pixeltracker

Moments in shows that were wisely cut- Page 2

Moments in shows that were wisely cut

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#25re: Moments in shows that were wisely cut
Posted: 11/18/07 at 6:13pm

For those interested, I just posted the full first version of the "She Loves to Hear the Music" number from THE BOY FROM OZ. I wrote about this 5 posts earlier.

Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jRzEE7lug4c

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#26re: Moments in shows that were wisely cut
Posted: 11/18/07 at 7:25pm

I recall reading somewhere that webber wanted to have live doves across the stage during Music of The Night in Phantom. Someone enccouraged him to not go in that direction.

Can you imagen having to collect the birds mid show after the number was over.

I am glad that who ever it was talked him out of it.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Mattbrain
#27re: Moments in shows that were wisely cut
Posted: 11/18/07 at 7:34pm

According to the documentary on the DVD for the movie, they did go through with the doves but they kept hitting the walls so they were like, "screw it."

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

neddyfrank2
#28re: Moments in shows that were wisely cut
Posted: 11/18/07 at 7:39pm

Did The Boy From Oz use a raked stage?

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#29re: Moments in shows that were wisely cut
Posted: 11/18/07 at 8:17pm

"Yeah AND during the workshops AND the previews at the Public Theatre, he envisioned picking a different final 8 each night! He would tell Robert LuPone, "Okay, tonight we're going to pick Wayne and Thommie and Priscilla..."

How crazy is that?!?!?! "

He was a crazy guy.

Instead of the songs Nowadays in Chicago, originally Chita and Gwen were to sing a song called Loopin' the Loop at the end(It's the melody of the Overture). While I like Loopin' the Loop an awful lot (the lyric is quite clever), Nowadays is a far superior piece and a much better ending.
Also, Fosse originally wanted to place a very sexual dance in the song Razzle Dazzle that appalled Kander, Ebb, the cast and the producers. Jerry Orbach talked him into cutting it. For a good idea of what that dance was to be like, check out the Airotic sequence in All That Jazz.

Mattbrain
#30re: Moments in shows that were wisely cut
Posted: 11/18/07 at 8:30pm

Oh, I watched that scene. That was messed up.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#31re: Moments in shows that were wisely cut
Posted: 11/19/07 at 7:00pm

BrodyFosse- thanks!!!