Fastest quick changes

DefyGravity777
#50re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 3:05pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LMAO at Brandy's face.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

felineofavenueb Profile Photo
felineofavenueb
#51re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 3:21pm

I was wondering when someone was going to mention 42nd Street; the costume changes in that are ridiculous for just about everybody but Dorothy, Abner, and Julian.

In Annie Get Your Gun, Annie has a pretty brutal one from the end of the first "No Business Like Showbusiness" reprise into wen she has to be nice and polished when she joins the company in the next scene on the train; it's pretty much the end of the song, four lines, and she's onstage again.

Jon
#52re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 5:19pm

I remember being quite impressed by Molina's change from his prison garb into the white tuxedo at the end of KISS OF THE SPIDERWOMAN.

candydog2
#53re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 5:20pm

Glinda's are pretty quick - especially one short day and Dear Old Shiz

Show Off in Drowsy Chaperone is the quickest I've ever seen though! Just the twirl of an umbrella and it's done - not sure if it counts as it's onstage, but it's pretty cool to watch and gets a gasp from the audience.

cello_dude Profile Photo
cello_dude
#54re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 5:22pm

2 that come to mind

-the plates in BATB change into napkins in about 25 sec during "Be Our Guest"

- all four ladies at the end of Drowsy Chaperone when they change into their wedding dresses

metropolis10111 Profile Photo
metropolis10111
#55re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 5:25pm

What about the many changes Eva does in the Good Night and Thank You number in Evita?

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#56re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 6:27pm

Oh, you poor dears. I had no idea 'America's Got Talent' forced you all to sit through Piers Morgan as well. You have my sympathies. re: Fastest quick changes

SirNotAppearing Profile Photo
SirNotAppearing
#57re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 6:46pm

Trace shoulda won Celebrity Apprentice.

WE WAS ROBBED!

JulianHookbucks Profile Photo
JulianHookbucks
#58re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 6:54pm

Christine's Think of Me Change is no big deal... they bring out a bigger skirt...

Elphaba and Glinda have no big deal before One Short Day... Elphaba just has to change her top... and Glinda has to get out of the white Shiz dress and put on different shoes and a one piece yellow dress... Kristin had earrings, but I don't know what they do now... Glinda's is more substancial... And they have about 30 seconds... not 7... What show did you see?

Glinda's bubble to Shzi dress is just a wig change which is no big deal because she walks onstage, does a short scene and then walks back off to secure the wig.. but she does have the shoes and the skirt on under the bubble gown... she then takes off the one piece bubble dress (I don't know how the collar detaches..) and puts on the white jacket and new wig... 7 seconds... so, it's not a HUGE change, but impressive.

Janet starts off with the yellow... which is just a smock (much like the white Elle entrance gown) they take off the lower skirt, then she rips that one off and has the red, pink and orange which is magnetically put on over the red, white and blue. She takes it off, and stuffs it inside the top of the umbrella. The blue skirt is kept up inside the orange and pink... you can actually see the skirt fall in the TONY video if you look reallly closely. She finishes the number in that one (minus the straight jacket) Then the change into the opera coat is a quicky, but that is just throw it over the red, white and blue and go back on for the encore.

The cast of legally blonde is all under-dressed under their robes... no big deal...

Millie is under-dressed, wig change and maybe the shoe change... except in Susan Egan's case... she had her hair cut into the bob, and they used a fall with a headband...

Yeah... Elle in the beginning, we all know how that one goes...

Her change into jeans is probably one of her hardest changes in the show...

and yeah... pink dress under the coat... it's even the same shoes... look closer.

I love that they use a double for Eva who when she's in the long feathered dressing gown during "Goodnight and Thank You", she gives her latest man something out of the door... and her arm is clearly coming from the wrong side.

that's a really big mic...

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#60re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 9:30pm

Already mentioned.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Becky2 Profile Photo
Becky2
#61re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 9:37pm

Meg has some really fast changes in POTO. She goes from the Degas costume at the end of Prima Donna to the jeweler's assistant cosstume for Il Muto and then has about six seconds to change into the Il Muto ballet costume. (And then back into the jeweler's assisstant costume, though she has two songs to do that.)

ErikInTheCity
#62re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/16/08 at 2:02am

I'm remembering a darn fast change for the Mysterious Man/Narrator in the original production of ITW. After the MM dies, and the Witch is making her transformation upstage, he exits, makes the change, and then reenters as the Narrator. Even when I did it back in high school, it was 7 seconds flat, exit to entrance.

andsym9001
#63re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/16/08 at 7:33pm

you can see the hole in the top of the umbrella where she puts the outfit. mara davi was pretty clumsy that night. even from 12 rows back i could see it.

Gypsy9 Profile Photo
Gypsy9
#64re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/16/08 at 7:50pm

The strobe light transition scene in GYPSY where the young newsboys are replaced by the older actors, all while seemingly dancing in place. This effect of the passage of time originated with director-choreographer Jerome Robbins for the original 1959 production and has been used in all subsequent Broadway productions. I just love that scene!

"Madam Rose...and her daughter...Gypsy!"

shatteredheart Profile Photo
shatteredheart
#65re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/16/08 at 8:08pm

"and yeah... pink dress under the coat... it's even the same shoes... look closer. "

Yes, the pink dress is under the coat, but not the same shoes. There is a shoe change in the closet to pink shoes. Whole change takes under 10 seconds.

You know in a way I owe it all to you. I thought losing you was a blow I could never withstand. Look how far I have come without anyone holding my hand. The day you broke my heart you handed me the chance to make a brand new start. You helped me find my way. There's still so much to learn. So many dreams to earn. But, even if I crash and burn ten times a day. I think I'm here to stay. I'm gonna find my way.

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#66re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/16/08 at 8:22pm

Does anyone know if Bernadette's transformation in ITTW is somewhere online?

IheartJ-TAGS Profile Photo
IheartJ-TAGS
#67re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/17/08 at 1:20am

ShatteredHeart, you are incorrect. It is the same shoes. She just ditches the coat.

shatteredheart Profile Photo
shatteredheart
#68re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/17/08 at 2:39am

Is it different now than in San Francisco? Because there she did change her shoes.

You know in a way I owe it all to you. I thought losing you was a blow I could never withstand. Look how far I have come without anyone holding my hand. The day you broke my heart you handed me the chance to make a brand new start. You helped me find my way. There's still so much to learn. So many dreams to earn. But, even if I crash and burn ten times a day. I think I'm here to stay. I'm gonna find my way.

COOOOLkid
#69re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/17/08 at 4:33am

I'm going to say many instances in Side Show, as well.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Jon
#70re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/17/08 at 1:11pm

I've seen the Mysterious man back to Narrator change done onstage, in full view of the audience. MM removes his hat/wig, beard and cloak, and someone hands him his suit jacket.