obsessedjb
#50re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/25/08 at 6:39pm

outdamnwench, when did you hear that?

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
PlayhouseBeauty
#51re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/25/08 at 6:43pm

No...Stephanie is rarely out...She has a very good attendance record...Except for the two or three weeks she left the show to get married and go on her honeymoon! :)

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#52re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/25/08 at 6:46pm

Has Annaleigh been out yet? Because I haven't heard about her being out.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#53re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/25/08 at 6:47pm

I heard that Annaleigh has missed one or two shows her entire run.

threatXthree
#54re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/25/08 at 7:39pm

Did anyone else realize that if Kerry is only gonna be here for a couple of months...WHO are they holding out for? Kerry returns to the London production at the end of the year; June to December is only 6 months. Nearly all actresses who have played Elphaba have had at least 10 months in their role (Ana: 3 months on Broadway, Julia: 9 months on Broadway).

Unless they really wanted Kerry to come to Broadway; cause to me, a transatlantic cross for only a few months seems a little much.
Updated On: 2/25/08 at 07:39 PM

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#55re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/25/08 at 7:43pm

she sounds fantastic, but I wish Broadway could get a brand new Elphie of our own!

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#56re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/25/08 at 7:49pm

I think Kate Shindle would make an amazing Elphaba. And if Annaleigh stayed it would be cool to have two LB alumni.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#57re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/25/08 at 7:52pm

"I heard that Kendra was supposed to come back a few months after Annaleigh started but just after she left, the deal fell through and Annaleigh's contract was extended."

I think you are referring to the original plan, in which Annaleigh was only going to be there until January and then Kendra would come back. That deal fell through. Now Annaleigh is there 'til April 20th and I don't think she'll extend past that. (I'm hoping she does Catch Me If You Can... sorry OT)
Updated On: 2/25/08 at 07:52 PM

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#58re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/25/08 at 7:58pm

Thank you for the answers. Now I need to decide if I want to see Annaleigh or her replacement.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#59re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/25/08 at 8:49pm

Count yourselves lucky that you are getting Kerry as Elphaba. She is the best person I have yet seen in the role and absolutely blew me away. Get ready for a powerhouse voice.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#60re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/25/08 at 8:59pm

Now we wait to hear if this is an indication of Steph's last day or if they are bringing someone to fill in for Elphaba before Kerry takes over.

Congrats and best wishes to Kerry!

outdamnwench
#61re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/25/08 at 11:22pm

"I heard that Kendra was supposed to come back a few months after Annaleigh started but just after she left, the deal fell through and Annaleigh's contract was extended."

I think you are referring to the original plan, in which Annaleigh was only going to be there until January and then Kendra would come back. That deal fell through. Now Annaleigh is there 'til April 20th and I don't think she'll extend past that. (I'm hoping she does Catch Me If You Can... sorry OT)

Yup, that's what I heard.

Rentfan931
#62re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:42am

Sort of off topic but does anyone know when Lenny Wolpe is scheduled to leave the show?

rewritemystory
#63re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/26/08 at 11:21pm

"Please don't mention Hellen Dallimore! I'm sure she's a very nice person but her voice is possibly the most annoying sound known to man. She runs around the stage shrieking like a banshee."
IMO, Dianne Pilkington is far worse. Her voice is painful to me.

I do not think they will bring in a Glinda from London, not when Miriam and Kerry will be there already.

I'm not too happy about this. Kerry's acting has come under a lot of fire.

Oh well. I have tickets for SJB. And I guess this means I won't have to go back this summer. I'd much rather see the fabulous tour cast.

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#64re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/27/08 at 12:34am

Updated On: 2/27/08 at 12:34 AM

figgy1978
#65re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/27/08 at 11:20am

i saw Idina with the Original London Cast and have seen Kerry with the latest cast. I have to say Kerry was by far the best. Her interaction with the other cast made the show much more enjoyable.

joleslie
#66re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/27/08 at 5:09pm

I've seen Kerry in London, Kerry's understudy in London (I can't remember her name), Eden Espinosa in Los Angeles, and Stephanie J Block in New York.

I have to say Kerry is my favourite, with Stephanie being a close second. The others are nowhere near.

markus907
#67re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/27/08 at 5:13pm

Going back to the Glinda thing. I believe I remember hearing a possibility of Christina DeCicco coming to Broadway. She's absolutely amazing! (and sadly underrated)

NYC4Life Profile Photo
NYC4Life
#68re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/27/08 at 7:11pm

it seems so boring they keep using the same women over and over in these roles. I hope this is the last time Block puts on that green make-up.

pli1018
#69re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 2/27/08 at 7:16pm

I definitely don't want Kendra coming back. Send her to LA or something, she's already been a Broadway Glinda. Hasn't she played it enough?

While I'd love Annaleigh to extend because I haven't seen her in Wicked, I strongly hope she will be a part of the Catch Me If You Can cast.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#70re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 3/2/08 at 1:43pm

anyone know when Steph's last show is? She told me it was late April last week but wasn't 100% sure and now that Kerry is starting in mid-june. Maybe it has changed since I asked her?
Updated On: 3/2/08 at 01:43 PM

groovy-hoover Profile Photo
groovy-hoover
#71re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 3/2/08 at 4:24pm

I want Coleen Sexton to be Elphaba on Broadway. Well I'd prefer West End 'cos that's where I am...:P.

You guys are lucky to be having Kerry Ellis, she's bloody good..:)

bardolator
#72re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 3/2/08 at 6:56pm

"it seems so boring they keep using the same women over and over in these roles. I hope this is the last time Block puts on that green make-up."

I love her Elphaba--but I do think (just my personal opinion; I don't have any special knowledge or anything) that this will be it. I think she was right to do Wicked on Broadway; it has to have been like running through the tape at the end of a race--plus which, she got to reunite with Sebastian and then with Lenny and David (both of whom I believe were part of the original workshop cast with her). If Kendra returns, it may be for a limited run--and it would be fun for them to play opposite each other for a short time.

Stephanie seems to enjoy originating roles; I'm betting she's had her fill of the green and will have plenty of other work to keep her busy from here on out.

Tiny_Dancer Profile Photo
Tiny_Dancer
#73re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 3/2/08 at 9:53pm

Stephanie is in until the 15th of April, with a scheduled vacation at some point.

Do Something!!!! www.one.org

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#74re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 3/2/08 at 10:03pm

a Tuesday? That seems so random to me. I know she'll be in LA from March 27-29.