pixeltracker

The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)- Page 20

The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#475re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:21pm

The new owners don't take possession until sometime in 2010.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#476re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:22pm

LOL

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#477re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:24pm

I thought it was the 09-10 season. But who knows what kind of clauses were written into the deal that we have no clue about.

That said, I don't think they have anything transfer-ready at this very moment, so I doubt it has anything to do with 2econd Stage. I'm slightly more edgy about a theory posited on the now-deleted thread. Which I don't think would help that show either...not by pushing another show out early.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#478re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:30pm

What 'other' show is everyone on about here????

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

dlass727 Profile Photo
dlass727
#479re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 3:11pm

Wickedboy2 go post on a West End or Wicked message board and leave us Fanadu's alone. No one needs your sarcasm right now. This thread is for fans to talk about their feelings for the show and the people involved with the show. If you are so involved in the theatre then what the hell are you doing posting on fan based message board threads every few minutes? You must be REAL important in the business!

Upcoming shows:

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#480re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 3:12pm

This makes me very sad, yet the crap playing at the Lyceum will be open a couple of more weeks.

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#481re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 3:19pm

More important than you will ever be darling. Im just enjoying watching people make fools over themselves all because a Broadway show is closing!
Its hysterical.
You wouldn't believe how many silent people one here are watching you disintergate! Who says i cant post here?
Go get a life little one X

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#482re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 3:24pm

This is so very sad...

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

kate2
#483re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 3:28pm

re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!) I'll be there on Sunday.

Ed_Mottershead
#484re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 3:30pm

Almost as sad as the insensitivity of some bitter old queen from across the pond who has nothing better to do than make sarcastic remarks. Guess he/she is out of work right now, since he/she has so much time on his/her hands. On the dole, I would guess.

BroadwayEd

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#485re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 3:32pm

Its 8.30 at night DUMB BOY!

Updated On: 9/23/08 at 03:32 PM

FuturePenny2
#486re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 4:12pm

I can't believe this...

He's so nurturing! - Penny Pingleton, Hairspray

defyinggravity42694 Profile Photo
defyinggravity42694
#487re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 4:18pm

I'm so sad, I loved this show. My first time seeing it, I got tickets to it not knowing the story, and simply got the tickets because I saw "on-stage" seats and just had to get them, I have always dreamed of being on a Broadway stage and XANADU gave me that chance. I also just fell in love with the show! I saw it a second time with Whoopi, loved it all over again. I had tickets for October 12th, now I have for this Sunday, it will be a very sad day.

Wickedboy, do you really think it is smart to annoy a ton of sad/frustrated fans? Go back to your board, or you will see what really happens when someone is disliked on the Broadway board.

Goodbye

Ed_Mottershead
#488re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:55pm

I was able to nab a not-so-great orchestra seat for this Sunday's performance. Telecharge was really nice about it. I'd had one for the October 12th performance and they notified me right away. And you know what? If the powers that be changed their minds AGAIN (I know, not likely) I wouldn't hold it against them -- just be grateful for yet another opportunity to see the show.

Now let's see what we can do to discourage some of our nasty posters from across the pond to stop insulting us all the time.

BroadwayEd

tourboi
#489re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 7:08pm

The notion that something else is afoot is silly. Yes, the original closing date was selling well. That ONE PERFORMANCE was selling well. The performances between now and then? Not so much. They announced the original date over a week ago, and guess what? This week saw very little change in the gross. Two horrible, money losing weeks in a row. Everyone was buying up that last show, and nothing before then. They probably would have lost a LOT more money had they stayed open.

I'm sure they appreciate the fans (God knows I appreciate the die hard fans of my own show), but a good producer knows when it's time to call it quits. And if the sales looked just as bad for next week, and the weeks after, it makes sense to close now and stop the money losses. It sucks, but it's the business.

A show doesn't continue to run on Broadway for it's fanbase. A show continues to run on Broadway because it's making enough to do so.

It really is sad. I'm going to miss having XAN on the Great White Way. But it's understandable, that's all I'm saying.

Why continue to dwell on the depressing side of things, when one can look forward to the bright future this show will have on the road, and in the regionals.

coolkid11776
#490re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 7:31pm

Would anyone be willing to trade tickets for either one of the last Matinee for Awesome 80' or FB tix?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#491re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 7:34pm

^^^
GO THE F*CK AWAY. NO ONE WOULD EVER TRADE THE CLOSING WEEKEND OF A BWAY SHOW FOR FRICKEN FORBIDDEN BROADWAY OR AWSOME 80'S!!!!!!!

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

Parks
#492re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 7:43pm

It's been a rough day for me... I couldn't even focus on my math test.

I did poorly on my test because the show's closing notice.
The show is closing because of the economy.
The economy is Bush's fault.
I fail out of college because of Bush.

What a jerk.

I have onstage tickets for Thursday (CANNOT wait) and tickets in the balcony for Sunday. It's going to be a very emotional weekend.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

ChristopherDurangFan
#493re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 9:35pm

Is Kerry going to be on Friday night?

If not, I'm going to find where she is and drag her on stage.

Parks
#494re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 9:38pm

I doubt she'd miss at this point. I really hope she doesn't, anyway.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

defyinggravity42694 Profile Photo
defyinggravity42694
#495re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/24/08 at 12:51am

When Xanadu first opened, before I had any interest I thought Xanadu was pronounced as "ex-ana-du". Sad, right?

Still can't believe it's closing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWrKGP7UMps

Goodbye

Parks
#496re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/24/08 at 1:31am

I had no idea what it was when it was announced... or why anyone cared about it so much. I didn't know it was a cinematic flop or anything. It all sounded very weird to me.

Wasn't Cheyenne not originally set to play Sonny? Wasn't it some other guy? Crazy how that worked out... I can't imagine anyone else in the part.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#497re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/24/08 at 3:17pm

Patti and Curtis are engaged! So happy for them :)

Ed_Mottershead
#498re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/24/08 at 3:53pm

They're great people and deserve each other. Happy Wedding Bells!!

BroadwayEd

EddieGoing Profile Photo
EddieGoing
#499re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/24/08 at 3:56pm

drama RAMA :)
Xanadu Closing (Strange Magic Remix)

"Because no battle is ever won he said. They are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and despair, and victory is an allusion of philosophers and fools." :) -William Faulkner