made Hercules into a broadway musical what would be your casting choices?

MarkRascati
#25re: Hercules Casting Speculations??
Posted: 10/15/07 at 5:59pm

Raul Esparza as Hades.

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#26re: Hercules Casting Speculations??
Posted: 10/15/07 at 6:05pm

OOooo, that would be fun to watch.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#27re: Hercules Casting Speculations??
Posted: 10/15/07 at 6:33pm

Chris Seiber as Hercules
Rachel York as Meg

outdamnwench
#28re: Hercules Casting Speculations??
Posted: 10/15/07 at 6:35pm

Shoshana Bean as Meg

onbroadwaynow Profile Photo
onbroadwaynow
#29re: Hercules Casting Speculations??
Posted: 10/16/07 at 9:08pm

BAck to the response to my comment from a few days ago the process is just starting, so its got a few years before it is ready, so south pacific and young frankenstein wont be a problem when finding a leading lady.

And here are a few names i remember:
hades: michael cerveris, marc kudisch
Zeus: steve blanchard
Muses: stephanie j block, felicia fields, alice ripley, megan mullally, susan egan

just some more inside scoop for you all

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#30re: Hercules Casting Speculations??
Posted: 10/16/07 at 10:51pm

Jenn Gambatese for Meg! I'd like to see her and Cheyenne Jackson back onstage together again...

Sykes24 Profile Photo
Sykes24
#31re: Hercules Casting Speculations??
Posted: 10/16/07 at 10:53pm

Cheyenne! Yum!

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#32re: Hercules Casting Speculations??
Posted: 10/17/07 at 12:59am

I have to say I completely agree with what H.Higgins said.

This is one of the most catchy scores of Disney as well as some of the most well-written Disney children AND adult comedy in one film.

And yes, Taymor would do an amazing job.

There are so many amazing roles in this show that so many wonderful talents could be used.

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

big_girls_don't_cry
#33re: Hercules Casting Speculations??
Posted: 10/21/07 at 3:41pm

i'd have to go with some others on cheyenne jackson as hercules..though i hope it never goes on broadway.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#34re: Hercules Casting Speculations??
Posted: 10/21/07 at 6:44pm

Hercules - Cheyenne Jackson
Meg - Jenny Powers
Hades - Michael Cerveris
I agree with Josh's ideas of Derrick/Tyler as Pain/Panic.

The only one I'm totally lost on is Phil.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#35re: Hercules Casting Speculations??
Posted: 10/21/07 at 6:57pm

The only one I'm totally lost on is Phil.

Eh, they should just cut him anyway. But actually, without Danny DeVito's voice, they might be able to make the character less annoying on stage.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#36re: Hercules Casting Speculations??
Posted: 10/21/07 at 7:18pm

I would say Andy Karl is darn near perfect physically and I'm surprised anyone would say Idina Menzel would be too old if half the people on this thread have mentioned Susan Egan. Tyler Maynard obviously has a job if this ever makes it to Broadway but I don't know if Broadway needs yet another one of these types of musicals, does it?

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#37re: Hercules Casting Speculations??
Posted: 10/21/07 at 7:40pm

Zeus-Steve Blanchard
Hercules-Mark Jacoby
Meg-Bernadette Peters
Hades-Marc Kudisch
Phil-Justin Bohon

oh wait, this is my dream cast for the Met's production of A Little Night Music...

I too agree, there are much better choices for Disney musicals on Broadway. I own the Hercules soundtrack, yes SOUNDTRACK. (wow, you dont hear that word often used correctly on this board), and while the music is very beautiful, it couldn't hold up, almost every song for the show would have to be written NEW....Mary poppins was an exception, tho not a movie JAM PACKED with songs..each one was a CLASSIC that has stood the test of time. so if you added temper temper..who would care? as long as songs like Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (yes, i sang the song to spell that!) and Jolly Holiday that musical was sure to be a front runner on Broadway (and it has been). Hercules' score has not stood that test of time.....

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

Pascal/Menzel/Bundy Profile Photo
Pascal/Menzel/Bundy
#38re: Hercules Casting Speculations??
Posted: 10/21/07 at 10:44pm

I only sort of skimmed this thread so if anyone else has said this I'm sorry.

I really could see Nikki Snelson as Meg. With a wig of course. re: Hercules Casting Speculations??

"It means nothing to come and sit in a theater night after night and immerse yourself in fantasy, only then to walk out the door and be unchanged in reality. This show will live on in our hearts. But where it truly must survive is in our actions, our compassion and our generousity of spirit towards one another." - Adam Pascal on the closing of RENT