News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

LoveMusik CD

Yankeefan007
#1LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/7/07 at 11:38pm

After an incredibly rough day, it was great to come home and listen to the album.

An incredibly accurate and well produced representation of a subpar show. Just goes to show it wasn't the music and cast.

Chason Profile Photo
Chason
#2re: LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/8/07 at 12:06am

So I'm better off with the soundtrack? I didn't see the show (though I would have loved to). What, exactly, (if you don't mind my asking) was sub-par about the show... and so wonderful about the songs? How does something like that happen?

George: Rubbing alcohol for you, Martha? Martha: Never mix, never worry!

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#2re: LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/8/07 at 12:15am

Can't wait to get my hands on it!

I expect it in the mail tomorrow or Friday...

(Now, as for "bare"... *shifty eyes*)

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#3re: LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/8/07 at 1:54am

I concur...as much as I wanted to love the show...

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#4re: LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/8/07 at 3:13am

It was still an incredibly enjoyable experience though.
The direction was messy and the book left some to be desired for, but I thought it was a pretty decent show. To me, it felt like a great out-of-town try-out. It was just too raw for Broadway.
Even so, the performances alone made it one hell of a show.
Should be getting my CD on the mail tomorrow and then I can listen to Murphy's "Surabaya Johnny" over and over and over again.
I'm quite interested to see how they recorded the "Alabama Song" sequence.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#5re: LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/8/07 at 4:38am

The performances did indeed make the show. I still remember Judy Blazer in one of the "trailer park" scenes. She had no lines but she was the most amazing actor on stage. She was just washing the darn thing, but she was so focused. And of course Donna Murphy whose wonderfullness I shan't even get into here. Really, there wasn't really one one actor that I didn't quite enjoy, but the whole cast was really quite terrific.

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#6re: LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/8/07 at 6:32am

everyone seemed to have a problem with the lighting and the fact that Lotta took 10 minutes to put makeup on her face near the end. personally, i loved the 1st act a LOT and the 2nd act, not so much.

Yankeefan007
#7re: LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/8/07 at 7:05am

They recorded the whole Alabama Song sequence - people auditioning, and then Lenya. And the reprise is as it was on stage.

RentBoy86
#8re: LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/8/07 at 9:33am

How is the booklet and such? Lyrics?

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#9re: LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/8/07 at 10:46am

Got mine yesterday as well and listened to it this morning! Fantastic! Really, it is and only made me realize how much i miss that show and had hoped it would have stuck around for a lot longer than it did. I know it wasnt your typical Broadway fare - but this show just did it for me and made me smile the 3 times I saw it. To have Donna and Michael and the entire Company (David Pittu and John Sherer sound great here too) on CD sounding this good is a great credit to everyone involved making this happen. A huge Thank You!

There are no lyrics listed, but the reading and stuff listed in the booklet adds even more to this extremely interesting work of art.

gaykettle
#10re: LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/8/07 at 11:16am

HELP. where did you order from. i really want to get this cd. thanks.

ashley0139
#11re: LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/8/07 at 11:25am

http://www.sh-k-boom.com

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Stagedoor2
#12re: LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/8/07 at 6:09pm

Just curious -- does anyone know how the cd was shipped? Was it USPO or UPS? I was hoping that since it was shipped on Monday, I'd get it today -- no such luck.

Thanks.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#13re: LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/8/07 at 6:32pm

Mine was shipped USPS. I ordered it last Monday afternoon and got it yesterday. Granted I live in New York.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#14re: LoveMusik CD
Posted: 11/8/07 at 6:34pm

it's USPS First Class Mail.

and i enjoy the CD as well. i find that there's some problems with the songs sort of cutting off and the editing isn't the best but i suppose this was used to conserve the space on the CD.

Donna and Michael sound wonderful though!

Videos