Saved-Student rush

sweeneynut Profile Photo
sweeneynut
#1Saved-Student rush
Posted: 5/14/08 at 4:15pm

I don't really know if this deserves its own thread, but had anyone tried to rush Saved yet, besides the 5/10 performance that someone posted about in the other thread? If you have, what time do you recommend showing up to get tickets (more or less than the hour before the show they start selling them)? And, do they reserve the loge for student rush? I was under the impression that it was whatever was available, but it seems like you can't buy loge seats for any performance.

"My muffin top is all that/whole grain and low-fat/I know you want a piece of that/But I just wanna dance!"

DidYouReallyHearMe
#2re: Saved-Student rush
Posted: 5/14/08 at 4:21pm

The loge isn't reserved for rush.

But...lately they've had people place their names on a list and if there were any left before the show starts you get them.

I hear it's been quite difficult due to the advance sale and the show's popularity.

sweeneynut Profile Photo
sweeneynut
#2re: Saved-Student rush
Posted: 5/14/08 at 4:39pm

Thanks! You wouldn't happen to know if people are getting there more than an hour before showtime, would you?

"My muffin top is all that/whole grain and low-fat/I know you want a piece of that/But I just wanna dance!"

softershade Profile Photo
softershade
#3re: Saved-Student rush
Posted: 5/14/08 at 5:22pm

I tried to rush for the Sunday evening show and I got there an hour before and people were already lined up. Also they were giving the available tickets away to people who put their names down for full price tickets before the students. I didn't end up getting a ticket, but two people infront of me who asked for student tickets were lucky and did.
Updated On: 5/14/08 at 05:22 PM

carolineorchange Profile Photo
carolineorchange
#4re: Saved-Student rush
Posted: 5/14/08 at 6:31pm

I rushed yesterday and there was a line. I would just get there early. The BO person didn't mention a list to me, he actually told us to start a line. And a kinda big line eventually did form. I don't think everyone got in, and this was a Tuesday.

And our seats were great. They were in the first row of the Loge, center. I saw the others who rushed were seated all over, in both the front section and the loge.

I think the rush seats are just what is left over, so the seats vary every night. There is no way the seats we had were reserved specifically for rush.

http://50footrule.blogspot.com

Broadway212 Profile Photo
Broadway212
#5re: Saved-Student rush
Posted: 5/14/08 at 8:35pm

Is the first row to close to the stage. Is it better to get a few rows back

carolineorchange Profile Photo
carolineorchange
#6re: Saved-Student rush
Posted: 5/14/08 at 8:52pm

further back is better, but it's such a small house, there really isn't a bad seat.

http://50footrule.blogspot.com

Broadway212
#7re: Saved-Student rush
Posted: 5/14/08 at 8:56pm

thanks I got a front row seat for a few weeks from now it was that or like 10 rows back I like to sit closer

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#8re: Saved-Student rush
Posted: 5/14/08 at 9:04pm

I'm tempted to try rush for this but I'd hate to get out there and not win because I live an hour from the city.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

sweeneynut Profile Photo
sweeneynut
#9re: Saved-Student rush
Posted: 5/14/08 at 9:34pm

Alright, thanks for all of your help, everyone. I also live about an hour from the city, so I'll just try to get there extra extra early, since I'm trying to rush the Sat matinee. And, Broadway212, like caroline said, there's really not a bad seat in the house. The sides might not have the best sightlines, but Celia will just be pretty much in your face if you're in the front row.

Broadway212
#10re: Saved-Student rush
Posted: 5/14/08 at 10:05pm

thanks for the response sweeneynut have you seen the show is it good

sweeneynut Profile Photo
sweeneynut
#11re: Saved-Student rush
Posted: 5/14/08 at 10:25pm

Broadway212, you're asking the wrong person. I have a huge bias (Saved is one of my favorite movies and Celia is my favorite actress, I also love Aaron and Curtis), so the whole cast could've basically sat on the stage or read the phone book for 2 and a half hours and I would've loved it. That being said, I saw the second preview, and Celia (Keenan-Bolger), Julia (Murney), and Mary (Faber) were all fantastic vocally, and the girl who played Cassandra whose name I don't remember was a standout as well. Aaron Tveit has a smaller role, and I thought Van Hughes as Patrick acted well, but wasn't outstanding vocally. The show itself was cute and a lot more dramatic than I expected (see the movie first, there are some in-jokes), and it does need some work at the climax, as everyone's been saying. Oh, and the songs were alright-not a strong point, but not a weak point either. I'd definately recommend it to anyone, though, and I'll certainly be back.

(By the way, they sell Saved-themed drinks in the lobby at intermission, which I thought was adorable.)

Broadway212
#12re: Saved-Student rush
Posted: 5/14/08 at 10:40pm

thanks Updated On: 5/14/08 at 10:40 PM

lightguy06222
#13re: Saved-Student rush
Posted: 5/15/08 at 1:26am

I rushed the show tonight. I was there 645, and there was a line up of 15 people. And they only had 4 tickets.

I kind of hate when they only give out 4 student rush tickets.

Saw MACBETH instead.