How is Die Mommie Die?

MuslimBwayFan
#1How is Die Mommie Die?
Posted: 11/12/07 at 9:04am

Seeing it on Tuesday, any thoughts?

Gpvegas
#2re: How is Die Mommie Die?
Posted: 11/12/07 at 9:08am

I loved. I think that to see Charles Busch in action is well worth the price of admission. He is in great form.

I had a smile on my face from the beginning to the end.

Enjoy.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#2re: How is Die Mommie Die?
Posted: 11/12/07 at 9:29am

the show is amazingly clever! everyone in the cast offers their own unique twist :) i HIGHLY recommend it.

MuslimBwayFan
#3re: How is Die Mommie Die?
Posted: 11/12/07 at 9:34am

Thanks guys!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#4re: How is Die Mommie Die?
Posted: 11/12/07 at 10:17am

The show is is divine shape. Everyone needs to see the show just to witness Charles Busch in spectacular form. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I was really impressed with the actors playing the kids. They were very, very funny and the boy from the soap who plays Busch's son was really believable as a comically troubled gay son. I loved the show.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

joeyinpa
#5re: How is Die Mommie Die?
Posted: 11/13/07 at 2:12am

I saw the show friday night. I really enjoyed it. Charles Busch was a riot. The film is better but it was a pleasure seeing CB in action. I got him to sign my poster after the show and he couldn't have been nicer. A real class act. I plan on seeing it again.

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#6re: How is Die Mommie Die?
Posted: 11/13/07 at 2:33am

I see it on November 30th and I cannot wait! I saw the regional premiere in Dallas last year and loved it.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#7re: How is Die Mommie Die?
Posted: 11/13/07 at 9:21am

I saw the movie several years ago before I saw the play last week. I must say the movie is quite a bit better. (How often do you ever get to say that?) The supporting characters are better actors and the story benefits from multiple locations.

That said, it's definitely worth it to go see Charles Busch in action. Keep an eye on him throughout the show. Even when he's not talking, he's more brilliant than anyone else on stage.

MuslimBwayFan
#8re: How is Die Mommie Die?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 9:47am

Unfortunatley, I didnt get to see it. THey called me an hour before and said my tickets were gone.

paphillyguy
#9re: How is Die Mommie Die?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 11:18am

Were they papered tickets?

MuslimBwayFan
#10re: How is Die Mommie Die?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 11:22am

Yeah, I totally dont begrudge them at all, though. I'm overjoyed that they are selling well.

paphillyguy
#11re: How is Die Mommie Die?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 1:23pm

I know and I understand they have every right to cancel the tickets. That being said, I do not necessarily feel it is fair. The papering agencies where around and helped them when they needed the crowds and now they just cancel orders. It know again they are making money on those ticekts but still it just does not sit well with me.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#12re: How is Die Mommie Die?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 1:35pm

What is papering? I've never heard the term.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

burnsy Profile Photo
burnsy
#13re: How is Die Mommie Die?
Posted: 11/15/07 at 2:01pm

Well I went to the box office and they told me the show was sold out and there's no ticket for me. At first I was upset and emailed the agency & asked why they didn't give me any advanced notice. The agency handled it very well. I got a refund and they offer me an alternate date to the show any date after thanksgiving.

Videos