pixeltracker

BLOOD BROTHERS dream concert staging... Thoughts?

BLOOD BROTHERS dream concert staging... Thoughts?

Josh Freilich
#1BLOOD BROTHERS dream concert staging... Thoughts?
Posted: 1/13/08 at 1:02pm

At Symphony Space or Carnegie Hall

with Kerry Butler as Mrs. Johnstone
Jonathan Groff as Narrator
Barrett Foa as Mickey Johnstone
Michael Arden as Eddie Lyons
Phoebe Strole as Linda
Lisa Howard as Mrs. Lyons
Herndon Lackey as Mr. Lyons
Brooke Sunny Moriber as Donna Marie/Miss Jones
Stephen Scott Scarpulla as Sammy Johnstone

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid
Updated On: 1/13/08 at 01:02 PM

Mattbrain
#2re: BLOOD BROTHERS dream concert staging... Thoughts?
Posted: 1/13/08 at 1:10pm

How old is Stephen now anyway?

I think Jonathan Groff is a little young to play the narrator. Same goes for Kerry Butler as Mrs. Johnstone. And why would you wanna waste talents like Phoebe Strole and Brooke Sunny Moriber on those roles.

Maybe Jonathan as Mickey and Michael arden as Eddie Lyons.

Beth Leavel as Mrs. Johnstone

Herndon Lackey would be good as Mr. Lyons.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Josh Freilich
#2re: BLOOD BROTHERS dream concert staging... Thoughts?
Posted: 1/13/08 at 1:25pm

Kerry played a mother in Miracle Brothers, and she currently is one now. She's old enough to play Mrs. Johnstone.

That was my first impression to have Jonathan Groff play Mickey. That was a better idea. Who would you think could play Linda?

I'd say Will Chase as the narrator.

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

SporkGoddess
#3re: BLOOD BROTHERS dream concert staging... Thoughts?
Posted: 1/13/08 at 1:47pm

I think that Blood Brothers needs a British cast, TBH. Maybe Kerry Ellis as Mrs. Johnstone.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#4re: BLOOD BROTHERS dream concert staging... Thoughts?
Posted: 1/13/08 at 2:13pm

Jonathan Groff as narrator? way too young!

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

senorvoce Profile Photo
senorvoce
#5re: BLOOD BROTHERS dream concert staging... Thoughts?
Posted: 1/14/08 at 12:20am

Kerry Butler was cute as a button in the original.

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#6re: BLOOD BROTHERS dream concert staging... Thoughts?
Posted: 1/14/08 at 8:55am

A "Dream Concert" of Blood Brothers without THE Mrs. Johnstone, Barbara Dickson? Blasphemy...

(I am serious, but I'm teasing at the same time... hehe)

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

Mattbrain
#7re: BLOOD BROTHERS dream concert staging... Thoughts?
Posted: 1/14/08 at 9:13am

I prefer Kiki Dee.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Josh Freilich
#8Delete
Posted: 1/15/08 at 1:21pm

This isn't as good an idea as I thought. Please disregard and delete this thread.

Videos