pixeltracker

I Saw the Movie Doubt Tonight and You Didn't- Page 2

I Saw the Movie Doubt Tonight and You Didn't

Roscoe
#25re: I Saw the Movie Doubt Tonight and You Didn't
Posted: 4/11/08 at 3:14pm

Oscar buzz? For Meryl Streep and the fat guy? What on earth makes you think that they'd want Oscar buzz?

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#26re: I Saw the Movie Doubt Tonight and You Didn't
Posted: 4/11/08 at 3:19pm

There already is Oscar buzz, but we all know that means nothing this early in the game.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#27re: I Saw the Movie Doubt Tonight and You Didn't
Posted: 4/11/08 at 3:42pm

"She doesn't have an Irish accent instead she has a Bronx accent."

Um...good? That should be the case. Why the hell would she have used an Irish accent? Sister Aloysius is from the Bronx, not Ireland. It's designated in the script that she have a Bronx dialect.

hollywearsprada Profile Photo
hollywearsprada
#28re: I Saw the Movie Doubt Tonight and You Didn't
Posted: 4/11/08 at 7:35pm

I'm confused.

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_goldderby/2008/04/doubt-it-there.html

"That's my trouble! I'm a bagel on a plate full of onion rolls!"
Updated On: 4/11/08 at 07:35 PM

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#29re: I Saw the Movie Doubt Tonight and You Didn't
Posted: 4/11/08 at 7:45pm

Eek!

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#30re: I Saw the Movie Doubt Tonight and You Didn't
Posted: 4/11/08 at 7:46pm

LOL

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
Sumofallthings
#32re: I Saw the Movie Doubt Tonight and You Didn't
Posted: 4/11/08 at 7:53pm

We inadvertently messed with Hollywood at it's highest echelons! That's crazy!

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"
Updated On: 4/11/08 at 07:53 PM

Muhlethaler
#33re: I Saw the Movie Doubt Tonight and You Didn't
Posted: 4/11/08 at 7:58pm

Updated On: 6/18/20 at 07:58 PM

Sumofallthings
#34re: I Saw the Movie Doubt Tonight and You Didn't
Posted: 4/11/08 at 10:53pm

NEWS! NEWS!

Tom O'Neill took back that statement that there was no screening!

Sasha — sorry to cause further confusion! Now Miramax has flipflopped and says there WAS a test screening, but the studio wasn’t involved. ‘Twas done by producer Scott Rudin. What’s odd: I checked with one of Rudin’s film reps at 42 West earlier today and he didn’t seem to know about this test either! What the heck’s going on? Don’t these people talk to each other???? Sorry for this mixup. I just posted the update at TheEnvelope, too —

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_goldderby/2008/04/correction-ther.html

#35re: I Saw the Movie Doubt Tonight and You Didn't
Posted: 4/12/08 at 1:40pm

hi, beltingfordummies. I have some questions to ask you about this film Doubt and the pre-screening you attended. I am a great fan of this play and Meryl Streep.

Have you seen the play on stage? What is the difference of performance between Meryl Streep and Cherry Jone with this nun role? Is the film version very stagy? And Does it have music now?

Can I have your email address? (you can PM me) thank you very much.

rickyc711
#36re: I Saw the Movie Doubt Tonight and You Didn't
Posted: 4/14/08 at 12:36pm

Hi...I don't know if you'll see this...I was wondering how my daughter fared or screened, she played noreen Horan...the Flirty Girl...

MargI
#37re: I Saw the Movie Doubt Tonight and You Didn't
Posted: 4/15/08 at 7:34pm

Hi I'm wondering if there was a scene in Doubt at the church where Amy Adams sneezes during Hoffman's Homily and a little red headed girl says "God Bless you Sister"??? I'd appreciate your response!! Thanks Marg

Latest Posts