pixeltracker

Revivals You Think Are Most Likely/Or Are Forsurely Going To Happen In 2004/2005- Page 2

Revivals You Think Are Most Likely/Or Are Forsurely Going To Happen In 2004/2005

BillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
#25Hmmm....
Posted: 1/6/04 at 8:58pm

I would love for "The Pajama Game" to come back. With a strong cast, it could be quite enjoyable.

"The Threepenny Opera" was also mentioned in the recent article on Broadway.com, and I'm thrilled about that as well. I love that show- and I'm sure it would be stunning on Broadway with the right director.

Hopefully, "Ragtime" will be revived in a while. I know it just closed, but what a WONDERFUL show.

TTL Profile Photo
TTL
#26re: Hmmm....
Posted: 1/6/04 at 10:21pm

Isn't a revival of WEST SIDE STORY already in the works?? I thought a read a while back Jerry Mitchell will provide choreography. Just wondering.

#27re: re: Hmmm....
Posted: 1/6/04 at 10:47pm

Revivals....Revivals....

I would love to see new shows! A whole bunch of shows.
But if not and we have to revive.....
How about some that could use a nice update...

THE BOYFRIEND would be fun to revive~~
since the 20s is so popular with TMM and all.

EVITA of course....

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#28re: re: re: Hmmm....
Posted: 1/7/04 at 3:07pm

I'm still hoping for Sweet Charity, even though the workshop fell through with that entire Marissa, Jane, whoever thing. re: re: re: Hmmm....

I think Jane would be great as Charity.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#29re: re: re: re: Hmmm....
Posted: 1/7/04 at 3:48pm

"THE BOYFRIEND would be fun to revive~~
since the 20s is so popular with TMM and all."

Didn't 'Millie' originate because they couldn't get the film rights to 'The Boyfriend?'

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#30re: re: re: re: re: Hmmm....
Posted: 1/7/04 at 10:53pm

I know it wasn't revived on Broadway; but didn't Julie Andrews recently (a few months ago) direct a short revival of "The Boyfriend" in and Off-Broadway venue? I kept meaning to see it, but unfortunately never got around to it. re: re: re: re: re: Hmmm....

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

shermanslave Profile Photo
shermanslave
#31re: re: re: re: re: re: Hmmm....
Posted: 1/8/04 at 7:19pm

The Boyfriend is a great idea. What about The Robber Bridegroom?

Please visit Bitchy Waiter

shermanslave Profile Photo
shermanslave
#32re: re: re: re: re: re: Hmmm....
Posted: 1/8/04 at 7:19pm

The Boyfriend is a great idea. What about The Robber Bridegroom?

Please visit Bitchy Waiter

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#33re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Hmmm....
Posted: 1/9/04 at 8:22pm

Hmmmm how about La La Lucille, Yes, Yes Yvette and Chu Chin Chow.These were real shows!

citylights
#34re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Hmmm....
Posted: 1/9/04 at 11:03pm

I'd love to see The Pajama Game, as I'm in a production of it right now. It's a good show.

While he was collecting BC/EFA donations after Hairspray one day, I asked Willis White what was going on with Zanna, Don't- he told me they did a concert-type thing in Georgia to get some interest up for a Broadway revival, and that they were trying to get Jai back....who knows.