THE GOONIES coming to Bway

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#1THE GOONIES coming to Bway
Posted: 11/8/07 at 8:10am

"Now Donner is apparently trying a completely different route to get GOONIES back in the flesh: Broadway. JoBlo reader 'Mike B.' just saw Donner at a Q&A for SUPERMAN, and let us know the man's plans: "What he is actively pushing forward with to get off the ground is a Broadway play version of the original. He specified that he had just met with Warner Brothers as recently as yesterday, and that they're enthusiastically in support of it. Donner specified that while he will not be directing, he intends on taking on the role of producer and wants "creative influence" over the production. That's right from the horse's mouth."

Harvey Fierstein can play Sloth!

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 11/8/07 at 08:10 AM

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#2re: THE GOONIES coming to Bway
Posted: 11/8/07 at 9:15am

I once ran across a couple of songs on MySpace that some guys had written for their own version of a Goonies musical. Certainly not Broadway quality, but fun. Goonies is one of my favorite movies and there's rich potential for some aspects of it, but it's awfully large in terms of locations and settings. I'd be curious to see how it could be done physically. Another liability: the cast is almost all kids.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#2re: THE GOONIES coming to Bway
Posted: 11/8/07 at 9:26am

I didn't get the impression that this was going to be a musical
Ourtime. I could be wrong.

....but the world goes 'round

gypsy4
#3re: THE GOONIES coming to Bway
Posted: 11/8/07 at 10:53am

This would be a great show If they have the right creative team.

TheEnchantedHunter
#4re: THE GOONIES coming to Bway
Posted: 11/8/07 at 10:57am

Oh, yeah, sure. Why not cut to the chase and just have the audience sitting in diapers and getting breast-fed? We're almost there as it is. The rampant and unbelievably depressing infantilization of American culture continues unchecked...

Ensign Lisa Minnelli
French Polynesia

don logan Profile Photo
don logan
#5re: THE GOONIES coming to Bway
Posted: 11/8/07 at 11:00am

I'm waiting for Borat the musical

"Never before has an American president been so closely tied to a foreign power that harbors and supports our country's mortal enemies."

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#6re: THE GOONIES coming to Bway
Posted: 11/8/07 at 11:03am

I'm Waiting for "the enchanted hunter: the Musical" where everyone complains and drinks stale red wine all day.

nanny nanny foo foo
topeka Kansas

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

MuslimBwayFan
#7re: THE GOONIES coming to Bway
Posted: 11/8/07 at 11:03am

Goonies isn't sub-standard Americana by any means. It's a film that defines a generation.

Carl Magnum Profile Photo
Carl Magnum
#8re: THE GOONIES coming to Bway
Posted: 11/8/07 at 4:27pm

If the film defines the generation as sucking then yeah. I really don't understand the attraction and the magic of Goonies. Give me Ghostbusters and a number of other 80's films any day of the week. That being said, How in the blue fcuk would this work onstage?

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

Videos