Nederlander Renovation

cello_dude Profile Photo
cello_dude
#1Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 1:44pm

So with RENT closing this theater is soon gonna get a major facelift. I was wondering if the nederlander has a pit, and will be used for musicals? or do you think it will be used mainly for plays like in the days before rent

sydney23 Profile Photo
sydney23
#2re: Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 1:53pm

it has a pit.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#2re: Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 3:27pm

It does NOT have a pit.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

mauriposa
#3re: Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 3:34pm

Wait. There were days before RENT?

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/21/08 at 3:46pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 03:46 PM

george95
#5re: Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 4:27pm

When I sat in the 2nd row on Sunday night, I did take a close look at the environs of the Nederlander. I swear it was the first time I ever saw people sit in the boxes actually. And there sure didn't seem to be a pit either, unless it was somehow cover for REnt's run.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#6re: Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 5:32pm

re: Nederlander Renovation

It has an orchestra pit in this picture.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/21/08 at 5:34pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 05:34 PM

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#8re: Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 5:35pm

No need to worry about this. ReNt will be resurrected like the phoenix of Broadway.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

george95
#9re: Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 5:38pm

I can't believe that's the Nederlander!

broadwaybaby086
#10re: Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 5:43pm

Wow, it looks gorgeous.

I read somewhere that the pit was where the lotto seats are.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#11re: Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 5:44pm

It USED to look nice.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

RentBoy86
#12re: Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 5:47pm

When it tours they cover the orchestra pit and use that for the student rush tickets, so maybe that's what they've been doing on B'way?

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#13re: Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 5:58pm

Hopefully after the renovation, it'll look more like the theatre in that photo. That looks NOTHING like the theatre in its current state.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#14re: Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 6:37pm

Most theatres can cover their pits.I know at the theatre i work we can cover over our enormous pit so it looks like there isnt want there

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#15re: Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 6:42pm

Several musicals played there before Rent.

"Have they come yet?"

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#16re: Nederlander Renovation
Posted: 2/21/08 at 6:48pm

Yeah, most theatres can cover the pit if it's not in use. Some theatres can even raise the pit to the floor level and add a row or two of seats.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible