pixeltracker

Martin Short: Fame Becomes me... Shaiman superb work!

shardasmal Profile Photo
shardasmal
#1Martin Short: Fame Becomes me... Shaiman superb work!
Posted: 11/15/07 at 5:08pm

Hi friends

I love this musical and I enjoy the cd tooo much..

Glass half full is perhaps my favourite, as also is Stepbrother to Jesus and more..

The question... living in Spain I was not able to attend to NY to see this show. Is there any chance to see it recorded?

thanks!
[img]Martin Short: Fame Becomes me... Shaiman superb work!

Marc Shaiman fansite

Marc Shaiman - Film Music Composer http://www.marcshaiman.net
Updated On: 11/15/07 at 05:08 PM

me2 Profile Photo
me2
#2re: Martin Short: Fame Becomes me... Shaiman superb work!
Posted: 11/15/07 at 5:40pm

I doubt it unless it was recorded for the Lincoln Center. I checked the CD out from the library to sample it. I almost died hearing so many of those songs.

My favorite is the one based on what he "heard" a Rwandan girl say. When a friend of mine married a man from Africa, we used to joke that she'd have children and say, "This is little Ooosmanfatimaali, but we call him *click click click* for short." I played the song for her, and she about died as well. Very funny stuff. It's on my list of "to get" CDs.
Broadway Blog: Wicked: The Grimmerie (A Book Report by Guest Ozian Writer)

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#2re: Martin Short: Fame Becomes me... Shaiman superb work!
Posted: 11/15/07 at 5:45pm

There is no official video recording of this show. But I'm sure if you dig enough, you can find something...for a price I'm sure.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#3re: Martin Short: Fame Becomes me... Shaiman superb work!
Posted: 11/15/07 at 7:35pm

I saw a bunch of shows over the Thanksgiving holiday last year. This is the one show I sadly regret NOT seeing.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

auzziek Profile Photo
auzziek
#4re: Martin Short: Fame Becomes me... Shaiman superb work!
Posted: 11/15/07 at 7:58pm

"A tour will launch later in 2007; details to be announced soon."

That's from the official website.

Guess it didn't happen.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#5re: Martin Short: Fame Becomes me... Shaiman superb work!
Posted: 11/16/07 at 12:05am

I don't know what the Tony Nominating Committee had against this show. At the very least it deserved a nomination for Best Book over LEGALLY BLONDE, Best Score over LEGALLY BLONDE, and Best Musical over MARY POPPINS. I would have loved to see Capathia nominated for Featured Actress, but that was a tight category and none of those ladies were going to get bumped out. I'm glad at least Brooks Ashmanskas got recognition for his work, and that someone was there at the Tonys to represent the show.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

#6re: Martin Short: Fame Becomes me... Shaiman superb work!
Posted: 11/16/07 at 12:17am

my favorites are all the Mary Birdsong parts!

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#7re: Martin Short: Fame Becomes me... Shaiman superb work!
Posted: 11/26/07 at 7:30pm

My friend got a dd of this show (I know I know!) and I came over to watch it and LOVED it!

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

Videos