pixeltracker

OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.

OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.

Joy Behar Profile Photo
Joy Behar
#1OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 12:31am

So, a while back, I went to Monday Night New Voices, hosted by Scott Alan and the cast of [title of show]. Wonderful evening, featuring the music of Jeff Bowen. And if it's possible to fall in love with a set of vocal chords, I have done it. And I know what I'm talking about, because I was obsessed with Natalie Weiss before it was cool. So listen up kiddies, you all better hop on the Mike Harrison train before it pulls out of the station. Seriously. I did some myspace stalking and felt like sharing the love.

www.myspace.com/mikeeharrison

I stage doored Wicked and gave Annaleigh Ashford his myspace link, and she was like, "Good, I'm glad."

Joy Behar has approved this message.
Updated On: 5/30/08 at 12:31 AM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#2re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 12:37am

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Joy Behar Profile Photo
Joy Behar
#2re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 1:19am

Don't you love him? I feel like he's the love child of Kate Shindle and Daniel Breaker, but raised by Shoshana Bean and Titus Burgess, and I'm fairly sure that he has some relation to Susan Blackwell and Jackie Hoffman. Don't you think?

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#3re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 1:24am

That's one convoluted family tree. I think you may need to throw Michael Buble and Shaun Barrowes as cousins or something.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".
Updated On: 5/30/08 at 01:24 AM

fan fo sho' Profile Photo
fan fo sho'
#4re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 3:01am

wow. He sounds great! Has he been in anything recently? I could totally hear the influence of his talented family tree...haha. He and his "adopted mother" Shoshana should do a duet together.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#5re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 10:21am

Who the heck is Natalie Weiss?

Never heard of her.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#6re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 10:23am

Me neither.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#7re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 11:07am

OMG - I first saw Natalie Weiss in Scott Alan's 'Dreaming Wide Awake' at Birdland. She was filling in at the last minute for one of the performers who was ill.
She turned out one of the most amazing performances in the show... even better than most of the seasoned professionals. Check out some of her excellent videos on Youtube.

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)
Updated On: 5/30/08 at 11:07 AM

Joy Behar Profile Photo
Joy Behar
#8re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 11:27am

Isn't he amazing? But I don't want this thread to be come solely about Natalie Weiss (even though she's AMAZING). This is a Mike Harrison thread, set up to worship him in all his vocal pyrotechnic glory.

I did some more facebook/myspace/friendster stalking, and I've learned a good bit about him. He's been in dozens of musicals, actually. He was Jamie in L5Y, Cable in South Pacific, Mary Sunshine in Chicago, Lord Evelyn Oakley in Anything Goes, to name a few. This boy sang at SHOWTIME AT THE APOLLO (i didn't know white people could do that)! He was also, until recently, a member of BLUE JUPITER, a professional acapella group. I found some clips of them, and Mike was by far the best thing in the group. I wonder how they are even coping without him. These days, he is keeping himself busy singing backups for Nick Howard (the guy that sings that song from THE HILLS), gigging with the Starlight Orchestra, and the most exciting thing... he is planning a Make-A-Wish benefit filled with Broadway SuperSTARS in the fall. OMG. Don't you just love him?

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#9re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 12:36pm

He sounds terrific!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

fan fo sho'
#10re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 2:53pm

on a totally seperate note I actually love Nick Howard and Natalie Weiss so other than the fact that he has a great voice, he is automatically great in my book by association!

heights fan 16 Profile Photo
heights fan 16
#11re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 7:13pm

Good Call Joy! Don't know if I'd say Natalie's twin, but he has a vocal style all his own.

Joy Behar Profile Photo
Joy Behar
#12re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 9:28pm

Ok, one of Mike's friends just sent me a PM, and they told me that he auditioned for America's Got Talent, got called back several times, and that they ended up telling him he was too talented, professional, and polished for their show. How lame is that? Although, it makes perfect sense, because that show sucks. It should be called America's Got Mediocre Singers and Some Decent Jugglers. But seriously, couldn't you see him on American Idol? He's like a more charismatic version of Elliot Yamin.

fiyerowhereareyou2 Profile Photo
fiyerowhereareyou2
#13re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 10:11pm

omg...i totes love him...i met him at broadway bingo, and he was sooooooo nice. i didn't know he could sing like that!!!! what songs do you think would fit his voice?

what parts would you like to see him play?

i think i would like him to sing "Don't Cry Out Loud"

and i'd LUV to C him play Emmit in Legally Blonde!!!
check my blogg!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#14re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 10:17pm

I was at that Scott Alan event at Birdland and I don't remember any Natalie Weiss.
There were many amazing singers there, but i have no recollection of her.
Updated On: 5/30/08 at 10:17 PM

Joy Behar Profile Photo
Joy Behar
#15re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 10:21pm

I would love to hear him sing "A Song For You" by Donnie Hathaway. I also think that he could do a mean rendition of "Jesse's Girl".

