News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Becky2

Becky2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Becky2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.angelfire.com/music4/becky
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Mandy Patinkin and Patty Lupone
 Mar 12 2009, 09:57:10 AM
I'm seeing them in Michigan in April. A friend got tickets for us, and she was really excited to get third row tickets for $80.

And not that she would do it anyway, but I did warn her not to take pictures

re: Thoughts: 'Repo: The Genetic Opera' on Broadway?
 Nov 10 2008, 08:58:46 AM
I haven't seen the movie yet, and I've only seen a couple of clips from the various stage versions. But as of now I wouldn't be opposed to it. It would more than likely need to be reworked. I know there were things about the stage clips I saw that weren't so great, but I think it it was tweaked, it would be far better. But the shows different, so I'd like to see it reworked for Broadway. We don't get a lot of "different" on Broadway these days it seems.

As for Paris Hilton being in it.

re: Wharton Center in East Lansing Michigan
 Aug 18 2008, 10:46:36 AM
I agree, get tickets more toward the center. The last time I was there I was in seat 29 in row B, and those were excellent seats.
re: Your thoughts on something Patti said at the stage door...?
 Aug 17 2008, 09:42:50 AM
I agree that she could have phrased it better. But that happens to everyone, I suppose. I know there have been times where I've said things, and then later recognized in what ways I could have said it better. And in her defense, she was being honest (probably doing the guy a favor!) People who want this to be their career need to be prepared for the hard work involoved, as well as the fact that they may never succeed at it at all. I know there are a lot of talented performers in the world who ar
re: Embarrassed to Admit: Lyric Flubs
 Jul 18 2008, 10:18:19 AM
The first several times I heard "See, I'm Smiling," I thought the lyric was "mahhhveouls, novelist Jew!" as well before I looked the lyrics up.

But I think we should officially change the lyric in "Still Hurting" from "upon" to "bomb." :)

re: Stage Dooring Standards and Protocol
 Jul 16 2008, 05:23:02 PM
I think it's most important to remember that actors are people: They have bad days when they're cranky and will snap at anyone, they have lives outside the theatre and things to do. I know when I leave work, I'm focused on getting home. And if it's been a bad day, I'm not the most agreeable person. :)
re: The Phantom sequel sounds like such a joke...
 Jul 5 2008, 11:56:46 AM
I think the fact that the rest of the world knows this is a good idea might even be fueling Webber to continue with this atrocity. He's off his rocker so much that he thinks "well! I'll show them, this will be wonderful! I'll prove them all wrong." But... He won't.

Webber needs a hobby. He should take up crossword puzzles as he watches royalties from the original POTO continue to steadily roll in.

re: First Stage Door Experience
 Jun 26 2008, 12:08:09 PM
I've only gone stage dooring once, as I'm realy shy about it. But I was in Vegas with my biological mother and her husband about two weeks after meeting her for the first time. I frequent a message board where the person playing "Meg" also posts, and I had mentioned somewhere that I was seeing the show that night. We went to the show, and afterwords we started walking away when we decided to go back to see if we could talk with her for a while. She was outside the "stage door" looking for us, an
re: Most Uncomfortable Theatre Moments with your parents
 Jun 21 2008, 08:33:47 AM
I've actually only been to the theatre with my mother twice, one being a community production of A Chorus Line. A friend of mine, who she's known since he was a wee little one, was in it. I warned her ahead of time, though, that he would be singing about gonarrhea. It really wasn't too terribly awkward.
What was really awkward was taking her to a couple of Ozzfests and heavy metal concerts. :)

re: Fastest quick changes
 May 13 2008, 09:37:05 PM
Meg has some really fast changes in POTO. She goes from the Degas costume at the end of Prima Donna to the jeweler's assistant cosstume for Il Muto and then has about six seconds to change into the Il Muto ballet costume. (And then back into the jeweler's assisstant costume, though she has two songs to do that.)
re: Les Miserables FULL recording?
 Apr 28 2008, 09:45:20 AM
There's an additional verse in "Lovely Ladies" that I've seen on stage, but I have yet to find it included in any cast recordings (but I'm limited to the English cast recordings and the French revival). Is it included in any of the other non-English cast recordings by any chance?
re: Sweeney Todd Tour Review 4/23
 Apr 26 2008, 10:28:07 AM
I was thinking about the revival version not too long ago, and though I like it, I'm wondering how easy it would be for someone who's never seen the original stage show to follow what was going on.
re: ALW on AI tomorrow night...
 Apr 22 2008, 10:05:13 AM
I've never watched the show, but I would be really impressed if someone actually picked a more obscure Webber song. In other words, nothing from "Cats." I might have a mild heart attack if one of the contestants picked something from Woman in White or Song and Dance.
re: College Censorship of Plays (Specifically, DOG SEES GOD) -- advice want
 Apr 22 2008, 09:17:59 AM
I've never known of a university to censor any theatre performances, regardless of language or content. They just put a warning on all advertizements and such. I would say pose that suggestion, that way those who would be offended would know not to attend, and you'd still be able to perform the play in its entirety.
re: Great guitar solos in Broadway musicals...
 Apr 20 2008, 10:41:58 AM
eh, I've yet to hear a really impressive guitar solo... But then again, my standards are really high, having grown up listening to some of the most talented heavy/death metal guitarists. And some of those solos wouldn't exactly work with most Broadway shows
re: Do You Think People Hate Idina Because of Her Fans?
 Apr 20 2008, 10:39:30 AM
I don't dislike Idina Menzel, but I'm not crazy about her either. I think many people, whether they like her or not, resent the fact that she is portrayed as being "the best" Broadway actor today. There is so much talent out there that also deserves some recognition.
re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
 Apr 15 2008, 08:36:25 AM
I'm sure there are stagedooring fans who can be pretty rude, and if a performer is having a bad day, they might not want to deal with a possibly annoying crowd.

One reason I'm sure I could never do a Disney show though, I really hate kids, and having to stand out there and talk to them would be terribly awkward and uncomfortable.

re: WICKED - THE UGLIEST LOOKING MOST SUCCESSFUL SHOW EVER?
 Mar 25 2008, 02:50:03 PM
I'm not sure that most people judge a musical based on how "pretty" it looks... There are some musicals where visual attractiveness is inappropriate for the show.

Glinda's dress at the beginning and finale is awfully pretty though, in my opinion

re: Member's Only Preview of Big New Site Feature - BETA
 Mar 3 2008, 12:53:50 PM
I'm really liking it so far!
re: Lestat Cast Recording
 Feb 11 2008, 09:18:11 PM
If there were a Tony category for the worst musical of the year with the best cast, Lestat so would have won that year. :)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You