pixeltracker

Marie Osmond On Broadway?- Page 2

Marie Osmond On Broadway?

BigFatBlonde Profile Photo
BigFatBlonde
#25re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/5/07 at 6:35pm

I saw her in Sound of Music. She was pleasing enough.

My favorite moment was towards the end of the show; The Von Trapps are trying to figure out how to get out of Austria.

The Capatain suggested they climb over the hills and

Osmond faces full out to the audience showing off her BOULDER sized breasts and says:

"The mountains! Those are my mountains"

I think I pee'd a little from laughing so hard.

What great ones do the less will prattle of

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#26re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/5/07 at 7:05pm

Ford every stream, BFB.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

LaurenB
#27re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/9/07 at 2:06pm

FYI, the entire Osmond clan is scheduled to be on Oprah today.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#28re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/9/07 at 2:31pm

And the ENTIRE clan was there...over 100 of them!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/09/people.osmonds.winfrey.ap/index.html

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#29re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/9/07 at 2:57pm

I saw her in Sound of Music and I thought she was absolutely delightful in the role of Maria.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#30re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/9/07 at 8:31pm

If she does, it won't be for a while being that she's going to be doing the Dancing With The Stars Tour.
Updated On: 11/9/07 at 08:31 PM

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#31re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/9/07 at 8:36pm

Oprah also mentioned that Donny and Marie will have a comeback tour.

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

HughE2030 Profile Photo
HughE2030
#32re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:46pm

Who's taking care of her 80 kids?

www.ConfessionsofaPaparazzi.com

MungoGypsy8232
#33re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/10/07 at 11:30am

I really hope First Wives Club makes it to Broadway with Marie! Wasn't there talk of Queen Latifah in the Goldie Hawn role or was that just a board rumor?

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#34re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:23pm

When I was watching Oprah with the Osmonds yesterday, I could only think about her as Velma Von Tussle. I completely agree with those who mentioned it!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#35re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:35pm

Queen Latifah has stated in the press that she would never do Broadway due mostly in part to the 8 performances a week schedule. She stated this when repeatedly asked this question during the whole CHICAGO press/interviews period.

Richard Gere, who began his acting career on stage also stated he would never return to that rigorous performance schedule as did Barbra Streisand (on her INSIDE THE ACTOR'S STUDIO appearance) and Liza Minnelli (to Larry King).

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#36re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:48pm

BrodyFosse123, that's not entirely true.

Latifah said recently that doing a theatrical stage project is something she wants to do very much. She feels to embark on such a serious commitment without it being the perfect show and the perfect project would be wrong, and she credits her selectivity amongst what she's been offered so far to her reluctance to do Broadway.

EDIT:

Here is the quote I was referencing from an interview she gave to promote her new album:

You've been in a couple very well-received musicals recently, Hairspray and Chicago before that. Is doing Broadway musicals something that you are exploring?

"I would definitely be interested in doing something designed for me. It's a lot of work, though, and it takes a lot of dedication—I won't do Broadway and half do it. It's either I commit to it and I'm ready to do it, or I'm not going to do it all…You know, to do the same thing everyday, to do it 110% and make it special for every new audience that comes in there, it's gotta be the right project. And I don't take that lightly. I could have done Broadway years ago. I respect the people who can do it everyday and make it special, you know?"

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/news/article/0,,4416683,00.html

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 11/10/07 at 12:48 PM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#37re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:58pm

Without much dissection of Latifah's recent quote -- she's simply saying "no, thank you". re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#38re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:33pm

I disagree.

She simply wants to wait on the right project before embarking on a commitment she takes very seriously.

Why does that have to translate to her not being interested in doing theater?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#39re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/15/10 at 4:29pm

Here's Marie performing "The Lonely Goatherd" from The Sound of Music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkaQ1AIJfaY&sns=fb

And Marie doing "Getting to Know You" from The King & I on Rosie's show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJheD6XZDsg&sns=fb

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#40re: Marie Osmond On Broadway?
Posted: 11/16/10 at 7:54am

Didn't she play Anna in THE KING AND I on Broadway during the last revival's run?

Videos