pixeltracker

THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews- Page 4

THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#75re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:33pm

"burdens its performers with ungainly guess-what-I-am costumes (by Tatiana Noginova) "

HAHAHA

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#76re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:33pm

"Despite a new book by the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Doug Wright, the ending, with its war-of-the-elements climax, is incomprehensible"

Wow!

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#77re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:34pm

wow some of these reviews are painful to read.

Maybe Disney will start to learn from its mistakes

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#78re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:34pm

I do enjoy the slightly different photo the Times has up

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#79re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:35pm

"Maybe Disney will start to learn from its mistakes"

Funniest quote all night.

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

rosscoe(au)
#80re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:35pm

It just gets worse the more you read his review.

"The unfortunate Ms. Scott, a brassy young Broadway veteran (“Dirty Rotten Scoundrels,” “Aida”), has eight octopuslike tentacles to contend with, which may account for the bizarre mutability of her accent, which shifts among Cockney, plummy English, Brooklynese and Zsa Zsa Gabor Hungarian."

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

BrianS Profile Photo
BrianS
#81re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:36pm

um, wow. Does Brantley mean "penny-whistle soprano" as a good thing? Cause otherwise there wasn't a single positive thing in that review.

If the audience could do better, they'd be up here on stage and I'd be out there watching them. - Ethel Merman

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#82re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:37pm

I dont know, some shows get amazing reviews and close early. Others get scathing reviews and run for years. Do reviews really matter? It's really in the end, only one person's opinion. I've already seen the show so it's not like I was waiting for the reviews to make up my mind whether or not to see it. And I bet, there are a few people out there who were waiting for the reviews before buying a ticket, and will go anyway just out of curiosity.
Updated On: 1/10/08 at 11:37 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#83re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:38pm

Am I the only one who is still not finding BRantley's review? I clicked on theater and it's not up there.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#84re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:39pm

^ There's a link in this thread to it.

BrianS Profile Photo
BrianS
#85re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:40pm

Click on the broadway show page, then the little mermaid link (in the list of shows)and where it gives the synopsis, click "read the full review."

If the audience could do better, they'd be up here on stage and I'd be out there watching them. - Ethel Merman

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#86re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:40pm

http://theater2.nytimes.com/gst/theater/tdetails.html?id=1154674519658

go to the link and under Review Summary, click the Read the Full Review link. I had to register as a free member to read it.

Updated On: 1/10/08 at 11:40 PM

rosscoe(au)
#87re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:41pm

Dancing,

on the left hand side of the theeatre page pull the tab down that says find a show, pull up the Little Mermaid and a click on read full review

fakemyway2thetop
#88re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:43pm

Was this Brantley review worse than his Tarzan review? Hope they'll still be okay.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#89re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:43pm

Yeah, click on full review. I was signed into the Times so I got it.

And...ouch!

Just give the world Love.

fakemyway2thetop
#90re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:44pm

Is anyone having trouble getting to page 2 of the Times review? When I click on "next page", it just goes to nytimes home page.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#91re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:45pm

"Flotsam (Tyler Maynard) and Jetsam (Derrick Baskin), Ursula’s electric-eel henchmen, resemble revelers at Limelight, the departed New York dance club, on a dinosaur-theme night."

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

rosscoe(au)
#92re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:46pm

In my Life got some better reviews than this.

fakemyway2thetop
#93re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:46pm

got it.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#94re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:49pm

Wanna Be, I died when I read that.

So does anyone think that aside from not likeing the show, the critics are also getting a dig in at the director for not staying with the show until opening night? I heard a rumor that a small team was brought in a few weeks ago to work on the show.

Just give the world Love.

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#95re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:50pm

re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews

Guess what I am?

BroadwayBen
#96Who would have thought a year ago...
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:52pm

That both MERMAID and YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN would be trounced by the critics?

rosscoe(au)
#97re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews

Disney's next director!

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#98re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews

Sadly, I can almost imagine them selling that hat at the show merchandise counter.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#99re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:54pm

<<< "Flotsam (Tyler Maynard) and Jetsam (Derrick Baskin), Ursula’s electric-eel henchmen, resemble revelers at Limelight, the departed New York dance club, on a dinosaur-theme night." >>

Classic line !!! I like the show, but have to admit, this is hysterical !!!