News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lightguy06222

lightguy06222 Profile Photo
Member Name: lightguy06222
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden  Jan 17 2023, 03:47:19 PM

awwwww this is cute.  how old are you?  19?

Did you see Cinderella on the west end?  it was an absolute disaster and ALW pulled the plug, hoping that he can "fix" it.  He closed it because it was awful, and producers were not interested in financing it.  Easier to get producers to invest in HIM, rather than this specific bad property he was hoping he could fix.

BTTF is selling like hotcakes on the west end, and will

MR. SATURDAY NIGHT will close September 4  Jul 17 2022, 06:22:50 PM

the biggest problem is the show was bad.

FAIRYCAKES Off-Broadway - Previews  Oct 23 2021, 11:03:26 PM

this was BAD.

it felt like a first draft.

He cant direct, and the writing is CHEESE.  but a stinky cheese.  not a smart sophisticated cheese.

thoroughly disappointed.  

The cast is wonderful and doing their best with bad material on a bad set on a bad stage

When will actors begin stage dooring again/backstage tours  Apr 3 2020, 11:25:48 PM

"stage dooring" is a thing of the past!  RIP.

so is the "handshake" as a greeting.

Backstage tours will be VIP access only.  you will need to know someone in the show personally.  Or get prior approval from producers or something.

Between The Lines Musical Possible Broadway Transfer Next Season?  Feb 3 2020, 11:10:53 AM

daryl roth is producing.  

if its successful at second stage, she will open a commercial production at her theatre (Daryl Roth Theatre in Union Square) beginning in September. 

Emojiland Discount?  Dec 19 2019, 11:19:02 AM

@modernmillie it seems like you WANT the show to fail.

Are you one of the actors from the NYMF production who was replaced?

<<edited by BWW staff>>

Anyways I saw it at NYMF and it was charming and adorable. Not a kids show, any more than “lightening thief” was a kids show. It’s Family friendly but I had a great time with friends.

Whatever became of BEACHES The Musical?  Jul 14 2019, 01:12:00 PM
That “opens in London” article was dated March 2018.

Still happening?

NYMF 2019  Jul 9 2019, 11:06:59 AM

cant wait to see MY REAL MOTHER.

NYMF 2019  Jul 9 2019, 11:06:54 AM

cant wait to see MY REAL MOTHER.

Dragon Spring Phoenix Rising at The Shed  Jun 28 2019, 12:25:36 PM

OY IT WAS SO TERRIBLE.

That being said, I disagree about inflated ticket prices... at least for THIS show.  I got a pair for $25 each from the box office and the seats were great.  they have LOTS of great seats at great price points.

but what a mess of a show.

they hired kung fu Artists, not actors or singers.  and there was VERY LITTLE king fu. 

the singing was awful and could be cut. &nbs

WORKING  Jun 28 2019, 12:22:30 PM

I found myself incredibly disappointed wednesday night.

the BEST part is the new material added.... SPOILER ALERT?

the production team interviews staff members at New York City Center, and added their stories into the show!  Security, Ushers, Ticket Takers, Box Office people.... and their CHILDREN who also work at NYCC.

it was a BEAUTIFUL HEARTWARMING addition to the show.  It was the only part of the show that felt heartfelt.

Having se

If you could see any 8 shows in one week...  Jun 23 2019, 11:42:43 PM

id rather pick an 8 show week of whats currently PLAYING.... basically the 8 shows I would go back and see a second time...

1- Harry Potter Pt 1

2- Harry Potter Pt 2

3- A Strange Loop

4- Wicked

5- Dear Evan Hansen

6- The Prom

7- Tootsie

8- Hadestown

Tootsie- worst musical of the year  May 20 2019, 04:20:05 PM

I loved it!

Beetlejuice was BLECH

Lottery Ticket Prices These Days  May 15 2019, 10:19:03 AM
$30 and $40 IS affordable Seats. Compared to the $149 price tag..... when the lotto was $20 bucks, the FULL PRICES were only $100.... why producers should be still charging 20 year old prices is beyond me.

I miss the day where you could go to a THEMEPARK for $80 bucks

I miss the day where you could buy a SANDWICH for under $10.

I miss the day where you could buy a BEER for under $10.

Prices rise

You are entitled to nothing. Stop being so cheap. <

Definition of 'a mess'  Mar 12 2019, 03:39:01 PM

to each his own.  I appreciate that you provided your own feedback and your own experience, but no need to knock down others opinions in the first place.

I wouldn't consider myself a zealous theatre fan, and frankly tend to hate ALOT, if not most, of what I see.  I think this show brilliantly portrayed the current state of the world, in a Shakespearean period manner.  and THAT is what makes good theatre for me.  reflecting modern opinions in an artisti

When a show closes, what does the ensemble do?  Mar 12 2019, 01:32:12 AM

I dont understand why we think the ensemble would do anything different than the principals.

not all principals are idina Menzel or Kristin chenowith....

MANY actors with principal roles struggle with finding work when a show closes....

SOME ensemble members will pop right into the ensemble of another show!

some principal actors never work again....

Definition of 'a mess'  Mar 12 2019, 01:25:27 AM

this might be the best new play of the 21st century.

ALOT of the dialogue went over my head.  but the POINT of the show is brilliant.

Its all about massacres, coups, and the PEOPLE who are left behind to clean up the mess.

its about what happens with terrible leaders with no unchecked power.

its about the power dynamic between men and women

its about what we do with our feelings when the world is falling apart and everyone is dead and

Dear Evan Hansen CLOSING to make room for an upcoming production??  Mar 12 2019, 01:15:33 AM

shows close and move all the time!  maybe there WAS some clause in their contract.  DEH can easily move to another venue to make way for something else.  

although I doubt the truth to this rumor

2 tickets to KISS ME KATE @ 8pm tonight $80 (both)  Mar 7 2019, 02:24:12 PM

still avail?

messaging u

Superhero or Alice By Heart?  Mar 3 2019, 10:32:40 PM

another vote for super hero.

Alice bored the sh*t outta me.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You