As for parts I think he should play: (in no particular order)
-Jekyll/Hyde in Jekyll and Hyde
-Jesus in Godspell
-Peter in JCS
-Minister in A New Brain
-Jamie in L5Y (AGAIN!)
-Man 1 in Songs for a New World
-Any single part of EDGES
-Any single part of GLORY DAYS
-Fiyero in Wicked
-Jason in Bare
-Deena in a gender/race reversed production of Dreamgirls
-Marty Thomas's part in Xanadu
-Roger in Rent

And Craig, I don't know about him playing Emmett. I don't think that's really his style. I mean, don't get me wrong, I would be the first in line to buy tickets, but that part is the most vocally lame thing on Broadway now. He doesn't even get to belt an A.

fiyerowhereareyou2
#16re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 10:35pm

totes on fiyero!!! clearly i'm obsessed...how'd you find my name? did you watch my blogg? ha ha, lol.

i have some similar dream roles!!!
what do others think?

joy, good find here. he totally sounds like baby face mixed w/ elliot yamin. did he go to penn state too?

check out this pic i found w/ that girl who plays the assistant in little mermaid and some of her friends!!!!

re: OMG.  I have found the male Natalie Weiss.

check my blogg! Updated On: 5/30/08 at 10:35 PM

Joy Behar Profile Photo
Joy Behar
#17re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 10:50pm

So many things:

1. How CUTE is he?!?! I love his little baby face. In love.

2. Do you not realize who those people with Mike are?! While, yes, he is with the "assistant from Little Mermaid", her name is Heidi Blickenstaff, and she is surrounded by her fellow cast members from the upcoming Broadway hit musical, [title of show]. Hunter Bell, Jeff Bowen, Susan Blackwell, Larry Pressgrove, and Helen Hayes Award Winner Heidi Blickenstaff. Seriously, have you never heard of them? They are amazing. titleofshow.com. Go there now. It will change your life.

3. Back to Mike, he must be really good friends with them by the looks of this photo. I'm even more IN LOVE!

4. Maybe he could understudy Hunter and Jeff when it goes to Broadway. Wouldn't that be amazing?

5. I'm gonna go take a cold shower.

fiyerowhereareyou2
#18re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/30/08 at 10:54pm

that's title of show?
that's the show about vampires right?
ohhh.

my girlfriend totally thinks he is hot.

gotta go, i'm stage dooring grease tonight...wanna get laura and max to sign something for my bff's bday! is it too late?

mike harrison could be teen angel!

heights fan 16 Profile Photo
heights fan 16
#19re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/31/08 at 3:43am

I don't know if you are joking about him Craig, but everyone should really go check out his page because he is one of the better male vocalists that I've heard in a while....let's show him some support!!

fiyerowhereareyou2
#20re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 5/31/08 at 10:22am

no jokes, he is amazing! he even has original songs!

Joy Behar Profile Photo
Joy Behar
#21re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 6/2/08 at 12:13am

Ok, so Mike just sent out a myspace bulletin, thanking the broadwayworld community for all of the visits to his page. HE READS THIS BOARD! If you have anything to say to him, you can post it here, and he'll read it!

I'll go first.

You have got to be one of the most amazing vocalists I have ever heard. Your voice is a gift. Please keep putting up more songs on your page. Can you get some youtube videos up? I'm sure you have some. If you get your music out there, you will definitely be big. And the theater community would eat you up. Do you have any videos of Last Five Years or South Pacific? I would love to see those. Also, have you seen Wicked? Because you would make an amazing and soulful Fiyero. Just saying...

fan fo sho'
#22re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 6/2/08 at 10:59am

I was just about to write that Joy. I recently friended Mike on Myspace due to your suggestion and saw that he thanked the BroadwayWorld community for their support. Definitely a fan and hope his voice catches on in the community!

glitterandjazzhands Profile Photo
glitterandjazzhands
#23re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 6/2/08 at 1:44pm

Wow. He seriously is Natalie Weiss as a guy. *heart melts*

Joy Behar Profile Photo
Joy Behar
#24re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
Posted: 6/3/08 at 12:28am

Ok, so I just saw RENT tonight. I've seen in 12 times now, and the last time I saw it, Drew Lachey was in it (which is funny, because they just announced today that he's going to be in spamalot). It got me thinking, and I totally think that you could be Mark. You would be so much better than Drew (and no offense if Drew is reading this board - JK!) I mean, i posted earlier that you should play Roger (and you should) but I think that you could really do an awesome Mark.

Off-topic: Has there ever been a white Collins? That could work, right?

www.myspace.com/mikeeharrison

Videos