Wicked Tickets

ElevatorKisses Profile Photo
ElevatorKisses
#1Wicked Tickets
Posted: 3/17/08 at 8:20pm

My family is taking a trip to New York from April 23rd to the 27th. I have been waiting all year for this trip and then some. We are staying at the Sheraton in Times Square and have tickets to the Little Mermaid. Sorry I was just excited, now to my point...is it possible to buy tickets for Wicked the day of the show? I saw it a year ago or so with my dad but my mom had knee surgery and missed it. She is the BIGGEST wizard of oz fanatic I know and it would be such a treat for her. My dad doesnt want to buy them now ontop of all the vacation payments. He said if they are available we will buy them when we get there. So what I am asking, is that possible? What is the best way to handle that?

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Wicked Tickets
Posted: 3/17/08 at 8:31pm

Most likely they will be sold out day of. You can try lotto, but your chances of getting everyone in your family in are slim. Your best bet would to buy tickets in advance.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#2re: Wicked Tickets
Posted: 3/17/08 at 8:39pm

What about cancellation tickets?

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#3re: Wicked Tickets
Posted: 3/17/08 at 8:41pm

With Wicked? Very few I bet! I would tell your dad that it very unlikely because it almost always sells out, you may not even be able to get them now

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

bwaydoc Profile Photo
bwaydoc
#4re: Wicked Tickets
Posted: 3/17/08 at 8:43pm

You can definitely get cancellation tickets. I have seen Wicked in NYC several times and have always gotten my tickets the day of through cancellation. As long as you're one of the first few people in line you should be safe.

I wish I could go back to college. Life was so simple back then. - Kate Monster.

"Who here feels like they have no idea what they're doing?" - George, Grey's Anatomy

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#5re: Wicked Tickets
Posted: 3/17/08 at 8:45pm

go on ticketmaster.com right now. there are tickets available for those dates.

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#6re: Wicked Tickets
Posted: 3/17/08 at 9:10pm

scalpers...

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

grayson1103
#7re: Wicked Tickets
Posted: 3/17/08 at 10:11pm

So how early is being the first in line?

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#8re: Wicked Tickets
Posted: 3/17/08 at 11:26pm

I can almost guarantee you that you will able to get cancellation tickets. I have done this many times. Have fun!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#9re: Wicked Tickets
Posted: 3/18/08 at 10:47am

It sounds like your dad isnt wanting to fork over cash for WICKED tix by saying he will get them when he gets there ( which is slim). You might just need to level with Dad that your mom would like to see it and to get you and Mom tix in advance. Otherwise, it is the insane lottery.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

#10re: Wicked Tickets
Posted: 3/18/08 at 11:33am

Why wait? Buy em now and save a whole morning of standing and hoping.

Videos