pixeltracker

Wicked, Pippin and Godspell on the Radio

Wicked, Pippin and Godspell on the Radio

eturner Profile Photo
eturner
#1Wicked, Pippin and Godspell on the Radio
Posted: 2/18/08 at 9:01pm

So This week on "Backstage with Liz" Im presenting the best of Stephen Schwartz: Wicked, Pippin, and Godspell, let me know if you have a favorite song from any of the shows and I will play it and make a shout out to you live on the air! Also check out some new info posted on my website www.thebirn,com/backstage-with-liz/ for news about upcoming musical theater performance in the boston area, as well as playlists from past shows. Thanks so much for listening and don't forget to tell all your friends as well! And one more thing if you write your own original musical theater peices, please contact me I would love to play them on the air!!
Also if you have an upcoming musical theater performance you would like to promote on the air let me know, as well as if you have just seen a show and want to talk about it on the air, I would love to have it! Feel free to contact me live on the air AIM: thebirn or phone in live 617-747-8791 or contact me personally eturner@berklee.net, AIM: Lizzi888

Liz Turner Singer-Actor-Dancer-Radio lizturnermusic@gmail.com www.lizturnersings.com *Contact me for private voice, piano, and clarinet lessons in Boston area or on Skype!

musicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
#2re: Wicked, Pippin and Godspell on the Radio
Posted: 2/18/08 at 9:13pm

corner of the sky
defying gravity
we beesech thee

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#2re: Wicked, Pippin and Godspell on the Radio
Posted: 2/18/08 at 9:22pm

The Wizard and I
What Is This Feeling

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

eturner Profile Photo
eturner
#5re: Wicked, Pippin and Godspell on the Radio
Posted: 2/18/08 at 9:44pm

You can listen to it online at www.thebirn.com It's the radio station at Berklee College of Music in Boston, all you have to do is go to the website, click on channel 1, and it will load into your itunes or other music player, it's easy and free!

Liz Turner Singer-Actor-Dancer-Radio lizturnermusic@gmail.com www.lizturnersings.com *Contact me for private voice, piano, and clarinet lessons in Boston area or on Skype!

mmousefan Profile Photo
mmousefan
#6re: Wicked, Pippin and Godspell on the Radio
Posted: 2/18/08 at 9:52pm

Not That Girl
For Good
Morning Glow
Marking Time (if you can find a recording, cut from PIPPIN, maybe on BANNED IN BOSTON series of CD's)
Good Time Ladies Rag (if you can find the lyrics recorded, it's the dance music for the Manson Trio, but the words were cut from PIPPIN)
some of the 2000 tour versions of GODSPELL songs, the arrangements are great and more contemporary

just keep swimming along, don't rise to the....

#7re: Wicked, Pippin and Godspell on the Radio
Posted: 2/18/08 at 10:07pm

No Good Deed, As Long as Your Mine
Glory, Finale
Day by Day

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#8re: Wicked, Pippin and Godspell on the Radio
Posted: 2/18/08 at 10:12pm

Day by day
No One Mourns the Wicked
No Good Deed
I'm not that girl

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

mmousefan Profile Photo
mmousefan
#9re: Wicked, Pippin and Godspell on the Radio
Posted: 2/18/08 at 10:12pm

I forgot about GLORY...love that song. Hell, stay all night and play them ALL!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#10re: Wicked, Pippin and Godspell on the Radio
Posted: 2/18/08 at 10:14pm

How about "Out There" and "God Help the Outcasts"? I know he didn't write the music for Hunchback, but I think it's his best lyrical effort.

mmousefan Profile Photo
mmousefan
#11re: Wicked, Pippin and Godspell on the Radio
Posted: 2/18/08 at 10:15pm

I agree if you're going outside the three titles, some of Schwartz's best lyric writing is when someone else sets his form and he has to "fit" to it.....(another composer).

Videos